Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Texture] New Canadian skins/kits [WIP]

Hi guys,

I working on some new skins/kits for the CF faction. I would like you opinion and ideas.

I am also looking for a modeler to make some shoulders pads (not available in PR or BF2v) as seen on the prime minister here:

Finally I have some questions:

1) Is there a way to see the kit on the player model with BFmeshView 2.0?

2) Why dose my mesh don't load properly when I change the skin paths?

Cheers,

Nix

Now the candy:

Re: [Texture] New Canadian skins/kits [WIP]

I'll share this with some of the texture devs tonight and see if I can get an answer to your problems.

skins look good
    Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 05-11-2011, 08:53 PM.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Thanks mate, comments on the skins? :D

Comment

Looks good.
        Stephen Harper makes me laugh.

Comment

IF you need detailed pictures I have one of the latest Canadian vests in CAD PAT Temperate Woodland (green). The Arid ones are exactly the same but with an Arid CAD PAT pattern.

Just so you know that vest is an older version of what the Canadians wear now. If you look you will notice the collar has a black snap so you can remove it. The new ones do not allow you to remove the collar. The reason being is the soldiers took them off to keep themselves cool. Well someone died because he did not wear his collar. Now everyone has to wear it.

So far what you have now is an American Soldier with a Canadian flag on his uniform. The Rucksack and Tactical Vest are all wrong and does not even look close to what they wear. I'll take those mistakes to have the Canadian faction on more PR maps. If want to change it and you need good pictures I can get them. Just let me know.

Thanks for the work.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate,

I am trying to figure out what's under all that equipment, but all the reference pictures I have are taken in real-life so I can't really know what's under there, so I need to improvised. I've used this website (http://www.cpgear.com/) for most of the equipment and clothing. For the packs, they look exactly like the US ones (with one or two straps difference and a Velcro patch here and there) but I made sure my skins reflected that.

I am in desperate need of a good CADPAT textile sample (the woodland and the arid version). All the ones I found with Google Image are off tone (to yellow). A lager sample would be nice so I don't need to copy paste it many times to avoid artifacts. Finally, I need that combat vest, I did not find any pictures of it on the net, so I don't know what it looks like.

Please post the pictures here or PM me,

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

I'll see about getting you those pics over the weekend. The items found at cpgear are not officially used by the Canadian Forces. Some guys will buy it to supplement there kit but it is not the norm. They actually need permission from their chain of command to wear items not issued to them while in theater.

Here is the pdf file on the Ruck with tons of detail http://www.forces.gc.ca/aete/documen...ction%20en.pdf

Here is a pic of the Tactical vest. http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/land-te...sp?product=116

Here is the site for Combat camera, they have tons of high res photos. Do a search under kandahar, afghanistan or Panjwa'i. They should come up with some good photos like this http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca...e=combatcamera

and this http://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca...e=combatcamera

and here is a pic of a medic. Notice the large bag on his back and leg, all medics carry those bagshttp://www.combatcamera.forces.gc.ca...e=combatcamera

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I needed to re-learn Photoshop to pull off theses beauties:

Theses are more accurate (I.E. ballistic west, colors, patterns, etc.) and they look much better in my opinion. Next up will be the “light” class and after that the woodland versions. Comments and suggestions always welcome. Thanks to Mike for his help on finding the right CADPAT patterns.

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

five days... I see no lack of updates ^^

Comment

Nice Job Nix, they're lookin' good and i hope to see them implemented into game

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                    Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Thanks guys,

I have big plans for the CF faction... new map, working on the Griffon also, some help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

Hi everyone,

I decided to press on with the CADPAT TW modification and came up with this:

I still need to do the 1st person views (arms) and the light infantry versions, but this part of the project is almost over! Next coding and kit edits.

I wanted to have the opinion of the community:

Shall I put camo on the face or not? Personally I don't like it, but I will respect the community's will.

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

I'd say give it a goo see what it looks like, could work out you never know

btw awesome work so far, really hope this makes it into PR
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Greetings all,

Well after a few weeks of hard work I am proud to present v.0.1 of my Canadian Forces. I’ve looked at hundreds of reference pictures to come up with theses new textures. Attention to detail was quite high, therefore I’ve added some zoom shoots so you can have a better look. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy them in a future version of PR. I am still torn apart by two things: first camo face or not and second making the uniforms dirty or not. I would really like to have a poll to see what you guys think and will make the proper modifications.

Here are some key features:
                            - New CADPAT AR and TW textures ()
                            - New flags, IR patches and ISAF patches
                            - New faces
                            - New gloves
                            - New combat boots
                            - New ballistic vest
                            - New details (zippers, pockets, seams, buttons, etc.)

Part two of this project is the kits, which is on standby at the moment until I get the help from a modeler to edit the geometries.

Finally, if someone from the R-DEV team could contact me so they could evaluate my work.

Well that’s all for me,

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

Greetings,

I did some huge progress over the last week.

Firstly; I finished all the CAPAT AR and TW player models and also did a re-skin of the USMC kits to CATPAD AR.

Secondly; I edited all the .con files and .tweek files, so basically all the importing is done; now we just need the change the kit geometries.

For that bit I will need to wait for [R-DEV]Hauteclocque, since he?s one of the few that I know that can do that (USMC scout sniper, will try to help me also). Therefore, I?ve stared two new projects.

The first is an edit of the Venom to look like a Griffon. I?ve changed the main Huey rotor to the Lynx rotor which is a 4 blade assembly like the Canadian Griffon. Unfortunately, the ?hack? is not perfect since the rotor doesn?t line-up perfectly. Anyways, I seems that there is a new model in the works, if the PR team needs help for its skins and imports I can help out. I am still having fun with my version in SP.

The second is my first map called ?Operation Homefront?. The PLA is invading Canada on the west coast (in BC) to get to the tar sands in Alberta. But first they need to get a hold of a port and an airfield. The PLA container invasion fleet is just off the coast and the Canadian Forces need to push back the attack. Since this my first map I am editing one of my favorite vanilla maps: Operation Harvest. I am including some new elements to make it my ?dream map?, still in very early stages, will post a proper thread when I get more work done.

Now the screenshots:

Well that?s all for me now,

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed