Asset Rules?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset Rules?

I was reading the rules on the website after a game of TG and was just wondering what the EXACT rules are when it comes to assets in terms of it being an offence that would warrant banning. As stated in the rules it is on a first come first serve basis unless under the presence of a CO hence my question would be if a CO is in place and someone steals an asset etc would it fall under the command of the CO to punish or would it fall under the jurisdiction of an admin and therefore result in a kick or ban?

I only ask this because there has been a lot of confusion lately when it comes to asset as many people are under the the impression that assets are reserved to their named squad and hence this has created problems on the server due the ambiguity of the whole commander complexity in the rules, (mainly to do with transport choppers)

Thanks

Re: Asset Rules?

If there is a CO and he has assigned assets to a specific sqd, then no other sqds might use said asset. unless off course they asked the commander for permission to do so. If someone takes an asset that is not assigned to them and when warned they do not give it up, then it will result in a kick. If he comes back and continues doing it, then he will get a ban.

Also people tend to play on the server without reading the rules, hence why they get the impression that there are default rules for every server. So if they are under the wrong impression it's because they havn't read the rules.

Comment

Commander Allocates assets officially.

The commander has to be all "Hey APC's go to the APC squad, Trans Helos go to the Tank squad, etc"

It's not against the rules to take an asset that you're not dedicated to(if there's no commander, and if he doesn't allocate them officially), but it is bad manners, and you will give yourself a bad impression.

Really, all assets are free to take, unless there's a commander that gives the full use to certain squads. My general thought to that is, don't be a jerk; at least ask.

People seem to be pretty used to the "If there's a squad named after it, don't take it" mindset, and I actually think that's a good thing. As a squad leader though, don't let it restrict your options.

Comment

The results of breaking a rule are completely up to the admins that are monitoring the server, don't expect any particular action.

All over that don't be a jerk thing, just try to work it out and see if you can't come to some sort of compromise. That's the beauty of playing at "the premiere community for mature gamers", people don't act like jerks.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I find that the rules dictate the following:

Only a commander should report stolen assets. This counts as a triple whammy too since you can get reported for lack of teamwork, stealing an asset, and not following orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            don't act like jerks.
            This is the most important thing.

What the rules actually dictate is that the commander has a right to reserve any asset in any way, in the form of an order. If he says only a certain squad can use it or nobody at all then the team has to follow that order, if it is reasonable. Anyone not following CO/SL orders should be reported.

If someone makes a good effort to coordinate the whole team and win the round for them, then it is considered reasonable. He doesn't have to be the best commander or come up with the 100% sure winning plan, just have to work together with the team. A commander won't necessarily lead you to victory all the time and you might not always agree with his orders, but you have to give him the respect he deserves for his effort, by following them.
            As long as they don't go against our rules or the Primer

If all the squadleaders disagree with the CO and can't settle matters with communication, they can start a mutiny vote or give a detailed report to the admins.
            These fortunately are very rare and dealt with on a case by case basis.

If there is no CO or he doesn't reserve assets, then just don't be a jerk. Try not to use/argue over the same asset all the time, let others have a go with the cool toys as well.
            And if you never get to play with them but want to, just ask for an invite over chat/mumble.
            sigpic

Comment

I am glad to see that people use common sense on the server and dont insit on taking an APC when they are in an infantery squad, when there is already an APC squad.

Comment

Personally, I like that there is no rule dictating how people can and cannot play this game. The commander rule is totally understandable given that the commander's orders have to be followed in order for that individual to have a decent chance in succeeding in his command position and thus enjoying his game.

However, I don't usually have a lot of time to play everyday and I try to make the most out of each time I play. Sometimes, sitting at main with my thumb in my ... is not the best use of my time. In those situations, if nobody is using an asset, regardless of the arbitrary squad names, I may see fit to use that asset, have a good time, and try and help the team. This is one rule on other servers that I find totally lame and totally random. Given this rule, they condone that the least able person should dictate who can and cannot play the game the way they want to play it, just because they either created or inherited a squad that had a particular name. It becomes a power trip and I swear I've seen other people in servers just sit and report and or kick people who grab a random asset that wasn't in the locked squad with the associated name. Completely random.

That said, I do believe that you should avoid being a jerk. If there is obviously a squad using certain assets, especially if they are using them to great effect (whatever the name of their squad is), AND THEY ASK YOU IN CHAT/MUMBLE to leave that asset for them, I would strongly urge you to consider an alternate method of helping your team. Or ask how you can help that squad. Demanding a slot in their squad is usually not the best way to get invited.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys was just wondering because when assets are stolen or "borrowed" etc many people called for admin action just wondering whether or not it was justified. Just so u know i don't do it, just wondering because i've seen it a lot lately :P

Comment

This forum is a far better place for your question than the all chat in game. From those of us who try and avoid all chat, thank you.

Comment

Don't forget to use the Contact an Admin forum if you want a definitive ruling on something, circumstances permitting, conditions apply.

For clarity's sake anyone can report 'asset stealing' not just the CO, however the CO may be best placed to as he will know what orders have been issued.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X