Lack of PW nights!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of PW nights!

I really enjoy password nights. While you will almost always get good rounds on the TG server, it usually gets even better during PW nights. People seem to take it a bit more seriously, and try to do their best more than usually when theres a password on the server, and with pick-em rounds you can get tournament quality games on a 100% public server (I used to frown on pick-em, but have since changed my mind). The only problem with them is that they do not seem to happen very often anymore :(.

This is why I implore the admins to consider increasing the frequency of PW nights, maybe even bringing back the weekly PW night. I realize that it does create more work for the admins, but I really think the PW nights can only be a good thing for the server, hopfully even increasing the quality of play on regular nights. There also doesn't really seem to be any problems seeding the server even with the pw on, so that shouldn't really be a problem.
    I also really think the themed PW nights is a good idea, although the theme for the last pw night (invasions) weren't really to my personal taste. It makes the PW night stand out compared to a regular night, and makes the experience feel more compact. Some suggestions for future themes include: A repeat of our very short Desert themed PW night the other day, Unconventional map night (Holiday pack, Vehicle warfare maps, C&C) and insurgency night.

One thing it would be nice to improve would be to make it more obvious to people unfamiliar with TG, possibly via a reference to the pw on the forum in the server name or description. IT seems like BF3 hype is pulling in a lot of new players to PR, and it would be great if they were able to experience the TG pw-night goodness. The obviuos concern here would be that more non-teamwork oriented people would flood the pw nights, which is the exact thing they exist to avoid.

Anyway, what does everyone think of PW-nights? Is it something we should do more often?

Re: Lack of PW nights!

DEFINATLEY something I'd like to see more often, however the admins do tend to have these magical things called "lives" (hard to beleive I know :P) but a PW night takes a considerable amount of time out of their time where they have to be a little more sideline admin and a little less on the frontline player but if they could manage it I would love to see them more frequently

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkidding View Post
      DEFINATLEY
      Ditto......no Kidding :)

Comment

I like password nights, but I recall when we were doing them weekly, that attendance started to fall off inversely to the number and frequency of PW nights that we held. I.e., the more PW nights we had more often, the less people attended.

Monthly or bi-monthly would be cool, especially if they were held at regular times, like maybe the 1st Saturday and 3rd Thursday of every month, barring any special occasions or holidays.

Comment

SCHEDULED. Password nights ALWAYS fill up.

because people know about them in advance and then they make sure they be there.

The more in advance it is, the more regulars show up, and the better the gaming is.

Spontaneous PW nights dont work out well usually and seem to die after the first game ( that is if the server fills at all).

Comment

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
            SCHEDULED. Password nights ALWAYS fill up.

because people know about them in advance and then they make sure they be there.

The more in advance it is, the more regulars show up, and the better the gaming is.

Spontaneous PW nights dont work out well usually and seem to die after the first game ( that is if the server fills at all).
            Yes, I'm mainly talking about scheduled pw nights as well. However, I wouldn't say spontanious ones are bad. The one we had last week filled up as fast as usual after a servercrash, and we get some really fun gameplay in before the server crashed again.
            Still annoyed that I never got to see how our epic tank assault ended!

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
              Yes, I'm mainly talking about scheduled pw nights as well. However, I wouldn't say spontanious ones are bad. The one we had last week filled up as fast as usual after a servercrash, and we get some really fun gameplay in before the server crashed again.
              Still annoyed that I never got to see how our epic tank assault ended!
              It was so awesome it crashed the server ;)

Comment

I think 'Lack of pw nights' is perhaps a little strong a couple of days after a pw night lol.

I appreciate we all enjoy pw nights but they can be a lot of work. Plus the admin team is stretched a bit at the moment, I am pretty much working full time on the server issues so the admins are having to handle the ingame stuff.

However another fix has been applied to the server as of midnight last night, we will continue to monitor the performance to see what happens. The fix should resolve the disconnect issue. I can tell you that you have no idea how much time and effort is going into this.

Once we have got all the issues resolved normal service will resume. However I will echo a point made earlier. Weekly PW nights saw a drop in attendance and I was somewhat surprised to hear rumbles of "I'll only play if it's a PW night, otherwise I'll carry on playing on X server".

