Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Advert] Ytman's first TGU class (mortars and you!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Advert] Ytman's first TGU class (mortars and you!)

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1611286

Just wanting to spread the word of how awesome the mortars are!

Wanna kick ass and take names?

Wanna hurt the enemy when they can't see you?

Wanna go 30-0? Or be the second best squad on Silent Eagle?

Just sign right up for my class and you'll get your chance!

The above class really focuses on hammering in the COMMS and coordination of the Mortar Squad. The Intermediate Class is where it starts getting real tricky with adjustments, and trans-squad coordination. Mortars really are a powerful tool in the game and are capable of really decisive fire that can greatly aid friendly attacks/manuvers. So please, try it out. At the very least you'll learn how to call in missions properly and how to adjust them.

Came away from Silent Eagle with about 24 confirmed kills with the mortar squad and this was just with one Forward Observer! Imagine how powerful the tool would be if every SL could FO!

Re: [Advert] Ytman's first TGU class (mortars and you!)

No focus on supporting the team through suppressive fire facilitating infantry mobility or smoke to obscure opfor visibility / cover friendly retreat? No suggestions on logistical support and prioritization of Supply/Ammo resources? <-- These are more important than awesome kill scores or super accurate rounds down range. Remember your audience, after all, you're posting on TG.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

:P Its a joke. Go to the forum post and you'll see what the course focuses on.

To be honest until I can get the basic mortar use standardized I can't be sure how effective mortars are to facilitate manuver of the team. Good mortar use relies on communication of a level different than anything observed yet and really also require an understanding of the operation of the tube better too.

Because of that nearly everything you've mentioned is covered in the 'Intermediate', 'Advanced', and the theoretical 'Expert' class. I don't want to cram a whole mess of stuff in a 3 hour class, that'd be no fun. This basic class focuses being pasically proficient with the tool (operation of the tube, basic logistics, and good Forward observing protocol). Especially when I'm unsure of how to even implement them right now.

Good smoke relies on several factors and some of that is just the distance of the smoke to the 'edge of visibility'. This means even if the smoke is in render range but its by the 'fog' you wont see it = ineffective unless in confined spaces.

Fires that facilitate manuver require accuracy, something that I'd be scared as all hell with right now when most people I play with don't know that W is down and S is up.

So lets get the basics done.

Again, this stuff is important, but its also sorta easy to understand. The Radio/intersquad SoP is the biggest thing I'm trying to teach with this class.

The above class really focuses on hammering in the COMMS and coordination of the Mortar Squad. The Intermediate Class is where it starts getting real tricky with adjustments, and trans-squad coordination. Mortars really are a powerful tool in the game and are capable of really decisive fire that can greatly aid friendly attacks/manuvers. So please, try it out. At the very least you'll learn how to call in missions properly and how to adjust them.

Comment

most people I play with don't know that W is down and S is up.
        West is down and South is up ?
        Is that some kind of neo-confederate code for the "the south will rise again"?
        You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
        So that when they turn their backs on you,
        You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Sign up Third. I promise you the course isn't about getting that 25 kill streak nuke :P

Comment

Bump Bump

Comment

Supplies are limited
              ACT NOW !

Comment

ytman's range chart is posted at TGU:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...ml#post1612008
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse