Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems applying the Shija Valley Map Download.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems applying the Shija Valley Map Download.

A fellow member of TG is having trouble making the Shija Valley map work.

The member has the latest:

Drivers
    Version of BF2
    Version of PR
    Version of the PR Client

-------

When attempting to enter a server which uses such map, he receives a message stating "You do not have the map which is currently in rotation on this game server". If anyone can diagnose this problem or help in any way, please contact sushi-sacha: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/private...=newpm&u=44825

Many thanks,

CAT

---------“In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice.”---------

Re: Problems applying the Shija Valley Map Download.

Make sure he unzipped it to the pr folder and not to the pr/levels folder.

Comment

I had the same problem. What was happening for me was that the zip files would not go into the folders for some reason. I zipped them into my desk top and manually moved them into the correct folders.

I believe the base of my problem was that my unzip program "WINRAR", running on windows 7, was not set to run in administrator and could not zip files into the location. I have not tested this theory yet.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Best way to make sure is to Zip to the desktop, open that folder and move Levels and Localization folders to the PR folder manually to ensure all went well.

Comment

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
          Best way to make sure is to Zip to the desktop, open that folder and move Levels and Localization folders to the PR folder manually to ensure all went well.
          Or just log in as admin all the time. (Just kidding! Seriously... don't do that.)

Comment

Hello I've tried everyones suggestions but none have worked. I tried unzipping to desktop then manually moving to my Pr folder by the way all that my PR folder has in it is links for PR 0957 a PR guide, manual and something to unistall it. Please help me!!! I've even tried manually extracting all the zipped folders to PR but that didn't work. I also got a message saying that common server is invalid or corrupt
            Please HELP!!!!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
            Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

You are sending it to the wrong pr folder.
              My pr folder is in this location for my Windows 7 64 is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr
              If you are not using a 64 bit then it should be under C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr
              If you are not sure and are still confused then go to your pr short cut that was placed on your desktop, right click it and select properties. Under the shortcut tab you will see a field marked target. The information in the target field is the path to the correct pr folder.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

The install instruction included this photo:

Your PR folder will definitely be under EA GAMES, regardless of which drive you installed it on... so look for that to start with.

Comment

I got an error when trying to extract them, so I just took the shijia valley folder and put it in levels. But I left out the localization folder (not sure where to put it). Map works ok on devil's playground, but will it cause me trouble later on, leaving out that second folder?

First thing I searched for was my beloved forkilft, but it was nowhere to be found? :'/

Comment

The localization file is what gives you proper flag names with radius distance on the minimap. Without it, you can play just fine but the flag names will look like "cpname_shijiavalley_aas64_mine" instead of "Uranium Mine 200m".

If it didn't unzip correctly (for some reason), just drag the localization folder into the pr folder. There is a localization folder there already, so it will just add what's new. If you want to do it manually, the file called "prshijia.utxt" needs to go into: EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/mods/pr/localization/english.

Originally posted by Gore View Post
                    First thing I searched for was my beloved forkilft, but it was nowhere to be found? :'/
                    Yeah, sorry. I took it out to ensure it wouldn't cause problems.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks guys i'm trying what you said now

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                        Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                          I had the same problem. What was happening for me was that the zip files would not go into the folders for some reason. I zipped them into my desk top and manually moved them into the correct folders.

I believe the base of my problem was that my unzip program "WINRAR", running on windows 7, was not set to run in administrator and could not zip files into the location. I have not tested this theory yet.
                          Yes that is true I tested it, happened to me aswell

Comment

Run in ADMINISTRATOR MODE. Mine is always set to that, so I often forget people don't have it that way too.

Comment

Soccer thanks for the link to WinRAR it looks like the folders have gone to the right place in PR since it actually took a bit longer for them to be extracted so i'm guessing they've been installed. I'll try going on Cloven soon

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

Winston Churchill

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X