You can play every round like a pw night, that's up to you. The admin team does not have the resources nor does it want to have to run a pw event every 5 minutes to fill the server. In fact it doesn't need to, check gametracker. Since the move, despite the issues, the server population is climbing continuously. Thanks to the dedicated TG'rs seeding it fills quicker and earlier. All these factors are contributing to a greatly improved picture.

PW nights are a treat, a special event, have too many treats and you end up a fat, spoilt kid lol.

As I say server condition is improving, with stability achieved we can the focus on the fun stuff for you guys. In the meantime just get on the server and play, know someone sitting at home waiting for a gilt edged pw night invitation to play PR, get them on the server. Quality of play not high enough, do something about it, mix with new players, show them, directly or by example. That is your responsibility, want a better game, make it happen.

Spontaneous pw nights are sometimes done because that's when we know we have sufficient cover admin wise. There also a spur of the moment thing done for fun, for you. They may not suit everyone but does anything.

We will look at frequency and content and see what we can do, in the meantime get on the server and earn your treats lads!

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                  I think 'Lack of pw nights' is perhaps a little strong a couple of days after a pw night lol.
                  This.

I mean we've had password nights nearly biweekly; which while isn't all the time... certainly isn't a lack of.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post

I appreciate we all enjoy pw nights but they can be a lot of work. Plus the admin team is stretched a bit at the moment, I am pretty much working full time on the server issues so the admins are having to handle the ingame stuff.

However another fix has been applied to the server as of midnight last night, we will continue to monitor the performance to see what happens. The fix should resolve the disconnect issue. I can tell you that you have no idea how much time and effort is going into this.

Once we have got all the issues resolved normal service will resume. However I will echo a point made earlier. Weekly PW nights saw a drop in attendance and I was somewhat surprised to hear rumbles of "I'll only play if it's a PW night, otherwise I'll carry on playing on X server".

You can play every round like a pw night, that's up to you. The admin team does not have the resources nor does it want to have to run a pw event every 5 minutes to fill the server. In fact it doesn't need to, check gametracker. Since the move, despite the issues, the server population is climbing continuously. Thanks to the dedicated TG'rs seeding it fills quicker and earlier. All these factors are contributing to a greatly improved picture.

PW nights are a treat, a special event, have too many treats and you end up a fat, spoilt kid lol.

As I say server condition is improving, with stability achieved we can the focus on the fun stuff for you guys. In the meantime just get on the server and play, know someone sitting at home waiting for a gilt edged pw night invitation to play PR, get them on the server. Quality of play not high enough, do something about it, mix with new players, show them, directly or by example. That is your responsibility, want a better game, make it happen.

Spontaneous pw nights are sometimes done because that's when we know we have sufficient cover admin wise. There also a spur of the moment thing done for fun, for you. They may not suit everyone but does anything.

We will look at frequency and content and see what we can do, in the meantime get on the server and earn your treats lads!
                    The desert map pw night doesnt count! We didnt even manage to finish a single regular round :(

Well personally, I play exclusively on the TG server, and since I'm done with uni for the summer I get on there nearly every day (as witnessed by me having 4th best overall score as shown on gametracker! :p), so I'm in no way threatening to stop playing on the TG server or something silly like that.
                    I also appreciate that you guys are working hard on fixing the server, and I'm in no way suggesting that you should stop doing that and run some more PW nights. I'm mainly just expressing my desire for more PW nights once the server is back up and running properly.

Comment

Feriluce I wasn't suggesting you were threatening to stop playing here lol, no merely mentioning an attitude I had heard expressed in the past. Password nights are great but they aren't the solution to a lack of 'quality' on the server, the players are. The playerbase should not have to be spoonfed 'good games' by the admins, they should be creating them themselves. Then the password nights are merely the icing on a delicious cake!

As you say when we have the server running at its optimum level we can focus more on the fun stuff, believe me I have no desire to spend more time than I have to doing what I am currently doing lol.

Comment

Good to hear there are those working hard to fix the server!

Thank you Wicks!

Comment

Admins are on a lot of the time. A lot of players have access anytime to the server through SM. You dont really need password night. All you need is to set a timeframe for a gamesession and make it public, so that the number of regulars on the server at the same time is maximized.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X