Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pls cooperate with mortar squad if avaiabel.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls cooperate with mortar squad if avaiabel.

If mortars are avaiable, pls call in targets for them and adjust their fire. I can understand if there just arent any, when the battle moves indoors mostly, however I had a round on jabal where after 20 min people stopped calling mortars and preferred to be pinned down and killed by an enemy in the open.

Thats kinda frustrating for the people who volunteer to man mortars if the team does not give them few consideration and I can see why it is on a good way to becoming the new "commander position" meaning more and more people seem to refuse fulfilling that role.

Leading a mortar squad I prefer to resupply the mortars rather than running off spotting and watching the cool explosions, while my derps stare at the mortar screen. Also having mortar support mostly only through the squadleader of the mortar squad means you need at least 3 people and mortars on an area dont become avaiable untill the spotter reaches it.

Re: Pls cooperate with mortar squad if avaiabel.

if your the SL of the mortar squad, have an SL kit so you can put a mortar mark down and then re-adjust your attack marker to an area that a SL needs it especially if he is unable to mark the position himself.

Also scan the area around you, many times an enemy fob pops up but the SL of the mortar squad can't do anything because he has decided to stay as a rifleman or take a hat kid and then *BOOM* you are attacked and the mortars and your squad are wiped out with no clue where it came from.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
      If mortars are avaiable, pls call in targets for them and adjust their fire. I can understand if there just arent any, when the battle moves indoors mostly, however I had a round on jabal where after 20 min people stopped calling mortars and preferred to be pinned down and killed by an enemy in the open.

Thats kinda frustrating for the people who volunteer to man mortars if the team does not give them few consideration and I can see why it is on a good way to becoming the new "commander position" meaning more and more people seem to refuse fulfilling that role.

Leading a mortar squad I prefer to resupply the mortars rather than running off spotting and watching the cool explosions, while my derps stare at the mortar screen. Also having mortar support mostly only through the squadleader of the mortar squad means you need at least 3 people and mortars on an area dont become avaiable untill the spotter reaches it.
      The biggest issue with calling in mortars in a public match is the fact that most people, even many regulars, simply don't understand how to place map markers down properly. Beyond that calling in really really amazing mortar missions requires direct comms which sometimes isn't going to happen due to the SLs in channel.

Its because of this that I feel in a public match a dedicated mortar squad should consits of 3-5 people with two operating the tubes and the SL acting as FO. If the desire is there I'll have a course framed around Forward Observation... its important and crucial to mortars.

Comment

Yeah the lack of markers on the map get's pretty annoying when you are running mortars or CAS.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Lack of markers is annoying when I am doing anything.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            Lack of markers is annoying when I am doing anything.
            true, usually when I jump in the commander role my main mission is just to mark things on the map as they are reported. That intel can be the difference between a win and a loss

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

The interesting thing is the mentality that you can't mark things if you are engaged. My point is if you aren't dead, aren't killing fools left and right, and are an SL.... you should be able to mark something in ten seconds.

Comment

Yes markers help and for assets to realize where enemy threats/targets are they are accurate enough. For mortars calling them in over mumble or text and then adjusting them might be more precise though. I do alternate between rifleman kit and officer kit when I run mortars. However I cant be all over the map to spot, especially on larger maps.

All I meant to say, if you want people to man mortars in the future make them part of the game, or else after a round or 2 sitting at the tube with hardly anyone calling for mortars, people will just stop using them.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                  That intel can be the difference between a win and a loss
                  And now you can generate your own with UAV.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes markers help and for assets to realize where enemy threats/targets are they are accurate enough. For mortars calling them in over mumble or text and then adjusting them might be more precise though. I do alternate between rifleman kit and officer kit when I run mortars. However I cant be all over the map to spot, especially on larger maps.
                    That is an issue, especially on the larger maps. This is why a four to six man mortar squad isn't a terrible idea if they have some form of transport like a jeep (why I hope they include more jeep vehicles for the CATA team. However, their might also be some credence in an IFV+Squad Leader+2 Operators as a recon/mortar element.

All I meant to say, if you want people to man mortars in the future make them part of the game, or else after a round or 2 sitting at the tube with hardly anyone calling for mortars, people will just stop using them.
                    If you really really want to do mortars you have to think about them in a FO+Crew sense while pubbing. A good FO will always provide a better kill percentage then Squad Leaders who just tend to call them when they are in the 'poo'. Basically, a great Mortar Crew is a system seperate of but cooperating with the rest of the team, just like any other facet of pubbing.

Comment

this may have been mentioned, but what happened to this
                      Added mortar minimap icon
                      this was noted in the changelog, and yet i have not seen it on the mini map as of yet.
                      this is one of my gripes. i would use mortars willing and often, if i knew when they were up.
                      and yes you can ask over SL channel, but no one ever replies half the time.

"you don't live till you're to die"

Comment

Then as the SL don't drive all around the map, don't just lock your squad at 3 people, open if up to 5, keep the officer kit, if you see someone type or say that they have targets, use the officer kit, put down a mortar marker and then an attack marker for your guys using the mortars.

Be a squad leader, use the officer kit.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

The 'Mortar mini-map icon' is only applied when you are close to a mortar pit (like any other vehicle). I've seen it. If they are occupied you should see them. Probably because they weren't in use.

Its really the job of the Fire Support Team to advertise that they are available or the CO if he's around..

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X