Proper FO Placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Proper FO Placement

Guys, I don't understand why this is a hard concept, think long term when placing FOs. Came off of a Eanda Shan round that simply fell apart for the PLA due to a great many number of factors. The FO placement, weren't even the main cause, moreso it was the terrible use of armor (every time armor decided to go into the forrests) , but thats a certain amount of stupidity I just don't think you can combat.

"We got hit by a H-aT what do you think we could do?"

"No go into the forrest? Use your thermals at a range? You know like I told you to."

"......"

That was the IFV in my squad, not even the other six tanks or so we lost because they like forrest hunting.

Back on topic.

4km maps are HUGE. They really are. Some like Wanda Shan and Yamalia feel larger due to the terrain while Kshan feels smaller due to its easily traversed terrain.
    When placing FOs think about a great many factors:

Primarily: what is the purpose of the FO (is it a reserve point -1 crate no deployables-, or a combat position -2creates-)

From there if it is a reserve point its job is to provide a steady supply of troops into the battle, prefferably to get on a CPs area. This means YOU DON'T BUILD IT FAR AWAY. How far is far? Well Despite some peoples notions mobility and speed wins wars in PR. Camping, is normally the weakest form of squad leading. 150m's can be easily traversed in just under a minute given full stamina . So imagine the point add its radius and then add 150 to 200 meters from that and you have a prime area to place the reserve/support FO(s).

If you build it somewhere also try to imagine which route troops will use to get back into the battles... If a 300m valley seperates the FO from the CP you are doing it wrong.

This is specifically taken from this last Wanda Shan round, Rivers, that FO was a useless distance away and did not provide us the support we needed; by the time you moved off of the FO the CP was already lost and the the one after that as well... then you crossed a valley and got hit by a HEAT shell... Do not build FOs 800m away from a CP in a geographically poor location.

I'll maybe make a sheet flow chart about this later but seriously SLs use your heads FOs are the bread and butter of any team, you need them, the team needs them, use the well and wisely.

Re: Proper FO Placement

Squad leaders that build FOs directly in the center of a cap zone is what really p_isses me off.

-How many Meters should a FO be deployed from the center of a cap zone so it doesn't lose its spawning ability ? I know that concealment and terrain is more important.
    - How many meters can the enemy get to a FO before it loses its spawning ability ?
    RIP Spc Daniel Gomez July 18 2007
    Adhamiyah, Iraq
    1-26IN 2BCT 1ID

Comment

Originally posted by Jester617 View Post
      Squad leaders that build FOs directly in the center of a cap zone is what really p_isses me off.

-How many Meters should a FO be deployed from the center of a cap zone so it doesn't lose its spawning ability ? I know that concealment and terrain is more important.
      - How many meters can the enemy get to a FO before it loses its spawning ability ?
      Yeah, Ramiel after that Wanda Shan hd a squad build a FO directly on the known cache! So by the time the enemy were upon the cache the closest source of our reinforcement was down! To answer your second question first FOs go down when two enemies are within 50m for about five to ten seconds.

Really when defending a CP FOs act as an 'alert' system. They clearly define when enemies pass by and also act as a diversion for the squad taking them out (allowing for an alert squad to kill em). Basically you want at least two FOs to a Defensive CP, I'd offer three and four isn't unheard of, but two is good as well. Try not to go above four unless your team doesn't want dedicated attacks.

FOs don't even need to be on the cap zone, just really near it. you can place more FOs on the outside than on the inside and one on the inside as the 'last' one. I can make a graphi... I think I will...

Comment

you can build a fb ontop of a flag / cache, you just need 2 other fbs north / east / south / west of it.
        sometimes a tow, aa, hmg, razorwire, foxhole is not bad ontop of a flag to defend it.

you just need someone to build fbs.

| | | |

Comment

Sometimes I like the fobs on the cache or flag, it's like security system, when the spawn disappears someone is near by. That's only good when you have back up fobs though.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Sometimes the FOB is secondary as a spawn point, it's mainly there to allow you to dig in with assets since it will be overrun and useless as a spawn during any attack.
            You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
            So that when they turn their backs on you,
            You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
              Sometimes I like the fobs on the cache or flag, it's like security system, when the spawn disappears someone is near by. That's only good when you have back up fobs though.
              If you have a spawn directly on the CP and it is overran, you have a larger area that the enemy have broken through then one on the perimeter. In the case of a cache you also have less time to respond before it can be killed. NEAR and ON are here two very different things. Put it this way if you build one FO ON the Cache you can't build any more FOs around that cache for another 200m in any direction. However, if you build an FO 100m from a cache you can place at least two more each about 100m away from the cache.

To me there is something more preferable to two FOs in cap radius than one in the middle and a number on the perimeter. Normally the enemy wont destroy or even find all of the FOs within the first ten or so minutes of the attack. You can't respond too quickly if your FOs aren't on the cap. If the enemy is succesfful at taking you out, you spawning back in on a FO outside of Cap radius will potentially allow them to nuetralize the flag which is disasterous to your potentially good attack that was just a little too slow.
              Attached Files

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X