Off topic or not???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off topic or not???

not sure if this is on-topic or not but what is a good cpu to get thinking of up grading im using an intel 3ghz (not sure what the model number is) its a few years old if this helps the motherboard is an intel D945GTP I know i need a better motherboard and ram and maybe a new video card, the card now is ATI Radeon HD 4800
    |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Re: Off topic or not???

slightly offtopic yes, i'd have it in the technical support forum. But don't mind that, ffs look at the WW2 movie thread.

how much cpu do you have now? i have 2,something which is...manageable..Ok, it wouldn't hurt with a new cpu:P

Comment

I don't think you'd gain much by upgrading your CPU alone. That board doesn't support any new processors and since you know it's running at 3 GHz, I am going to assume that you have either Celeron D 346, Pentium 4 530/630, or Pentium D 930. You can check it by using cpu-z utility. There's a difference going from celeron to pentium D, but I don't think you'll be able to find any of those CPUs in regular stores.

If you're ready to spend money for a new system, then I would suggest to wait for a month and see if the soon-to-be-released AMD Bulldozer processor makes a difference in the world of PC hardware (perhaps it would create some decent competition to intel dudes and reduce some prices).

sigpic
      |TG-69th|desant

Comment

My 4800 works fine for PR.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks guys and sorry for wrong area for posting this :(
          |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

its a Pentium D 925 cpu
            |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Comment

Yeah, you're at top capability of your motherboard with Pentium D. So if you feel the need for improvement, you'd need to consider an entire system upgrade (motherboard, cpu, maybe ram if it's ddr3). However, you can reuse your video card as I am sure it is more than capable to run PR at high settings.

sigpic
              |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...