This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imbalance of teams during seeding

Yes, I know that teamstacking threads are frowned upon, but I've found this to be an extremely consistent problem that I see pretty much every single day when I join during seeding and afterwards.

The problem in a nutshell is that one team consistently is multitudes stronger than the other, during the seeding round. This is most noticable if you take a look on mumble, where one team will have 10-15 people and the other will have 3. The teams will then usually even out after a few rounds, unless the server crashes, in which case people seem to be content on spreading out across the teams, usually making them pretty even.
    I dont know if this is happening because people just all teamswitch to the same team without thinking about team balance or if its some odd dynamic that simply happens during seeding, but it is annoying as sin no matter what.

I'm wondering if anyone have any suggestions as to how we can avoid this problem popping up every single day, ruining the first few rounds on a regular basis.

Re: Imbalance of teams during seeding

This is something I've noticed for quite some time. I've made a few subtle and then a bunch not so subtle hints at this.

The fact is that we are in the slow time between releases and our many regulars aren't on so we have a larger influx of newer players. Many of these newer players are more interested in their fun than the good of the community, something that is expected of them. We need to strive to be more inclusive and spread about not be content with our fun little groups of regulars we all pwn with.

I've been here long enough to say that this is a normal phase, we've experienced one before after .91 had been out a while, and that the solution back then should be the solution now; an aggressive campaign of leadership amongst the regulars we have now. It doesn't matter if you are new or old, if you have leadership abilities and want to help this community set an example.

I myself have forgotten a good many things from a year ago; things like losing with fun and being more tactful and suggestive instead of out right critical of ingame experiences. I've noticed this and am trying to change this...

I know that TG ARMA has the path finders I would love to see TG PR have them as well... People who will make a stand to give both teams a good fair chance at teamwork and cooperation that makes TG fun and the community we choose to spend our spare time with.

Comment

Meh, I dont think we need a special title for people that even out the teams, to me it's one of those things where people want to be recognized/pat on the back for something they should be doing anyway. Usually if one team gets rolled over pretty easy I dont see a problem switching over. You dont need a special title or attention to do it, if anything the TG next to your name should say enough.

Seeding sucks, a lot of the time half the team is afk or just kind of messing around to entertain themselves waiting for more people to join. It's just one of those things you have to deal with when you are hurting for people to play early in the day. Seeding has been an uphill battle lately, twice we have seeded the server only to have it crash on the map change, and lose all the people that joined.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Yeah, despite some good seeding attempts the server doesn't hit full load till about prime time anyways....

I've always thought ARMA pathfinder was more of a Leadership/morale role than anything else. Not nessicarily people who balance teams, but make games fun for those who join their squad. That spread the TG way and aide the newcomers.

Not a pat on the back, but people who devote themselves to a specific playstyle and standard. Even then whats wrong with recognition? We have ribbons...

Comment

I just dont see the need for a special organization to do what TG people should already be doing for the most part. Seems like an excuse for people to get together and pat each other on the back for something that should already be happening.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

While it's a old problem.. you will find, for the most part, that TG members will switch at the end of a round to even things up. Nothing worse than a non competitive white wash in PR. Waste of Time ... Maybe this is one issue where the tight Squads of PR cause an issue... because you get playing with a group of guys that just "click" and you don't want to give that up..
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
              While it's a old problem.. you will find, for the most part, that TG members will switch at the end of a round to even things up. Nothing worse than a non competitive white wash in PR. Waste of Time ... Maybe this is one issue where the tight Squads of PR cause an issue... because you get playing with a group of guys that just "click" and you don't want to give that up..
              Actually that usually wont happen. It will even out over time, but people dont switch often switch of the own volition unless its really, really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                I just dont see the need for a special organization to do what TG people should already be doing for the most part. Seems like an excuse for people to get together and pat each other on the back for something that should already be happening.
                Whats wrong with back patting? Though I don't agree that such an org would be for that at all... I mean TGU isn't elitist.

I do want to say that last night was a good healthy, if late, set of games. No imbalance seen.

Comment

As long as people are willing to seed i don't have a problem with imbalance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gore View Post
                    Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gore View Post
                      Tbh, I'd rather wait a few more hours and get some really good rounds in, than having more crap rounds.

Comment

Well that attitude won't improve the situation on the server will it.

This thread is going nowhere. Try not to teamswitch too much, we used to crack down on it where it was blatant but it's so widespread now. If you see an imbalance that is negatively affecting the quality of the games, help out. Try playing with new people sometimes etc.

Thread locked.

Comment

Closed.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed