getting started - a little confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting started - a little confused

Hey everyone. I'm back from a long PR break. I am a bit confused. the getting started thread says I need to install PR .91 plus a mappack and has instructions for installing both. However, the PR site now has .95 available in full as a 3 part download. Is that all I need to get? Are the maps included in that? Thank you.
    Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
    Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Re: getting started - a little confused

The current way to install the latest version of PR (0.95) is to download and install both the 1.41 patch and 1.50 patch for BF2 in that order. After that you want to download the 0.95 game flies from the PR website and install them in order with the PW provided on the site. These files include everything needed for the game and with them you can even have an option to install mumble, a voice program used for interacting with people not in your squad an nearby. After all the dowloads and installs PR has changed quite a bit in the past few years so it might be good to reread the manual and ask around about any specifics not covered in it.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

The install order is important. Doing it right the first time will save you a lot of time and grief.

Mumble is very cool and worth installing and setting up. It's a PR version so you know it has to be cool!

The game has changed quite a bit since .91 so just suit up, get on the TG server and be prepared to learn and have a great time!

Comment

thank you both! I am now up and running
        Primary: IntelAgent (Planetside 2)
        Light Assault, Reconnaissance, Intel Collection

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse