Multiple screens/eyefinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple screens/eyefinity

So, I've used multiple screens for a long time now but only ever in extended desktop, never as one monster screen. I figured I should try it out and thought of doing it with Project Reality(there's video of it working for BF2).

I can't get it to work unfortunately, has anyone else got eyefinity working in conjunction with Project Reality? As soon as my game tries to start(after splash screen) I get a bit of screen flicker and nothing happens.

I want some of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuM_NvWiNYs

Re: Multiple screens/eyefinity

Why would you want to? Personally, I think the borders of the monitors are distracting.

Comment

Had a blast on Arma2 and Dirt 2 with a tri-screen set up on a friend's machine and found that the bevels actually aren't a bother at all, the view really doesn't change much at all in terms of realignment, all it seems to do is give you extra stuff to see which is both useful and awesome to look at.

Your peripheral vision actually registers movement much better than your focused vision. I tended to look at just the centre screen (which is largely unchanged compared to playing normally) and use the other screens as peripheral vision. This increase the immersion massively.

Comment

In that case, I will reserve judgment until I try it for myself.

Comment

You should man, it's pretty awesome.

Still can't get it working, nobody here used it with PR then? I'll head over to the main forums and ask the devs about it.

Comment

I prefer not to have enourmouse black lines in the middle of my view.

Comment

They're not in the middle of your view, they sit in your peripheral vision and your brain merges them out within a few minutes of adjustment. On racers it's pretty damn awes to be able to look out the side windows, flying jets in BF2 I can see around me quite realistically too.

Nothing beats running at 5760x1080 resolution

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuM_NvWiNYs

This is what I mean by it doesn't actually change the way you play in the first place, your middle screen stays as it always was but you gain the addition of peripheral vision. It doesn't just make what you already see bigger, it gives you more to see.

Comment

It's cropping your vision. I do not know of any setup for BF2 that allows for more horizontal view. The wider your screen(or screens in this case) the more of your upper and lower view you lose. Check out some other BF2 videos to compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-niqdIa37s

Notice that more of the helo hud is visible.

On games that do support changes in field of view it can be pretty cool though.

I'm not sure if there is a limit to the amount of vertical field of view you can have so you might try setting them in a stacked orientation if you'd like.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

If you notice your peripheral vision is different to where your eyes focus. Detail is only important to the front few 90 degrees while the remaining 30 odd degrees on each side are designed to detect action and movement. Really this kind of set up is ideal for me and I can't imagine how detailed aiming can be. Imagine those five pixels that make up a persons body at 200 meters are a slightly larger 10 or what ever.

Comment

That's interesting namebot, I hadn't noticed that at all... It must be to do with the way games choose how much to render based on screen size.

This can be solved quite easily though. You could just use 3 screens with a 4:3 aspect ratio and run them side by side vertically opposed to horizontally. That will be much closer to a 16:9 aspect ratio which they likely optimised the game view for.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X