Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the TG:PR community headed after PR:ArmAII comes out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the TG:PR community headed after PR:ArmAII comes out?

Big, fairly self-explanatory question. Where's everybody going after PR:ArmAII is released?

Me - I'm excited by what ArmAII could bring to the Project Reality table (if done properly I believe it would future-proof the mod technology-wise for the next century or so), but I'm rather unthrilled by the team's decision to focus on insurgency with an unconventional OpFor (the Taliban) for the first release. I'd have much rather seen Russia, the Takistani Army, or some sort of Militia faction play bad-guy to the Brits in conventional AAS. (Yes, I'm aware AAS is included in the first release but it doesn't look like it's going to be the mod's primary focus.) I had also been hoping for more scenario-based maps (a la PR:BF2) rather than getting a massive hunk of Afghanistan's Helmand Province but I 'spose beggars can't be choosers (they can just whine a lot).

Anyway, I'll be downloading the mod regardless of the above - but where the TG community's headed is what's going to make or break it for me. So where is it going?
    sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Re: Where's the TG:PR community headed after PR:ArmAII comes out?

It all depends on if we get that dedicated server or not and how the game actually plays.

I will definately DL it, after I buy Arma II. To me the game engine appeals to me more because it is far more versatile and represents reality more easily. The view distance is the biggest reason I want it.

The way I view PR ARMA is that it will be a 'main meal' that you have during the weekends or something, where as PR BF will be the appetizer when I can during the week.

Comment

Well if PR ARMA goes to plan I honestly don't see the need for BF PR. However, I will make that decision for myself when I play PR ARMA when it comes out. Until then and if it doesnt live to expectations I will stick with BF PR :)

Comment

I will check it out. I bought ARMA 2 when it was on sale, but could never get into it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

gutted that i didn't buy ARMA2 for a fiver when it was on sale over xmas, i got OA though.

over the past few days i've been playing a bit of A2 and it' been good fun, the features it offers are great for the style of gameplay.

as for PR:A2 v PR:BF2 and the community, i'll echo what ytman said really, in that A2 will seriously require you to set down a decent amount of time to play it given the scale of the game

i'd imagine that they'll be a good number of people that'll enjoy both and play both, some will move onto A2 and stay there, and others won't like the style of gameplay that the A2 engine has and stick with BF2

only time will tell
          AnimalMother
          Ex TG-31st LR
          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I'll probably stick to PR:BF2.

Not to say I won't try out PR:ArmA2 though.
            CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

I won't be trying PR:ArmA2

Because my computer can't handle it T-T

Comment

I'm probably going to have to sell my soul to pay back my debts for beefing up my computer just to play on super high settings, hah! Anyways, I'd thing I'd be there for a while and every so often come back to PR:BF2 for a nice action packed game.
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I'll still be playing PR on BF2. I don't have the funds to upgrade my current old computer to be able to handle Arma 2 nor the means to purchase a new comp altogether. Hopefully in a few months I will know if I can upgrade my comp.

I do like that PR will be on two gaming platforms.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I played the original Operation Flashpoint, Arma, ArmaII, and OA. I think that the the BF version of PR will be more "arcade" like than the ArmaII version, and so they will be two different games.

ArmaII is hard to just load up and play for an hour or so. I don't always have a lot of time to play, so BF PR will probably not be leaving my frequently played list for quite some time.

Comment

I'm going to say that BF2: PR will be the stronger version for a while yet, PR:A2 will still be in its infancy for the forceable future and don't think it will be able to compete with PR:BF2 content wise for a while. Having said that I think PR:A2 will come into its own over the next few years as the DEVS port more and more PR assets over to the new engine, then I forcee a mass transit to PR:A2.

I doubt there will be a huge dip in PR:BF2 players.

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you but I plan to play this game from my grave.

If A2 PR can compete, so be it. I have room on my coffin hard drive for both!

Comment

Will play both. I imagine PR:A will take a little time to fully hit its stride, however it has the advantage of having a far superior engine in all respects. If you compare what the PR Team has done with VBF2 and then add in an engine with the following;

- advanced medical system, inc dragging/carrying wounded players (Ace mod)
                          - realistic ballistics, weapon sway, fatigue etc
                          - huge maps, I mean really huge
                          - stunning graphics
                          - extremely enhanced 'realism'
                          - potential for dynamic weather
                          - destruction

The list goes on. The more advanced engine should allow the Devs to realise more of their ambitions.

As regards an audience, well there is certainly room for all variants, they all differ enough in what they offer. Perhaps the Arma variant will appeal to the more 'realism' oriented players, hard to judge.

Whatever happens now is a good time to be at TG, the future looks very bright indeed.

Comment

I plan on leaving PR:BF2 when arma2:PR comes out. I come from arma2 community and Both games are extremly diffrent. Ones a tactical shooter and ones a infantry combat simulator. PRBF2 Just lacks what Wickens said

- advanced medical system, inc dragging/carrying wounded players (Ace mod)
                            - realistic ballistics, weapon sway, fatigue etc
                            - huge maps, I mean really huge
                            - stunning graphics
                            - extremely enhanced 'realism'
                            - potential for dynamic weather
                            - destruction

Also the tactics and strategy used in PRBF2 will be very diffrent from the ones used in arma.

I am the Infantry FOLLOW ME!!!

Comment

Oh and since I have kinect... maybe I wont need a track IR for PR:A.... more reasons to play it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X