Training map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training map

Somebody on here gave me a Kashan training map with different air assets and fast respawn. It works for the latest patch too. You can run it instead of the original Kashan in a local game and online if a server hosts it. Takes some renaming. Can I spread the good word about this map, so that people can get some flighttime on their own?

Here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TPFM9AQR

Copy the file to \Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels\kashan_desert\

Rename the server.zip to server.zipold and the server.ziptrain to server.zip.

To use it start a local game with the Kashan map Standard layout.
    It should work online too if a server hosts the map.

After you are done training reverse the process, so you get the normal Kashan map back.
    Last edited by Golgo13; 07-21-2011, 11:54 AM.

Re: Training map

I see no reason why, very helpful. GJ

Comment

Here it is

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TPFM9AQR

Copy the file to \Battlefield 2\mods\pr\levels\kashan_desert\

Rename the server.zip to server.zipold and the server.ziptrain to server.zip.

To use it start a local game with the Kashan map Standard layout.
      It should work online too if a server hosts the map.

After you are done training reverse the process, so you get the normal Kashan map back.

Comment

Just a heads up, this version doesn't have the hellfire kiowa as it was made before 0.96. If you want to try it, just switch any of the vehicles to: us_ahe_kiowa_alt2
        sigpic

Comment

because i'm majorly bored and can't play online atm, i'll create a new version of kashan training. and make it so you don't have to juggle around with server.zips

EDIT: or maybe burning sands as that's quite fun to fly around on. plus the airport is easy enough to land on

EDIT2: sod it i'll make both
          AnimalMother
          Ex TG-31st LR
          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Ok changed my mind on the making both part, kashan is boring imo and it's always the 'training' map

So I used burning sands instead, and i think it'll work just fine for all your aviation needs!

README (also included in download)
            ================================================== ============================
            =========================== BURNING SANDS TRAINING v1.0.0 ====================
            ========================== AUDIT BY |TG-31st|ANIMALMOTHER ====================
            ============================= MAP BY [R-DEV]RUDD ============================

Install:

Extract the .rar to the pr mod folder
            example file path

c:/program files/ea games/battlefield 2/mods/pr

It should not ask you to overwrite anything.

Uninstall:
            go to

.../mods/pr/levels and delete the burning_sandstrain map folder

Features:
            - All rotary and fixed wing aircraft currently in the PR 0966 build (including those not used on normal maps)
            > Each spawn set to spawn a maximum of 4 vehicles, spawn time of 10 seconds
            > All enterable by being brits
            - A bombing range of targets with close by spawn for lases
            > Each T-62 has a respawn of 120 seconds
            - On the MEC side there is are 2 jets in a hanger, and 4 helicopters at the South base for dogfight training if required.

Enjoy
            Animal
            The latest version will always be available from this DOWNLOAD PAGE.

Any feedback on changes you'd like, or well anything let me know one way or another and i'll change/fix things

Here's a few screens of what you've got

Have fun!
            AnimalMother
            Ex TG-31st LR
            "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
            sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

I dont know if anything like this is possible, but would it be possible to have a permanent lase in an area? If you ever played/heard of the minimod combined arms they had lases on all vehicles qhick meant you could lock them without spotters and this would be nice for practice, even if the lase is only on a few statics.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Can I suggest a 'City' target zone? Perhaps even a 'OPFOR' Jet Spawn to practice versus situations?

Any way this can get on the private server?

Comment

@chris, I'll look into that, it should be possible to have a cloned tank with the lase already attached to it for use in the map. If i get it working i'll make a seperate target zone somewhere for it.

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                  Can I suggest a 'City' target zone?
                  I can add a spawn to the city and have some targets dotted about

Perhaps even a 'OPFOR' Jet Spawn to practice versus situations?
                  there is one, on the minimap just below the main vehicle spawn, there's a hanger with a MiG and F16 (set to spawn 4 each, you can see it in one of the screens) for dogfight practices ;) And yes you can easily get them out of there, I managed it easily and i'm a total jet noob.
                  AnimalMother
                  Ex TG-31st LR
                  sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
                    Any way this can get on the private server?
                    We'll see what we can do ;)

Suggestion: A slightly increased view/fog distance would be nice.

Bug: F18 (the one next to the F22) crashes the server when a player gets in it.
                    Last edited by Buflak; 07-27-2011, 12:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Awesome :) you might want to post it on realitymod.com too, so we can feel all righteous again to yell at people for practicing flying on the server. Is a permanent Laze in a spot of the map possible? Or a laze that gets refreshed?

Comment

I cant seem to find any helipads, which makes rearming quite hard. The ones in the british main doesn't even work anymore.

Comment

Yeah that's noted

the choppers have 5 second spawn, just land and get a new one for now :)
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

So is this on the training server or just for personal use?
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

It's for both!

Buf's just in the process of sorting the server out with it, i'd imagine the pw will get released soon
                              AnimalMother
                              Ex TG-31st LR
                              sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...