Clear All

• Sunday night Pickem

Hey guys,

Decided to do a random pickem/password night tonight

Password night will be:

Ramiel (pickem)
    Muttrah 16
    Kashan 32

Depending on how things go.. I'll post the PW in this thread after the pickem round is over.

If you wish to join the pickem -- join our Mumble channel and hop in the Waiting Room. You will be chosen by a team when we start picking them. If teams are chosen then we will put you on a team when people start leaving the server during that match. First come, first serve.

If you DO NOT have Mumble. Contact me through our TeamSpeak or Xfire (BoogyLoH) and I will personally see to it that you are put on a team when wer are choosing or when people leave the server.

pickem is over. PASSWORD: tgteamwork
    Last edited by BoogyLoH; 03-20-2011, 10:16 PM.
    "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
    -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Re: Sunday night Pickem

just had a pretty good ramiel round.
    i was the logi squad building sneaky fbs around the map. some of them got overruned 10 times+ but not destroyed.
    thanks to dbzao for commanding and letting me do my own thing, buflax helping me shoveling and defending and all others on the team for that nice teamwork.

i only got killed once when we drove with the convoy :)
    in the beginning on every spot where i wanted to build we were meeting enemys, that was a hot drive :), enemy everywhere.
    hope we see that sort of teamwork soon again.

| | | |

Comment

yes, excellent round as the US team, we managed to slide onto the first few caches before they were properly defended, but we had a serious job of getting out in one peace.

Comment

Horrible round on the insurgent side. Seems like every other cache revealed was the one we werent defending and the one that showed up second. I seemed to end up getting raped by the kiowa , striker, or being the only one around when the cache was being attacked a few times, and my KDR showed it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

I am confused. I thought that the caches became known in the order that they became unknown, but this was not the case. My plan was to have 3 squads defend the known cache, but I just kept managing to send everyone to the unknown, which stayed unknown for quite some time. Other unknown caches kept spawning and turning known. We sat on that cache in A5 while two other caches that spawned later turned known first. Is there some sort of rhyme or reason to how the caches become known?

I don't know how big a part that played in our absolute trouncing, but it definitely threw me off balance. I thought we had some pretty good leadership and a pretty good plan, but Bluefor did one hell of a job. Retrospectively, there are a few things I would do differently, but my hat is off to all of you that command on a regular basis. It is an even more thankless job than SL or medic.

I personally witnessed a few Bluefor squads moving through the city in pretty tight formations and lines and they looked well organized. The kiowa was a terror. We had waypoints set up all over the map and informants kept my phone ringing off the hook at almost all of them. Good game.

Comment

We were wondering why we kept facing very low resistance on the cache compounds. We'd find them and have maybe a squad in our way against our entire team. It felt pretty unfair on our side. Now I know why.

Dbzao did a great job of commanding while not micro managing. He just made it so the infantry gathered near a flank and moved in on it together. The SLs kinda took care of the rest. Db also got the pleasure of not having a failed assault on a cache position either -- so that works for him and his team.

As for insurgent side, the one advice I have to keep repeating is to defend your unknowns and make sure you are maxed out on hideouts. I'm convinced the caches almost always fall when there are one or less hideouts next to it. If there are two-three .. they usually stay alive a lot longer.

Props to Bullseye for rocking the FOBs for the bluefor. We got two caches spotted because our FOBs were overran/knocked down and we went to check it out. Also, I had to get Db to knock down a FOB because we had too many at the end of the match to put a new one near the last cache. I love being able to spawn outside of main on an insurgent map. :)
            "If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea."
            -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Comment

Insurgency in .95 is currently designed so most servers with an unorganized BLUFOR will still stand a good chance of taking down most of the caches. When you play it as a massively organized round BLUFOR will almost always triumph. The US side had around 309 tickets at the end.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Second that good Ramiel round. Dbzao kept the team toegether and focused, so that it could push off the insurgents from an area toegether and control it, so that you dont have one squad getting overrun by 15 insurgents over and over not to mention losing the vehicles they brought. Deaths were low and we lost few vehicles (except for one unlucky pilot losing several BH) we didnt even had to score a lot of kills to get each cache, although there were one or 2 lucky ones ^^.

Less shame and despair than I predicted.

@ Admiral, it is true what you said. I miss the times when no rally was tested and blueforce REALLY had to try and be focused to win. Winning with 300 tickets isnt actually that bad for the insurgents, they put up a good fight, Ive seen some rounds end with the blueforce having more than 100 tix than what they started with. While there have been many defeats for the bluefor on the TG server in the current version, it is still the way that an disorganised team gets at least 3-4 caches.

Comment

Only had time for maybe an hour last night, however great round as US on Ramiel. In Boogy's squad, good group of people and a good pilot. High mobility means high chance of spotting and getting to the cache. Extracting was harder, but we certainly got lucky on the caches we found.

Comment

I didn't get there until Muttrah... but man that was a fun game. Epic Fortress defense guys... not sure how much carnage we had in the end but it was pretty much nonstop action with something always needing to be done in order to hold that flag. That final US rush was awesome too... mortars while guys roped up the walls and a chopper landed troops.

ALPHA'S COMPOUND STILL STANDS. You may take the Quu out of the battle but you'll never take the battle out of the Quu! ALAMO!!!1111one

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralKird View Post
                      Insurgency in .95 is currently designed so most servers with an unorganized BLUFOR will still stand a good chance of taking down most of the caches. When you play it as a massively organized round BLUFOR will almost always triumph. The US side had around 309 tickets at the end.
                      Pretty much, anytime blufor can be an organized blob with mech inf opfor is screwed.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                        Pretty much, anytime blufor can be an organized blob with mech inf opfor is screwed.
                        Fast accurate mortars can wreck that party, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                          Fast accurate mortars can wreck that party, trust me.
                          There wasnt a lack of mortars, but a lack of luck on the insurgent side.

Comment

TK's 2 Cents: Hoping for a balanced game on a pick-em night using an obtusely asymmetrical game mode as the main event seemed a bit preposterous from the beginning. Several of us decided to avoid the situation all together.

As comments seem to be turning out. Everyone on the US had a ball. Which seems fitting. Quite the opposite on the Opfor side. Whose defeat proved predictable.

The 189th Infantry Brigade: Taking the 'the' out of psychotherapist since 2010.

XFire: mrthomasking

Comment

actually tomking, i was expecting blufor to get destroyed. in my experience a coordinated INS team is almost imposable to overrun (without kiowa rocket spam). we were expecting to have a much much harder time of it, but as the INS CO pointed out, he was operating on bad intel regarding witch caches would come up next.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X