What ever happened to .96?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to .96?

I thought .96 was supposed to be a more minor update like from .86 to .87. I know they were planning on doing a lot of optimizations, and maybe the French and Norwegian factions? I'm not looking for a release date, cause I'm not a troll, but maybe throw a .96 update bone our way? We used to get updates like this all the time, it was like a weekly or bi weekly religious ritual for some (me,..........me) what happened? Not enough resources with PR ARMA 2 underway? Any info would be appreciated gents.
    [sigpic]

sigpic

"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more."
    -Mark Twain

In game: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger

Re: What ever happened to .96?

French are confirmed not to be in the next patch. And it isn't a fix, it has content including new maps and a number of new assets.

It'll be done when its done, they literally don't give any information up until one month before release.
    Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

It was done being a small patch months ago...
      CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

hope its soon.

Comment

It would be nice if patches were released quicker with less content, like this one was originally planned to be I think. Just a quick bug fix after the massive 0.95 release would have been awesome.
          |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Upside is it is going to be a big patch when it comes. Also, the longer it takes the more likely 128 player support will become a reality.
            sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr89 View Post
              Not enough resources with PR ARMA 2 underway?
              Just to clear this up, the PR:BF2 and the PR:A2 development teams are almost entirely separate, although clearly there are crossovers, the development of PR:A2 is not having a significant impact of PR:BF2.

Comment

My knowledge is that all new PR models made by the actual dev team are being made to ArmA2 standard and then downgraded to BF2 standard. That's to say models made by the ArmA 2 team should end up in BF2 eventually and vice-versa.
                sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
                  Just to clear this up, the PR:BF2 and the PR:A2 development teams are almost entirely separate, although clearly there are crossovers, the development of PR:A2 is not having a significant impact of PR:BF2.
                  Whew :)

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
                    Phew, I thought they were the same.......We don't need Jeepo taking all the resources - JK

So what's this thing with BF2;PR:Vietnam?

I really wish I knew how to do textures or map making....PM me if you know a good way to start doing that, or design stuff, I am interested but don't know where to start.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

So what's this thing with BF2;PR:Vietnam?
                      Its still in development, however its become more of a rolling joke. No information was released for a year aside from some low-graphics screenshots of the kit geometries of the Australians and US, which were mere ports from EoD2. And all we've seen so far is simply assets or models, no new game-play additions or revolutionary maps - which is a shame because it really adds nothing new to the game other than the fact that its in Vietnam.

You can check out mapping/modding information here.
                      Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Yea its taking alot longer than intended, but such is life in software development.

Think you guys will be happy for summer anyways :) hopefully i can jump on the server again!!

Comment

;)
                          sigpic

Comment

These smileys are so small, is that supposed to be a Dev wink? If so, i'm now oficcialy excited :)
                            Last edited by Buflak; 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's a dev wink. Fuzz and DB are devious like that. Although, I think they ought to use this one: :icon26:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X