128 Player Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128 Player Server

Curious if anyone else is confused just as much as I am and I am afraid I didn't not see an related post but there seems to be an 128 max player server going about as an test... I'm not sure on the details but this seems to be something massively interesting in my opinion, but I do believe this will have some stability issues seeing how max squads are increased to 8 people to compensate and not everyone can channel the amount of constant bandwidth as other, PR is already demanding on some people's PC on max alone...

I may be late seeing how I am no longer in my original time zone anymore so when I get off work I tend to sleep and when I sleep all the action starts and leaves before I wake up....

Anyone aware of anything like this?
    Please Be Warned...
    If you see me... Im never alone....
    My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Re: 128 Player Server

Yeah. Its a really big thing and is assumed to be released in the next big update (read: not next patch).

There is a lot more about it on the PR forums.

Comment

Its surprisingly stable and plays well from what Ive seen.

I spoke to an admin for the server and was told they are testing out various builds and would appreciate the numbers if you do see it running

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Well it seems fairly decent. Few problems I've notice and the biggest one is that only the first 64 people in the server have their names displayed... everyone else it just show the person so i can tell there might be lot of TKing, to those unfamiliar with faction models

Maps take at least 2 mins to generate, understandable but still
        Squad Sizes at 8 does expand for the server but the problem is if there are 8 people in the squad then it will be highly complicated transporting them in vehicles such as an humvee that transports 5, t.humvee transport 6, and some helos and APC cant carry all of them so there will have to be alternate ways, in a good way this utilizes teamwork when it comes to transporting whole squads, instead of one vech or apc it will require an min of 2 but on the downside if there is only one vech then multiple trips will have to be made increasing the amount of time it will normal take.
        Also maps will have to either generate more vechs such as Kashan with 2 Trans helos to at least 3 or 4 to amass for the amount of people...

Yeah I understand this is an test but seeing how TG may or may not host such an server, I am just skeptical on how it will play out.... battles do seem larger though..
        Please Be Warned...
        If you see me... Im never alone....
        My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

It's been going on for awhile now, there is a long thread over on the PR forums.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

i saw that server today when TG server crashed. it said 128 but only came up with a max of 116

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
            Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

I did a quick check in the PR forums but couldnt find anything that directly answered my question. Maybe I didnt look hard enough.

Will the number of personal a trans chopper or truck (vehicles in general) be changed to accommodate the masses? Do you think that it should be changed?

A UH-60 can carry ten people IRL and i think the number should be raised to 10 including the pilot. Of course then a lot more work would need to be done but to balance the game out, I'm all for it.

Comment

No, the maximum number of people allowed in vehicles won't change (8) since its hardcoded. Instead, more vehicles will be added to accommodate the changes.
                Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

I also think that the approach of Infantry in PR on 4km maps is to by default make them mechanized or at the very least motorized.

Comment

but only came up with a max of 116
                    They set a squadless player kick, 116 is the most possible in that scenario I think

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                      I also think that the approach of Infantry in PR on 4km maps is to by default make them mechanized or at the very least motorized.
                      On many 4km maps infantery should go mechanized as it is, except for one or 2 air assault Infantery squads. Not going mechanized makes sense when you have a long drawn out fight over bunkers at Kashan, but thats about it.

Comment

I've been playing for a few nights on the testesrver.

To me the problems like the ones e-leader has listed are at most minor.

The tags don't matter much; you can still see your own squad on the map (all of them even those with no in game tags). Just watch the uniform, and take enemy kits at your own responsibility. As it should be. Running around in an enemy uniform is...dangerous.

Transport isn't really an issue. A truck can do two runs for a squad instead of one. Or you can incorporate an apc into an 8man squad. Not a big problem and this can be fixed by addin gpossibly more vehicles. THe number of places in a vehicle is just not a problem.

Also most infantry spawns of FOBs and doesn't need transport that much.

Furthermore the servers seem about as stable as TG is now, certainly not a big gap, and they are improving the software all the time.

CONCLUSION: TG should imo have hopped on this boat sometime ago. I would love to see TG take a leading role and start working towards a 100+ server ASAP. NOt to do so would be missing the boat. Other servers are certainly going to be offering more interesting gameplay than us by getting on this boat we are ignoring atm.

Comment

I've been playing for a few nights on the testesrver.

To me the problems like the ones e-leader has listed are at most minor.

The tags don't matter much; you can still see your own squad on the map (all of them even those with no in game tags). Just watch the uniform, and take enemy kits at your own responsibility. As it should be. Running around in an enemy uniform is...dangerous.

Transport isn't really an issue. A truck can do two runs for a squad instead of one. Or you can incorporate an apc into an 8man squad. Not a big problem and this can be fixed by addin gpossibly more vehicles. THe number of places in a vehicle is just not a problem.

Also most infantry spawns of FOBs and doesn't need transport that much.

Furthermore the servers seem about as stable as TG is now, certainly not a big gap, and they are improving the software all the time.

CONCLUSION: TG should imo have hopped on this boat sometime ago. I would love to see TG take a leading role and start working towards a 100+ server ASAP. NOt to do so would be missing the boat. Other servers are certainly going to be offering more interesting gameplay than us by getting on this boat we are ignoring atm.

Comment

Originally posted by dtacs View Post
                            No, the maximum number of people allowed in vehicles won't change (8) since its hardcoded. Instead, more vehicles will be added to accommodate the changes.
                            Well they said that the server cap was hardcoded too, maybe they can eventually do something about the vehicles. Until then I will enjoy the 128 servers

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Al, the server is a test server that is quite commonly taken down to change the code, admin is given to those changing the code and there are still possible glitches that need to be monitered. Because of those reasons thats why I thionk TG isn't part of the testing because our admins have enough to deal with on our standard public server, not a beta server that requires constant attention. The only Betas that I know of at Tg were stable changes made for testing gameplay, not changes that affected the entire game like this. Also there's only that one server doing the test that I know of, so we are in the same position as almost all other servers.
                              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X