Wanda's Dying Wish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanda's Dying Wish

With Wanda being removed for next version can I request, as Wanda's dying wish, that the map be put into every or most of the map rotations until the release of .96, as someone once said "It's better to burn out than to fade away" let's give Wanda the chance to at least go out with a bang playing it till the last day of .95 , her dying day, with some fond memories rather than have her simply fade from the hearts and minds of PR players a map bullied into non-existence.

ok so that was a little dramtic so TLDR;
    Can we put Wanda in map rotations until the end of .95 because its getting removed from .96?

Re: Wanda's Dying Wish

I dont get why its being removed. I've only ever played it once :|

Comment

Ive never even played it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Feriluce View Post
        I dont get why its being removed. I've only ever played it once :|
        me either i'd like to play it
        RIP Spc Daniel Gomez July 18 2007
        Adhamiyah, Iraq
        1-26IN 2BCT 1ID

Comment

It was one of my favorite maps. I'm thinking it was not adapted to AAS4 in time for the next release. That's just my guess nothing official.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Its a great map that really just needed AAS4 to make it better.

Its a shame.

The map maker got loads of grief from people on mumble and during game. So much so that he pulled it, much to those who enjoyed it chagrin.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

As I said, I only ever played it once, but it seemed like a good mix between quinling and kashan. Some foresty area where infantry is strong and armor is weaker and some open areas where its the other way around. And not as many damn hills as on quinling.

Comment

Oh no its far far worse than Quinling with its hills, they just aren't as unrealistic as Quinling's. But thats why I love it. The forest hills grant the infantry a significant advantage if properly perpared against enemy IFVs and MBTs that move there. It breaks up the terrain so much that the map feels huge and I haven't been to most parts of it still.

But yes definately would love to see both 16 and 64 layers of this map on the server every now and then. The 32, with MTLBs versus 30mm IFV with FLIR, and 4 Russian MBTs v 6 PLA MBTs seems a bit sided to PLA.

Comment

It was removed by its maker on his own initiative :) honestly I think Burning Sands had more problems than WS (though those problems should be gone for 96 :D)

Its not dead, its just hibernating in PR bear's cave.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudd_medicman View Post
                    It was removed by its maker on his own initiative :) honestly I think Burning Sands had more problems than WS (though those problems should be gone for 96 :D)

Its not dead, its just hibernating in PR bear's cave.
                    Why did he want it removed though?

Comment

Back to yrkidding's point, I agree that it would be nice to have it on heavy rotation before it disappears. Maybe those of you that haven't played it can give some positive feedback and encouragement to the mapper who made it.

For those that want a little history, here's the locked feedback thread: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f253...-feedback.html

Please remember that the PR Team is made up of regular people, so when they put their energy into the mod it helps to get a few "thank you"s. And when it comes to things you don't like, just try to keep it constructive and positive.

Thanks

Comment

I loved Wanda. She was a moddy cow, but then I like them that way. Great open plains, great forests. A real shame it is being pulled. :(

Comment

Played a round of Wanda today after the server crashed, and apparantly the terrain is as bad as it was advertized. Me and manibou were in a tank, and without getting hit by anything we started smoking and decided to rtb. Before we managed to get back to base we blew up. This was from driving around normally.

Other than that I really like the terrain though. The switch between forrest and open areas are great, it allows armor to operate without having to drive through constant forrest, and still provides the infantry with cover.

Comment

I think Shija Valley will be somewhat as a replacement. It features similar terrain in some locations (hills with forrests). However, the wind turbines will be missed for their picturesque appearance - a magnificent sight.

sigpic
                            |TG-69th|desant

Comment

from an infantry perspective, i think this map is pretty damn good.
                              probably one of the best woodland/forest fighting landscapes in my opinion, next to the british of course.
                              i found that, for infantry theres quite a diversity in the fighting due to the ever changing terrain.
                              whether it be engagements within the tree line, or long distant firefights across the open divides, nothing ever happens twice int he same way like some other maps.
                              I personally believe this to be a map of great caliber, and the odd tweak is all thats necessary for it to become a gem.

again from an infantry stand point (because thats all i ever do)
                              one of the main issues for us is the need to navigate the terrain at speed, at crucial moments and on a general basis.
                              due to the large distances, making ground by foot is arduous.
                              and depending on layer, if air trans isn't active or has been downed, the map becomes hard to get around and difficult to achieve objectives depending on location. so transport is a large factor that needs addressing
                              It would of been nice to see how AASv4 would of played out, and if it would of change the flow.

i shall be plucking the wanda maps files from the levels folder to keep so i can wander around it at will for the future.

"you don't live till you're to die"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X