Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Reason You Play Project Reality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Reason You Play Project Reality?

Pretty much just what the title says, I'm interested in whether people primarily play for the realism or the teamwork.
    I play PR primarily because of the realism aspect.
    3.39%
    Realism is a factor, but I play primarily because of the teamwork aspect.
    79.66%
    Realism is not a factor, and I play primarily because of the teamwork aspect.
    11.86%
    Realism is a factor, but I play primarily because of some other reason (please post the reason).
    1.69%
    Realism is not a factor, and I play primarily because of some other reason (please post the reason).
    3.39%
    sigpic

Re: What's the Reason You Play Project Reality?

Teamwork is the main reason. I wouldnt really call it realism, but they work with what they have. I hope ARMA 2 PR can bring teamwork and people to ARMA

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Teamwork. I use realism as a small reason, because if i had a choice between PR+teamwork and vanilla+teamwork, well, PR it would be!
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I think PR has always been successful more because of the teamwork it offers than because of its realism. I personally like realism in my games, however it does take a backseat to teamwork (Thirdsin put it quite nicely.

I also believe realism results in teamwork, because teamwork is required to beat "tougher" realistic scenarios. Anyway, PR:ArmA2 is going to rock both teamwork and realism. 'Nuff said.
        sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

TG is the part of the reason i play PR because it has unparallelled teamwork happening

Math:

TG = Great

PR = Great

Mumble = Great

Therefore: Great + Great + Great = Mind Blasting greatness and the reason I play no other games anymore.

Comment

Treamwork. I was a massive fan of BF2142 which I think had the most amount of teamwork of all the core BF series. The realism part helps me just get immersed more but its the teamplay thats the main draw... and the difficulty.

Comment

I am addicted to the damn game. That wasn't an option though.

I don't think that the game is very realistic, but it does offer something that other FPS games do not; depth. The game goes far beyond point and click warfare which is why teamwork is such a large part of what makes this game successful. It quite literally requires you to play cooperatively with other teammates, or you don't get to use vehicles/special kits/tactics/etc. It is not a lone wolf type game because of its depth. You certainly can play lone wolf style, but that won't likely last too long. I think it would get old real fast.

Comment

For me, it's the teamwork and coordination all the way, and I honestly couldn't care less about whether it's realistic or not. It's the reason I found out about and bought the game. However, I had seen some posts lately from some vocal TG members who care hugely about the realism aspect, and I got curious about what the "average" sentiment here is.

How I found Project Reality:
                I'm a late-comer to FPS's and pretty much started out with Bad Company 2 to play as a squad with some friends. But after a little while I began to get annoyed with the lack of communication that would happen (the kill-cam and ridiculous tactics that happened when friendly-fire was off also annoyed me) so I started searching for BC2 servers with teamspeaks and joined them. I came across the Tactical Gamer server, and it was a fantastic change, but even at the best times when most were on teamspeak, the squads would break up into individual channels and there wouldn't be any team-wide communication. So I came up with ideas about some possible future game where there were squad leaders and commanders and finally I was told that BF2 existed. This blew my mind. (I was also told about Arma, too, but bots won't do for me) I couldn't believe that a game so advanced as to have 64-player battles, jets, squad leaders and commanders had already been made and that modern shooters have fallen so short of it and essentially devolved. So I joined some BF2 games only to be disappointed by the few remaining servers, lack of microphones, and infuriating grenade spam. And lastly, I heard about the Project Reality mod and that apparently TG had a big presence with it (I was skeptical, though, cause there was never anyone is the teamspeak channel) and that's how I finally found myself here.
                sigpic

Comment

What brought me to PR was the aspect of realistic game play and vehicles. I only found out about the teamwork bit when I joined TG a few years ago, as I used to lone wolf all the time, and I did it well lol!

But what keeps me playing is the teamwork aspect, the use of mumble helps a lot to further push this teamwork aspect.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
                  Erwin Rommel

Comment

Teamwork all the way

Comment

Other: Because I like to hang out with my peeps

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I play for the cake and the punkbuster B heartbeats stopping kicks.

^Ive come to the conclusion the people of punkbusted do not have hearts.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I play for 2 reasons:

Teamwork (community)

Player vs. Player - one of the few games/places where you get to play a team of humans with the amounts we have (32x32).
                          sigpic

Comment

Teamwork, my people, and realism.

Comment

I couldn't care less if PR wasn't realistic, so long as it gives the same teamwork factor its all good. It could be Project Build a Lego City and I'd still play it if we had dedicated teams gathering and sorting the lego and certain elements building said lego.

Actually that would be bloody awesome..
                              Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X