Insurgent Mortars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgent Mortars

Last night I started a 'Mortar Team' on the Insurgent side, and we put up two mortars. It seems that no matter what I did, I couldn't call for mortars or set distances. Is there some kind of bug with mortars now?

I tried using the cell phone as a cell leader, pressing T - no 'call mortars' or anything like that, only the usual ' build / remove'. pressing Q, all I got was the regular 'contact' thing in the middle. No 'set range' or anything of the sort.

There seems to be no laser for the Insurgents either, so it seems pretty much impossible for insurgents to call for any kind of mortar. Also, they only get the HE shells? Where's the smoke and all the rest?

The only thing I could do was line up the mortar with a mark on my map, 'freestyle' the angle (with the whole screen black, cant do anything) and fire it, hoping for the best. I think I got some team damage once...

Re: Insurgent Mortars

You use your binoculars just how you would as blufor.

take our binoculars
    set distance
    select mortars strike

once you do that it will activate the mortars and it wont be a black screen anymore.
    after they are active hit number 2 to bring up the calculator and input your data to get a firing calculation and cords.

Insurgents only get HE, which is fine for what they do. They arent supposed to be an organized fighting force.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

'nocs didnt work either.

Comment

Officer/cell leader binocs.
        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Sounds to me that you were not the 'Cell Leader', I do think its really silly that 'Cell Leaders' are the only INS class to call in mortar strikes. The Iraqi Insurgents could really use the Collaborator kit to good effect if they could call it in.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderx View Post
            'nocs didnt work either.
            Just make sure you are the officer, no other kit can do it.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
              Sounds to me that you were not the 'Cell Leader', I do think its really silly that 'Cell Leaders' are the only INS class to call in mortar strikes. The Iraqi Insurgents could really use the Collaborator kit to good effect if they could call it in.
              Yea the collaborator kit is almost like 'lets hope for our teammates to get hurt'. I dont see any use for the cellphone. And I'm an insurgent, I am most likely going to go on a suicide mission, so no need for medics there.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderx View Post
                Yea the collaborator kit is almost like 'lets hope for our teammates to get hurt'. I dont see any use for the cellphone. And I'm an insurgent, I am most likely going to go on a suicide mission, so no need for medics there.
                The cell phone is used for marking enemy locations. Suicide missions can be semi successful but be aware that your deaths will give them more intel, which is what reveals the cache locations.

Comment

Yeah, I wouldn't do suicide missions so much as 'hit/run'. The biggest issue, and entirely off topic, is that most maps don't allow for 'hit/run' tactics due to the small size or terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                    The cell phone is used for marking enemy locations. Suicide missions can be semi successful but be aware that your deaths will give them more intel, which is what reveals the cache locations.
                    One would think that, but they never seem to figure it out...

Comment

ah, i have successfully led a few mortar squads last night, and while the people manning the mortars were only learning their trade, it was rewarding. you really have to be quick in getting your mortars deployed, and you must be vigilant in protecting them. I'm happy when I am given feedback on whether or not my mortars were on target, and last night I believe more than half were. When you are able to call in mortar strikes, it can save the game. Snipers so far away you can't take them out, who pin you and your whole squad down will prevent you from doing anything. But being able to call in some mortars to take that guy out can be just what you need to turn the battle.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X