Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angled Rocket pods testing

Hey guys!

So I've managed to complete a proof-of-concept modification of the PR vehicle code that gives some of the two-seater helicopter gunships an "angled" version of their hydra weapons that fires the rockets at a slightly lowered angle (for the Apache at least, lined up with the co-gunner trackbox on the HUD). This allows a gunship pilot to engage targets with rockets from a hovering attitude (and, I've found, with greater time to adjust the rockets), as well as permitting strafing runs from a safer height-above-ground on the pass. So far the toggle implementation isn't perfect; you have to use the "toggle weapons" key to switch and it will cycle through your other views while you do it, but I have differing audio tones for when you switch from level to angled and back, and I've managed to make it work effectively with minor inconvenience to the pilot (you just have to hit the '1' key every time you toggle rocket angle to ensure it doesn't cycle into "POV" weapons).

Anyone interested in participating in some networking testing of this code (specifically recording it)? It would just entail crewing the helicopters, setting up simulations for attack runs, and putting down lazes. Once I confirm it works and that it has positive gameplay contributions, I'm going to submit the code along with some of the resulting media to the DEV team as the first of my PR contributions.

Cheers,

JaFaR
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Re: Angled Rocket pods testing

i'll help you test if and when i can, you got xfire?
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Same, I don't mind helping out.

xfire: paintscratcher

Comment

Im in.

Xfire- majorissuez99

Comment

I'll help out as well, Xfire - shadowflame324, can't guarantee any scheduled times at the moment, but I can see if I can help out as much as possible.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Sounds really cool, I hope it works out ^^

Comment

Very cool!

You could monkey with Mosquil's code for set 'nade launcher rounds for this.
              sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I believe that the functional 40mm sights are really just an animation thing which wouldn't really do much with something like this.
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

To my understanding it is also changing the 'power'/'arc' of the weapon.

Comment

I'm pretty sure rockets/'nades have only one power and only the firing arc changes the weapon's range.
                    sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      To my understanding it is also changing the 'power'/'arc' of the weapon.
                      What it does is it shifts how the player is looking through the sights of the GL, which is done by shifting where the player's forced viewing point is when you change distance. You'll notice when changing distances on the GL your aim moves off of where you were aiming before. This is because when you change the distance setting it shifts your whole screen. If you didn't adjust your aim after changing distance setting then the grenade would hit the same area as the previous setting.

Anyways, back on topic, Jafar any news on this?
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Back off topic.

I thought weapons fired by the player that were not vehicle based always fired from the center of the player's screen.

Comment

hax, Im not sure how but they did, I read somewhere how they did it but can't remember now. I do know that it takes a lot of work and coding.
                          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I'm going to try and get the tests going tomorrow or Sunday, from about 1200-1700 PST. My Xfire username is hqjafar or -=|CT|=- JaFaR. Pending me talking with Buflax, we're going to use his server. I will post the necessary files and procedures when we do the test.
                            Whether by air or on land
                            foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse