No announcement yet.

PR ruined FPS games for me... for ever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR ruined FPS games for me... for ever.

I was watching some videos about BF3 and they all look really cool, awesome graphics and new mechanics that will surely make this game a CoD killer. But right when I was thinking that, I thought... "CoD killer, and the only thing I liked from CoD:MW was the campaign". That's when I realized that this BF3 will be just the same for me, if it has a campaign mode, that's the only thing I'm going to play, and then I'll put it away.

Why? Well, from what I've seen in videos and gaming websites, BF3 has taken a some of the key features that make PR cool. Bipods and different ways to deploy certain weapons, supressive fire effect, possibility to disable instead of just destroying it, etc. Why am I saying that I won't play the MP then? Because it's gonna be like a mainstream version of PR, with good graphics. It's just gonna be vanilla BF2 all over again, I seriously doubt that, at this time, competing against yet another CoD release, BF3 is gonna be much of a teamwork-oriented game.

And that brings me to the point of this thread: Project Reality will never allow me to enjoy a game where everybody does whatever they want without even minding if they have somebody by their side playing with them or not. It's not just about the game, it's about the people who play it. The PR community is such a great community, and we are all enthusiastic about teamwork and, hell, you can have fun just walking around a 4km map, building FOBs, without fireing not even one bullet in the entire round. It's very difficult for me to think of playing BF3 online if I'm not gonna be playing it with PR players.

Well, I felt like I had to say it, I hope the BF3 campaing is worth the money :row__633:

In-Game: |TG-Irr|Dreves

Re: PR ruined FPS games for me... for ever.

I agree with you. But a BF3 password night on TG wouldn't be bad :)

Comment

It's what you make of it. I enjoy the hell out of BC2 with my buddies, but I don't just sit there and play it by myself. I don't think I could play as much PR as I do if I just sat and played it by myself. It would get rather boring after a while, I think. Much like PR co-op does for me now.

Otherwise, I might suggest another hobby in addition to video gaming. Girls come to mind, but it could really be anything. Just break up the monotony and keep it fresh. It keeps the games fun and gives you a different perspective.

Comment

You also have to remember the community you're playing in. Yes, there are some titles out there that due to their flaws, make tactical and teamwork-oriented gameplay difficult. BC2, with a complete lack of VOIP, is a great example. However, assuming that BF3 isnt quite so broken as BC2, and thus like 99% of the other titles around here, WE make the game what WE want it to be.

See, most of you werent here for vanilla BF2. Yes, we had a vanilla server, long before PR was a twinkle in the developers' eyes. We played it tactially. We outlawed grief tactics, we altered server configs to make the game play as we wanted it. Many of the ways that we altered our server to play to our own brand became the ground work for TacMod when they finally released mod tools for BF2. TacMod then became PR as it grew up.

BF3 will be no different. Will there be people who are going to come into our house and try and play the game in a fashion contrary to ours? Of course. That happens with every title we run, including PR. But thats why we have the best admins in the business busting hump day in and day out to give us the type of gameplay we love and respect. Thinking that BF3 is somehow going to radically alter the fabric of TG's mindset and let it turn into a non-TG-typical-vanilla-no-holds-barred-fragathon is almost insulting to those guys and the rest of the community who are all going to pitch in to maintain the status quo.

However, lets also bear in mind that we cant be selfish. Many of us PR players have taken this game to our core. Its tough to play any other game like we play PR. The pace, the patience, the attentiveness, the level of focus and coordination required for PR are immense factors to deal with and they dont translate well to other titles. We tend to get a bit snobbish about that. But remember, we're not the only ones having to cope. BC2 players have developed similar mindsets about their chosen game. The same can be said for ArmA, 2142, COD, and MOH players. But we're ALL going to be playing BF3. Together. We're all going to have to overcome our previous-title predispositions and learn to master the game. Together.

Bringing everyone from many different titles to play something this massive is an exercise in teamwork in itself. Everyone has something to bring to the table and everyone has something they're going to have to leave behind. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles. So instead of griping about something we cant help or change, lets focus on bringing a discussion on how we can make our server the best possible place to play. Lets continue the same mindset that has made ALL of TG's gameservers great.

How bout it guys?

Comment

That's why I mentioned that it's about the people. I'm guessing the BF3 experience on TG or with some close buddies will be great. Also, the title of the thread might sound too drastic, it was meant to be kind of "humorous", but I guess my English skills still lack contextualization haha

But yeah, I'm looking forward to playing BF3 in TG, I have high hopes for the experience.

ps. I do have a girlfriend by the way, I kind of resent those "get a life/girlfriend" type of comments, don't know why. The problem I do have is that not many of my friends speak English, and gameplay and teamwork on Spanish speaking servers are not as good so I'm kind of forced to play by my self, unless I get on TS with some guys I've been playing for a while.

Comment

Dreves, you're on the internet. It is simply not possible that you have a girlfriend. We are all balding fat men sitting in front of our screens. Theres no use denying it anymore. ;)

Oh interwebz, how you makes meh cry.

EDIT: By the way Dreves, just as a friendly reminder, your friends are more than welcome around here, regardless of whether or not they speak english. If you can get em on teamspeak, I'm 100% sure one of the server admins or game officers would be more than happy to set up a temp channel should your buddies not speak english. Just make sure you beat the TG mindset into them first! :D

Comment

LOL - No offense Dreves. PR ruined me for all other games as well. I used to be able to just sit and play games for hours on end by myself, but now I need my friends to help or it's no fun.

The girl comment was just a joke. A very tired and overused joke, but I'm afraid it's one of the best ones that I've got.

I've been with the same girl now for over 10 years and actually married her 7 years ago, but girls are still kind of a hobby of mine. I just don't get the kind of "hands on" experience with them that I used to.

And also, your English skills are very good. Better than a lot of native English speakers that I know. Sorry for any offense.

Comment

Don't worry, it's just that I have a hard time understanding humour in another language, I'm not used to jokes in English. I wasn't offended, I just don't understand it that well :row__632:

Also, I will try to get some of my fellow chilean PR players on TG, I know only 3 but I think they'll love it. I'll try to do the translator job as good as I can :P

Back to the topic: are there any official plans to get a BF3 server running? I mean, I guess it's an obvious move, but how many people from the PR community are actually going to play? I'd love to see a PR community event for testing the game to get the most of the MP gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  Dreves, you're on the internet. It is simply not possible that you have a girlfriend. We are all balding fat men sitting in front of our screens. Theres no use denying it anymore. ;)
                  Oh, the delicious irony...

In all seriousness though, I find it hard to play multiplayer games since PR, and I haven't played PR for a few years. Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say: I find it hard to play multiplayer games outside of TG - BC2, TF2, 2142 - all can be quite unpleasant when playing on a random server, but get a load of TGers on and it completely changes.
                  As Ferris said, the players maketh the game, and at TG we're lucky to have the nicest, most teamwork-oriented players around. I'm confident that however BF3 turns out, we'll be able to enjoy many great games together!
                  <3 you guys.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by VCDreves View Post
                    The problem I do have is that not many of my friends speak English, and gameplay and teamwork on Spanish speaking servers are not as good so I'm kind of forced to play by my self, unless I get on TS with some guys I've been playing for a while.
                    I speak spanish. Fluently.

Comment

TG ruined FPS for me. Before it was PR I was an avid BF2142 player, shoulda got into the community back then but never did. Never really would play on other servers unless they were Titan Mode with Friendly Fire (you know how hard it was to find Friendly Fire enabled servers?!).... I loved Titan Mode.

But seriously. Thanks TG for setting my standards so ridculously high ^_^. I love it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X