Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazer guided mortars possable in the forseeable future of PR?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazer guided mortars possable in the forseeable future of PR?

heres a link
    http://www.geek.com/articles/news/ar...istan-2011045/

any thoughts on having a (#4 key) Lazer guided morter for our tubes? maybe have them take3 or more bags to rearm. max of 4 in the pit?

any thoughts?

Re: Lazer guided mortars possable in the forseeable future of PR?

No. Think this would make mortars way too op.

Comment

That and it is not very realistic. And yes I have seen the "XM395 Precision Guided Mortar Munition" and I am sorry it is still not realistic. Anyone that tells you it is works for a weapons development company and is lying to you. It is right up there with "tarless tobacco."
      What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

My rifle won't fire where I visibly point it because of an invisible deviation system but we want lazer guided mortars, the worlds gone mad I tell you, mad!
        Last edited by Wicks; 04-07-2011, 01:03 PM.

Comment

You won't see a laser guided mortar shell any more than you'll see Copperhead rounds being requestable from the CO. There's more than enough of an inherent "HEY THIS ISN'T FAIR!!1" response from the concept that no matter what you do, sometimes the enemy is just better equipped and can hit you from beyond your visual range or beyond any ability to retaliate.

It's good for the real guys on the ground though, thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

While we're at it, let's give the Israelis the Delilah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delilah_%28missile%29

This actually is the BF2 missile, only better.

Comment

i want a rader and a computer so i can calculate where the mortars came from and shoot my mortars back then :)

| | | |

Comment

I want a tactical nuke when i get 25 kills! Kbye

Comment

So the answer is... no.

sigpic

Comment

I could deal with this in perhaps Arma II rendition of PR. Their one could assume the ranges of mortars and artillery would be quite large. Perhaps even this would replace the "Area Attack" feature.

But there is something inherently unbalanced about indirect fire that is garunteed to be spot on. Same was the case of BVR and LGBs droped from 2000m altitude.

Comment

I want laser guided weaponized bees.

The ultimate area denial weapon!

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha_s9 View Post
                        I want laser guided weaponized bees.

The ultimate area denial weapon!
                        I'm thinking of that scene in Tommy Boy.... lol.... Now add a humvee and an insurgent dropping a behive through the 50 cal turret.... this is hilarious....
                        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I want a gamma ray burst unlock! Once you get 50 kills you can call it down and sterilize the whole planet and get six billion kills.

/trolling, sorry ;).

I don't think laser guided mortars are a good idea as Mortars are already effective enough immo. Also it would just be like a more effective and riskless jet attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                            i want a rader and a computer so i can calculate where the mortars came from and shoot my mortars back then :)
                            Those Radars are pretty cool. We used them a lot in Korea. No not in the War...during the 90s. (Sorry had to head off the age haters)

Unlike BigGaayAl, I don't want a gamma ray burst...I NEED one.
                            What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Originally posted by ThirdSin View Post
                              I'm thinking of that scene in Tommy Boy.... lol.... Now add a humvee and an insurgent dropping a behive through the 50 cal turret.... this is hilarious....
                              FO: "Target is lazed."
                              Insurgent running around with beehive on a stick: "Roger that, Bees away."

Or a fifty cal turret that FIRES bees... that would be awesome. "Yeeep... with an effective range of about 7 feet, this baby can fire off 265 bees per minute, that's damn near 5 bees a second!"

EDIT: Just found this... lol

http://www.beekeeping.com/articles/us/war_bees.htm
                              Last edited by Alpha_s9; 04-07-2011, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X