X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR/BF2 Widescreen fixer

Hello dear TG'ers

I've looking for the bf2 widescreen fixer V 1.32 but the link to the download site (http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer) is dead. Maybe somebody can direct me to a link where I could download it? Or post it on fileshare, etc.

Thanks a lot,
    CYV

Re: PR/BF2 Widescreen fixer

I run my PR in 1680x1050 I think.... I'm pretty sure they made it WS compatible in the 1.5 patch of BF2.

Comment

Have you tried this:

http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Battlefield_2

Though I'm not sure if it is what you are looking for. Though according to that article, it states that widescreen support was added in the latest patch. (BF2 1.5) Which is what the server is running ... soo.

Though if it isn't, then my bad.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
      Erwin Rommel

Comment

Personally didn't know it was broken..... Don't you just add the +widescreen to your target line for the game shortcut? Mine works fine, running a 23" widescreen.
        "X:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +widescreen +restart
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Thanks a lot, yes looks like it was fixed with 1.5 already. I did not add any commands to the target line, although I run it in 1900 x 1200

Comment

"Fixed" is the wrong word. Dice/EA intentionally left widescreen out of BF2 because it gave widescreen gamers an "unfair advantage." But I guess having players use XFi surround sound wasn't? Or a player with a better graphics card would run the game smoother? Anyway, they added it with the last patch four years post-release after they realized 95% of all new games in 2009 supported widescreen and almost all new monitors were 16:9/16:10.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

Just an FYI; evenbalance, the guys running punkbuster, confirmed that widescreenfixer is allowed by pb. They do not consider it a hack or cheat. That is all.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed