Approved ribbons through February 17, 2011

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved ribbons through February 17, 2011

Approved ribbons through February 17, 2011. Congratulations gentlemen!

I want to, in particular, point out AFSoccer has been awarded a level 5 commander ribbon. Clearly, one of the very best commanders, if not the best, in PR.

Distinguished Medic (Class I)

Who: Yrkidding

Recommended Award: Distinguished Medic

Game/Server: PR / TG Public

Place and Time: Monday, January 22, 2011 - 9:15 PM; Burning Sands - Pick 'em night

Nomination: Yrkidding was exceptional with the Medic Kit. He was proficient at keeping my squad and others in the vicinity of my squad alive, even under heavy enemy fire and mortars. He got caught in a hole south of the VCP where one of our FOB's had been placed. He worked diligently to keep my squad and squad 4 alive. He moved with me and covered me while I took out an enemy squad that had been holding Old Bunkers. He placed smoke precisely where it was needed and when it was needed, the last thing he did at Old Bunker before he was taken out. It allowed Napolean and myself to hold OB.will reach those that would consider him for a higher ranking class in this field.

Distinguished Sniper (Class I)

Who: Ironclad Jafar

Recommended Award: Distinguished Sniper

Place and Time: Monday, January 22, 2011 - 9:15 PM; Burning Sands - Pick 'em night

Nomination: Jafar was not in my squad but was spotting and sniping for the team. When my squad was assigned to take Old Bunkers by ourselves, he spawned in at our FOB we had built in the Housing area SW of OB. There he started giving me intel on what was in the OB. The enemy had setup a TOW and AA on the south side of OB. I chose to move my squad into OB from the S with my MTLB supporting us. He was able to clear the TOW and the AA of enemy, he then cleared the S side of OB and spotted the enemy FOB. He marked everything on the map that I needed to know and he supported my squad as we went on foot across the open desert to OB. We took OB and he then turned his attention on VCP. He provide me intel on all enemy armor, logi and helo's moving out of their main. We were able to destroy two of their Logi's that ran along the NE and then turned SE by OB. He then provided me mortar targets on the enemy armor and infantry trying to hold the VCP. He coordinated with me very well and I with him.

Distinguished Anti-Tank (Class I)

Who: Napolean_Blownapart

Recommended Award: Distinguished Anti-Tank

Nomination: Napolean worked hard in my squad with the HAT. The first flag was Village for MEC we took that flag and built a FOB and AA. Next we took the MTLB and moved along the W of City and into the NE where we built another FOB. We were then asked to Old Bunkers in the N as a loan squad. Napolean worked magic with the HAT. He damaged a Chinook w/ his HAT. He shot down the Apache over the little housing development to the N of the lake w/ the HAT. Then he killed an enemy Logi as we moved into Old Bunkers. We held OB for quit a while and then started getting mortared, when all was said and done it was myself and Napolean left at OB with part of boogy's squad. Napolean then took out a tank that had rolled up and then the BMP (I think that is what it was but could be wrong) that had moved up.
    We got knocked down at OB and respawned south of the VCP. There Napolean took out a Warrior that had rolled in south of us, then he damaged another Chinook that had dropped enemies to the SE of us. In all it was a great round. If it wasn't for his efforts my squad would not have been as successful as it was.

Distinguished Armor (Class I)

Who: Alpha.S9 and Mongol

Recommended Award: Distinguished Armor

Nomination: Alpha.S9 and Mongol took up the driving and gunning (respectively) for our squad when the commander asked me to take the MTLB. As MEC we were ordered to spawn at Mining? and then move to Village to secure flag which we did. We were then ordered to move to South City and help with that flag, on the way our orders were changed and we were ordered to attack Old Bunkers up N as the only Squad. We dropped Jafar a CAS spotter for our team at South City and moved to the West. They were both concerned about going this route but I gave them short way points to move and had them use the buildings and boulders as cover. They were great, they moved and hid very well when Helos and vehicles were going by. I sent them into the woods N of the lake to take out an enemy FOB that was built there, they found it and knifed it. Not using their gun was a very good idea. They then support the rest of the squad as we moved up into the little housing development S of Old Bunkers. As the squad advanced across the open to Old Bunkers they supplied covering fire and pushed the remaining defenders back to the North. They then advanced in with us when we knocked down the FOB. It was epic and a perfect way to support with the armor we had.

Combat Action (Class I)

Who / What?

Combat Action

|TG-189th|Tom_King

Where?
    Operation Archer, January 25, 2011

How?

We started the round with a squad lead by BlackPython. Tom was a rifleman with the squad at first. We headed out to the North, passing through the town and on to the hills North of the town. We engaged an enemy position with a stationary SPG, neutralizing it. A fire fight broke out, where Tom took out several enemy and revived the squad with the medic kit.

We moved on to a cache on the East side of the map, assisting another squad in finding it. Tom lead the charge with the AR this time, taking down no less than 9 enemy in the assault. The cache went down and we moved back to main.

