Iron Ridge Insurgency (7/09/11)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] Iron Ridge Insurgency (7/09/11)

I feel that this particular round deserves a thread of its own. It was by far the most epic round of Iron Ridge I have ever personally played.

Hats off to the Militia team and their rock-solid defense. The Russians went without intel on the second cache for well over an hour thanks to a combined team effort to defend the known. Unfortunately, over time, the Russians managed to gain enough intel to reveal the second cache, which was located in a small apartment building in the southern city. We were then forced to divide our forces to take up defensive positions on both caches.

My squad (led by Cougar) and db's squad were tasked with holding the southern cache whilst the rest of our team was to hold the northern cache.

It seemed our initial cache was the prime focus for the Russian team, as aside from a few sporadic enemies, activity down south was dull at best. Sadly, with our northern forces effectively cut in half, the Russian team managed to overwhelm our defenses and take out our first cache.

With all the attention now focused on the second known cache, our otherwise uneventful round turned bat-**** insane with surprising ferocity. Our squad decided to hole up inside the actual cache building whilst db's squad patrolled the surrounding terrain. The fighting became so intense that db's squad was eventually beaten back to the apartment building adjacent to ours. With Russians now closing in on the cache from every angle, db's squad fell back to help us defend the target building. Our position was now under fire from the entire Russian team. They threw everything they had at us. Wave upon wave of Russians swarmed into the cache building, all while enemy mortars and gunfire were raining down on us. Poking your head out from a window or balcony meant certain death. The sound of gunfire and explosions was deafening.

We held out for what felt like hours before they finally managed to whittle away enough of our defenders to slip in a few incendiary grenades. The round ended shortly afterwards. The amount of bodies in and around that apartment building was unreal. Thank you all for such an enjoyable game. If there was a round to nominate players for ribbons, this would be it.

Anyways, post your feedback here. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thought of it. I know db recorded a bit of that frenzied assault, I'm kicking myself for forgetting to do so myself.

Here was the ending scoreboard for those of you interested:
    Last edited by Silly_Savage; 07-10-2011, 02:19 AM.
    CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Re: Iron Ridge Insurgency (7/09/11)

I will post more when I get a chance, but guys, the battle recorder is working now......go get that video and make something sexy. The mortar deployed smoke is enough to make it great!

Comment

This was an awful round. Not fun at all. I will never understand why some folks enjoy completely uncompetitive lopsided rounds. One organized team beat one highly disorganized team. Not epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ishotcha View Post
        This was an awful round. Not fun at all. I will never understand why some folks enjoy completely uncompetitive lopsided rounds. One organized team beat one highly disorganized team. Not epic.

>_>

anyways i was there at the start of the round and the team was already laying out defences and preparing battle tactics :D!..... wish i was there for the rest :( i do enjoy miltia ins... brings in unique game play styles :D hopefully we will see more maps that feature that :)
        Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

This was an awful round .... One organized team beat one highly disorganized team. Not epic.
          Yeah you guys did suck. always fought 1 SQ, your SL's never tag teamed. So when we did you had no chance to protect yourselves. Sucks to be you.
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I caught the tail end of that as a Militia medic in the cache building. Literally nonstop gunfire for fifteen-plus minutes; incredibly, incredibly intense.
            sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Yes it is weird how a lot of people seem to enjoy rounds where one team is so completely outmatched that there is never any chance that they can win it.

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
              Yeah you guys did suck. always fought 1 SQ, your SL's never tag teamed. So when we did you had no chance to protect yourselves. Sucks to be you.
              Was that really necessary?

Comment

TBH I agree with Coug. You guys DID suck. But how do we combat that?.....Oh yeah, we try harder, we use mumble, and someone takes command and directs things. If people don't listen then you start the admin ball rolling. Feriluce, this is TG, we have rules that can impact people if they do not follow the chain of command. For what it's worth coug is right. For a HUGE heap of that round, when people knew where we were, you never hit us in a coordinated way. You simply came at us in ones and twos. It was not until the last 15 minutes your team worked as a combined force (maybe by accident). When they did, it was crazy. That's why it was fun. Because for the last little bit the intensity sky rocketed. Out matched is nothing to do with it. Am I supposed to switch team half way through a round because I am winning? Come on man......

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo View Post
                  TBH I agree with Coug. You guys DID suck. But how do we combat that?.....Oh yeah, we try harder, we use mumble, and someone takes command and directs things. If people don't listen then you start the admin ball rolling. Feriluce, this is TG, we have rules that can impact people if they do not follow the chain of command. For what it's worth coug is right. For a HUGE heap of that round, when people knew where we were, you never hit us in a coordinated way. You simply came at us in ones and twos. It was not until the last 15 minutes your team worked as a combined force (maybe by accident). When they did, it was crazy. That's why it was fun. Because for the last little bit the intensity sky rocketed. Out matched is nothing to do with it. Am I supposed to switch team half way through a round because I am winning? Come on man......
                  First of all, I didn't even play yesterday, so I have no comments on that specific round.

Secondly, I'm sure cougar is right and that the team did suck from the sound of it. That doesn't mean its necessary to point it out in such a rude manner. I'm also not really sure what the chain of command has to do with my post.

Comment

Guys, keep it civil. It is possible to point these things out constructively. It is also true that sometimes you end up in a team that is struggling, some will help, some will knuckle down and relish the challenge some will switch to avoid the struggling team. Regardless it is a game and some you win some you lose. Keep it mature and respectful, in game and on the forums.

Comment

Boring round was boring, but thats probably cause the militia team was so awesome that me and alpha were rolling round in a brdm and for the first 30-40mins didnt see a single enemy cause everytime we were called on, we would get there with in 30 seconds and the russians had already been killed :p

Comment

Shame I left right before Iron Ridge... Knew that the round will be epic FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Aimed single handedly won us the Quinling C&C round before that.

Comment

Here's the fight from db's point-of-view.

CR8Z: "No, I've not been good, but as an American, I'm entitled to everything I want."

Comment

One thing I'm tired of is people complaining about it being the other team's fault for one team's lack of teamwork.

Sure it really really sucks for that team and yes it would be nice if some people who knew what they were doing would switch between rounds but in the end one team loses because it loses. That team, by nature of its lack of teamwork deserves to lose. The lack of teamwork comes down to a select few reasons but most specifically squad leaders who underperform or do not think to coordinate properly.

Iron Ridge is a harsh mistress for Russia. They lack the significant range advantage enjoyed by most BluFors on most other INS maps and they face an opponent that is geared to good close range attacks in an evironment that benefits from this. Not all maps have equal difficulty for both teams, but that means one team just has to play a lot better.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X