Idiotic seeding behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiotic seeding behaviour

Maybe it's just me but I think the server would seed faster if idiots didn't do things like blow up the Jabal bridge when it's 4 on US and 1 on MEC.
    Or rushing the docks when it's 5 v5.
    If you can't control yourself, maybe you should go burn that noob energy off in Hardcore before playing TG.
    And, as far as I know, the rule against vehicle kills applies no matter what the server population is.
    You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
    So that when they turn their backs on you,
    You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Re: Idiotic seeding behaviour

Rules apply 24-7, no exception.

Comment

I agree, but Callous, I mean no offence here, but when your drunk and the server is full the same thing applies eh?

Comment

Seeding isn't very fun. 5v5 blows. the objective is the to get people in the server, if you dont have fun, no one will seed.

Comment

Those maps should not be played with so few. It doesnt work, hence its stuck in a negative feedback loop.
          Stick to CQB maps and insurgency also scales with a small amount of players I think, hence the game is in action already and build from there. Its a shame the server cant switch to CO till 20 join then split into teams again

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

You follow the rules at all times, end of story, no debate.

Regarding the maps. We can't change the maplist every 5 seconds based on player count. That involves stopping the server, loading the new maplist then restarting. The maplist takes time to choose as the second its up someone complains its boring or they played it yesterday.

No easy answers I'm afraid. We don't have the resources to put a maplist up for every given time of day or situation and have admins available 24 hours a day ready to change it at the drop of a hat. Probably not the answer your looking for, nor one I am 100% happy about giving but that is the reality I'm afraid, we all have real jobs, real lives, we do our best.

Comment

You could make 4-5 different maplists and just keep rotating them for a while before you make new ones.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkidding View Post
                I agree, but Callous, I mean no offence here, but when your drunk and the server is full the same thing applies eh?

Darn right, Dear Pot (callious) meet Kettle.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                  You follow the rules at all times, end of story, no debate.

Regarding the maps. We can't change the maplist every 5 seconds based on player count. That involves stopping the server, loading the new maplist then restarting. The maplist takes time to choose as the second its up someone complains its boring or they played it yesterday.

No easy answers I'm afraid. We don't have the resources to put a maplist up for every given time of day or situation and have admins available 24 hours a day ready to change it at the drop of a hat. Probably not the answer your looking for, nor one I am 100% happy about giving but that is the reality I'm afraid, we all have real jobs, real lives, we do our best.
                  Yes, we all know it is hard to manage the server like that. but how about then getting more admins in other timezones. for example more in europe. when it's 7 or 8pm here its 1 or 2pm in the east coast. so maps could be run to seed and thus the server will seed faster. that's just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                    Darn right, Dear Pot (callious) meet Kettle.
                    OK
                    but i'm not talking about an excess of enthusiasm, which I am often guilty of, I freely admit.
                    But, I will say in my defense, the drunker I am, the more amiable I am to constructive correction.
                    I don't like skirmish as seed, but that is only because I am strange and enjoy digging sandcastles.
                    I will loft to seed on skirmish but if the map is a full size map, then be TG and make a small server pop ROE.
                    The seeders are all TG or regular enough to count as TG, so don't run hydra CAS when it's 3v2 with 1 lofter on the 2 side.
                    blowing up the north bridge on Jabal is a lame tactic even with the CSB.
                    If you want a CAS target, ask ......I will drive around and let you shoot me so you can practice or the riverside AAA guns are a great practice target.
                    But when it's under 15v 15 i really expect regulars and most especially those who wear the TG tags to think of the server before their KDR.
                    Thank you

Comment

blowing up the north bridge on Jabal is a lame tactic even with the CSB.
                      I think some would view it as a good way to end the map earlier then otherwise and advance it to something they enjoy more.
                      I take the point it is unbalanced but Im not a fan of battles where players cant really go forwards or backwards. A fair stalemate is a pointless game

I did hear a long time ago of a script on TG (POE server was it?) that would alter the nextmap according to number of players.
                      I never really saw it but did read of it a few times. I realise admin stuff is already likely headache inducing just mentioning that as an ideal maybe
                      Having the server loop to asad and fallujah when players are under 10 is not a magic bullet so not an ideal even
                      Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 04-15-2011, 02:39 AM.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                        I think some would view it as a good way to end the map earlier then otherwise and advance it to something they enjoy more.
                        I take the point it is unbalanced but Im not a fan of battles where players cant really go forwards or backwards. A fair stalemate is a pointless game

I did hear a long time ago of a script on TG (POE server was it?) that would alter the nextmap according to number of players.
                        I never really saw it but did read of it a few times. I realise admin stuff is already likely headache inducing just mentioning that as an ideal maybe
                        Having the server loop to asad and fallujah when players are under 10 is not a magic bullet so not an ideal even
                        I hate Asah with a passion but the brutal reality is the server will semi-fill on that map and it does provide the cross between strategery and up close head-butting battle.

Comment

SKIRMISH MAAAAAAPS!!!!

Fun, brings small groups of clan members in, lots of skilled players from EU love skirmish maps due to the amount of action, can't rush etc.

Just as long as its a small skirmish map (kokan is preferred mostly by the EU community and is a seeder for a lot of EU servers). Some skirmish maps are 1500m across and should be avoided. We had skirmish maps a few weeks ago and the server was filling early, why were they removed?!

Comment

I'll be home about 7 tonight to fix the maplist up with some skirmish, we'll see how that goes, as Luda says last time I did that it worked ok. I will DJ the maplist for a few hours and see how it plays out.

Comment

Nice, ill try to get my LP buddies on :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X