Later we moved to the village again, this time TOM was the medic. After engaging what appeared to be half the team, we were all wiped out - except for Tom. He remained in the town for over 8 minutes (I timed it) harassing the enemy alone with the medic kit. I am not sure how many went down, but it was truly impressive.

Next we engaged the enemy mortar teams in the North, getting a few more and taking them out of the action for a prolonged time. We shifted East and put pressure on the now known cache. Tom again racked up several more kills and helped fend of at least 3 major insurgent attacks on our position.

I remember more than that, but those are the main highlights. Tom was truly in good form tonight. It was just impressive to watch him spot enemy with uncanny accuracy and then kill them with the same uncanny ability. I have seen it many times in PR, but tonight I took the time to write it up for a change. Tom is an awesome PR player and I think he deserves recognition.

In the end, Tom killed 25 enemy, only dying 7 times. He did this in several positions, from rifleman to AR to medic. His ability to operate with high efficiency in several positions in one round makes Combat Action a worthy ribbon for the effort.

We won the match and I think it was in large part to the effort he made for the team.

Distinguished Commander (Class V)

Recommended Award: Distinguished Commander

Game: BF2: Project Reality

Place and Time: Password Night 1/29/11 Kozelsk

Who: AFsoccer

Nomination:
    During the Pick-em night on January 29th, I was very impressed by the way AFsoccer handled the responsibilities and roles of a commander. Namely he exemplified what it meant to command (not control) his team, relay communications, and provide strategical assets to the squads that needed them most.

It was evident from the first moment of the Pick-em night when we loaded into the seeder map that AFsoccer was not going to have any bs. He made it very clear that we were here to have a good time, but to be focused on our objective. He got us organized into squads effectively and quickly, and set up a basic plan of attack. Great prep work, but that was just the beginning.

As soon as the map started we were ready to roll out, AFsoccer made sure everyone knew where to go and when. But best of all once he gave an order he gave us time and flexibility to do our jobs. There are lots of times when commanders will just give an order and you'll never hear from them again, or they will be interrupting you every 30 seconds to ask why haven't you done such and such yet. AFsoccer made the absolute best of comms, making sure not to clutter my gameplay but also gave me as a squad leader a clear objective to accomplish.

The next best thing about AFsoccer's commanding was the way he used the strategical assets. Always there was an APC around when we needed one, and always there were crates just 1 or 2 minutes after we had secured an area. Never did we have less than 4 FOB's up at any given time, with usually 5 up in places that needed them the most. Of course he could not have done this without the Asset squads complying with his orders, but to a simple squad leader of grunts, it all seemed like magic. I'm convinced that the lateral teamwork we saw in that round was due to the efforts of the Commander.

Kozelsk was the best round of Project Reality I have ever played (which is funny seeing as I ended up with like a 1-7 KDR or something like that), and I attribute that to the Russian team, and it's commander that night. Thank you AFsoccer for taking the time out of your day, and running such an effective ship that lead to a glorious victory.

sigpic

Re: Approved ribbons through February 17, 2011

Congrats to the winners!

A big congrats to Soccer - very prestigious award there :)
    Skud

Comment

I'm speechless.

... but thank you very much to whoever submitted the nomination and thank you to all of the amazing squad leaders that night! :)

Comment

A lot of nominations, congrats to everyone!
        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I can only hope someday that I will be as good at commanding as you, AFSoccer. As scrim opponents (and role counterparts) back in August, I did not know how much of a fight I was in for on the command & logistics side of things until my strategy collided into your steadfast positioning and resupply lines. That day, you proved yourself simultaneously the best of allies and of foes.

That being said, everyone: remember as your writing your nominations for the many deserving commanders out there that their effectiveness is only as good as the people under their command. When the synthesis of command structures brings about a tremendous experience, the squad leaders performance is often also to be commended.

*salutes AFSoccer

P.S.
          I am honored to accept the commendation for my performance on Burning Sands. Many thanks to the brave soldiers involved in that round!
          Whether by air or on land
          foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Hearty congratulations to all, very well deserved. Soccer, Class 5! (salutes), Outstanding Sir!

Comment

Good to see a nice flow of ribbons in!

Well done to all, especially AFsoccer. I haven't seen many people with a class 5 and in commanding too. Great person and ambassador to TG
              AnimalMother
              Ex TG-31st LR
              "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Congrats to all
                AFsoccer: Ths is outstanding!!!

---------
                |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Well earned.
                    Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Way to go everyone and for sure Soccer, you are the best of the best :)

|

Comment

Bravo Zulu folks.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

congrats
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Thank you very much for the medic ribbon, honored to receive it, and congrats to all the other winners, especially to AFsoccer!

Comment

You are IMO the best commander I have the good fortune of running with....not before time Congrats Soccer <S>
                              Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                              I'm speechless.

... but thank you very much to whoever submitted the nomination and thank you to all of the amazing squad leaders that night! :)
                              sigpic
                              "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...