Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any PR TGer's interested in going to Fleet Week NYC This Friday May 27?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any PR TGer's interested in going to Fleet Week NYC This Friday May 27?

Fleet week NYC - www.fleetweeknewyork.com

It is back!! I went last year and went on the USS Iwo Jima (she is back this year along with the USS New York) and it was awesome. Got to go in a LAV, Abrams, the Osprey, CH-53, seahawk, sat in the pilot seat of a cobra, got to use the EOD bot and handled an M-16 with an acog scope - first time ever holding a rifle.

Let me know if you are interested, I am planning on going Friday late morning/early afternoon and would love to meet up with some fellow TGers. Last year I visited the battlefields of Gettysburg with Warlab so he can vouch for me that he didn't wake up with a headache not knowing where he was with his pants around his ankles.

The weather is iffy yes but seeing these machines up close and personal really makes you respect the men and women who are flying and being transported/using them.

Btw the hydra floaty craft thing was also there within the Iwo Jima - forgot the name.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Any PR TGer's interested in going to Fleet Week NYC This Friday May 27?

Stupid graduation parties.....
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Had I known this even existed I'd have definately made this. Really sweet sounding, closest I'd get to anything really military based.

Comment

Sounds interesting. Dont feel like crossing the atlantic for it though.

Comment

Had I known about this earlier I would have bought some train tickets or planned stuff out. Alas I have to work this weekend.
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Next Year, yes. Also they're transfering the Enterprise space shuttle to the Intrepid museum after the Discovery is refited for the Smithsonian. Pretty Cool.

"Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"

Comment

oh man, i read this thread too late lol would have totally gone, next year :D we should pick a time and place and have all the TGers meet next year lol that would be pretty cool, take some pics and post it up on these forums
              sigpic lTG-Irrl Ashikabi

Dont get STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) from your STD (Short Term Decision) LOL
              ~My Sister~

Comment

Wish i wouldve seen this earlier. Im only 10minutes outside of Manhattan.
                -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Ended up meeting up with Matt aka Harlequin.

I was kind of dissapointed with the setup of fleet week this year as opposed to last year. Last year they were shuffling visitors onto the USS Iwo Jima like it was nobody's business, this year, not so much at all. Then for some reason they had a beatles cover band next to the intrepid, which further made the lines longer (why a beatles cover band who wasn't that good, I have no idea at all......).

Long story short, USS Iwo Jima line was 3hrs long. We didn't stand on it, but we went on the Intrepid and the USS Growler.

The USS New York, and some Frigates were stationed in Staten Island - this was probably happened for security reasons, but between all of you and me, was a poor choice, very poor choice, because anyone from the NY Metro area knows that if you don't have to go to Staten Island you don't and if you have to, you find a way not to.

All in all it was fun meeting up with a fellow TG'er, I always get a kick out of it.

I did get a chance to see a few Osprey's flying two over the East River on Friday, and 1 which was flying around the Long Island sound on Sunday - along with some SeaHawks, was very cool, especially with how low it was flying; once with rotor's at 3/4 way up, and once with rotor's facing forward.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...