No announcement yet.

Need some technical assistance, please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some technical assistance, please.

Hey guys,

I've been having a reoccurring problem for the last 2-4 months now, and from what I can tell it's only on the TG server. Here's what happens:

After so long on the TG server, I'll get disconnected. When I rejoin, I will continue to get disconnected within 5 minutes of rejoining. This will continue until I restart my computer. (It doesn't work if I restart game, restart router, modem, etc.) The reason I say it's only the TG server is because, after experiencing the disconnection, if I move to another server it will be fine without restarting anything. I have played on other servers for quite a while at once and it hasn't happened. However, I may make it a point sometime soon to jump on another server for an entire night and see what happens, just to double-check.

Also, the way I get disconnected is somewhat strange. Instead of getting the "connection problems" dialogue that comes up in the middle of the screen before a typical disconnect, server crash, or end-game, my screen simply freezes, IMMEDIATELY my character dies (I know this thanks to mumble), and I return to the lobby with the "lost connection to server" window. I think an SM-Kick is like that, isn't it? It's been a long time since I've gotten SM-Kicked, because I've been an SM, until two days ago. In all seriousness it's very much like I'm getting kicked out of the server. (Not saying this is the case, I'm just saying that's the way it disconnects me)

Any ideas, clues, or thoughts? All will be appreciated... TG is by far my favorite server, as you should know since I'm there all the time. I want to get this shiznit fixed.

Thanks in advance,
    -Stick07

Re: Need some technical assistance, please.

AND since I just realized that there is a technical forum, feel free to move this post there.

Mah bad.

Comment

In the past I have been punkbusted without an error message. This was mainly due to outdated pb files, but it would happen pretty consistently. After a manual update I had no problems... but this sounds a little different. I do know that if I play PR for too long without restarting (the application, not my PC) i will get some weird frame rate issues from time to time. If you haven't already, try a manual punkbuster update and see if it helps.

I haven't ever noticed this being specific to TG, but then again I don't play anywhere else.

Comment

Definitely try manually updating punkbuster.

Download and install pbsetup.

Add your games. You might be surprised that you actually DID have to update!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X