Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved ribbons through March 15, 2011.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved ribbons through March 15, 2011.

Approved ribbons through March 15, 2011. Congratulations gentlemen!

Distinguished Volunteer (Class I)

Awardees:

A.Wickens

Who: A.Wickens

Recommended Award: Distinguished Volunteer

Game/Server: PR / TG Public

Place and Time: Lifetime Award

Nomination: Wickens is well known to everyone that plays PR here at Tactical Gamer. Recently, he voluntarily took on the daunting and thankless position of Project Reality Game Officer XO. As you know, being a PR admin is totally voluntary and the admin staff receives no pay, discount or other benefit from the position. It is an often difficult, time consuming and thankless job. It is also the reason we have the best server on the internet for PR - the professional and continuous job our admin team does.

To take on leadership of the admin team is above and beyond the call of duty. Wickens has stepped in at a time when the main Game Officer is unable to be on duty full time. Wickens has taken on many difficult issues within the admin realm, at a high cost to his personal time, gaming time and mostly his nerves. Keeping 10+ admins with differing opinions acting as one is no small feat. I feel Wickens is doing a great job at it, volunteering a large block of his life to our community.

The very least he deserves is approval of this level 1 Volunteer ribbon.

Distinguished Volunteer (Class I)

Awardees:

DaViking

Who?
    TG Forum name: DaViking

What?
    Distinguished Volunteer, Level 1

Where?
    Lifetime

How?

DaViking has been working as a Project Reality admin for quite a while now. He is part of the team that works for free here at TG, spending his time out of the goodness of his heart trying to keepTG and our server the best place to game out there. As there is no other compensation for volunteering here at TG, I think it is appropriate to recognize those that put in their time with the one thing we can do - nominate them for an award for their service.

Since this is a Level 1 award nomination, I think it is easy to see how DaViking has easily met the requirements for this type of recognition. He is active as an admin, an example to the community and a constant presence in on the PR server, as an admin and in the admin forums.

I would appreciate your support for this award.

Distinguished Volunteer (Class II)

Awardees:

Warlab

Who?
    TG Forum name: Warlab

What?
    Distinguished Volunteer, Level 2

Where?
    Lifetime

How?

Warlab has been around TG for quite some time. He has done a lot of work for the community, starting as an admin for the Project Reality server. Most notably though is in his current position as manager of content development for all of TG.

As we all know, being an admin or serving the community at TG is a job that goes without pay, compensation or (most times) recognition. As manager of content development, Warlab donates a huge amount of his personal time to TG, taking away from his RL time, gaming time and sleep time. I have seen the affects of his efforts on the content side of TG, and I think he is putting in a level of volunteer work that should easily warrant this nomination - Level 1 award.

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader Class I

Awardees:

Tom King

Who?
    TG Forum name: Tom King

What?
    Distinguished Squad Leader, Level 1

Where?
    Dragon Fly, Muttrah City

How?

Tom King has been squad leading for quite some time. Over the course of the last 6 months, I have seen him become a regular SL on the server. As this is a level 1 award, I think he has clearly shown the ability to warrant that level of recognition, if not more.

Several times recently he has really shown some skill in the SL position. I am providing this video to show how he manages the squad and takes charge.

[video ommitted]

He is clear, concise and always on the mark with orders. He also has a really uncanny ability to use the binos and always knows where the enemy is.

Last night, we had an epic round on Muttrah. Tom lead a 5 man infantry squad that marched up the map as MEC, took out most of the enemy positions along the way, and lead the team to a victory against the USA - the side with more organization and leadership (had a CO).

Tom is a really solid TG member, a great player in PR and an even better SL.

Award: Distinguished Squad Leader Class I

Awardees:

BoogyLoH

Game/Server:

Tactical Gamer - Project Reality .9 c

Place and Time:

27th of February 2011 - Op. Barracuda

Nomination:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=10794
    |?| BoogyLOH

Related AAR:

I am nominating Boogy for Distinguished Squad leader seeing as he performed excellently in a round which turned the tide for a team that was failing to grasp a secure foothold on the island of Barracuda.

Air Strip was the flag, the obstacle which was stopping us getting onto our next objectives at North Rock, Bridge then their main; Missile Silo.

After countless attacks at Air Strip, the team kind of gave up and had spread all around the islands of Barracuda. We had not dared attacked since we had taken so many casualties attacking. But one squad managed to attack and that was Boogy's. A single squad did what an entire team could not do, capture an objective and killing the enemies that were on it. In quick succession his squad captured Air Strip. The team then managed to capture the rest of the objectives and Boogy's squad then captured another vital objective. We capped out the entire enemies objectives and won the game.

It was one move by Boogy which got the ball rolling and which made us win the game. That one successful attack on Air Strip cost the enemy team the game. Initially the team was not particularly successful. It was after the assault of Air Strip, the morale of the entire team had been lifted; ending in our subtle victory. This is why I am nominating Boogy for this nomination. He took the role of squad leading and managed to do something magical which the entire team could not do against one objective.

Many congratulations gentlemen!

TMAN
    Last edited by TMan; 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM.
    sigpic

Re: Approved ribbons through March 15, 2011.

Congratulations! Well deserved!

Comment

+5 !!!!

One for each awardee!

Comment

Nice job guys! :)

Comment

well done there guys! well deserved
          AnimalMother
          Ex TG-31st LR
          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Nice Job!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations everyone!
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Congratuations everyone.

March must be my month.. two years ago: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1229157

I've been here too long. I should get a persistence ribbon or something.. :P
                "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
                -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

congrats guys!

Comment

Awesome, well done !

TG-6th|Almightylion

"It's feedom for everybody or freedom for nobody"" - Malcolm X

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats!

| | | |

Comment

Congrats and good job everyone!
                          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Well done all. Great to see nominations happening again, lets keep up the kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by BoogyLoH View Post
                              Congratuations everyone.

March must be my month.. two years ago: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1229157

I've been here too long. I should get a persistence ribbon or something.. :P
                              I modified a ribbons post dated March 15, 2010 to write this one, so sign me up too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X