Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Mumble

Hey guys,

It's been a year or so since I've played PR and I started playing a few rounds again over the last two weeks. Now I know a lot of people are using mumble, and I remember it catching on when I use to play daily, but I never got around to installing, thus leaving me out of the loop. I found a few threads of where/how to install and set it up on the realitymod's forum, but they seem outdated. Anyone know of an updated setup thread for mumble?

Thanks

Re: Setting up Mumble

You must install the PR version of mumble; it downloaded and tried to auto-install with PR.

Once you install it, you can run the wizard, but otherwise hit Configure -> Settings and make sure that your Audio Input/Output is pointed correctly to your mic/headset. Also make sure that your Transmit setting is set to Push to Talk.

In that same Mumble Configuration window, select the shortcuts TAB and make sure you have two functions: One for Local Speech and one for Squad Leader Radio.

To Add a Function, click Add in the bottom left corner of the window. Then double-click on the Unassigned Function above until a drop down menu arrow appears. Select one for Local Speech and another Squad Leader Radio.

Select a shortcut key for each Mumble function that won't have any PR key conflicts. I use my Page Front and Back keys on my mouse for both, but this is your preference.

Next, you'll want to change the IP and join the server.

Click on Server -> Custom Servers and highlight Project Reality Official Mumble Server.

Change the IP Address to 31.132.2.109

Create your username.

Click Update.

Now you can connect to the server. Look for TG in the server list in alphabetical order. Go into the Waiting Room.

Now you can join the TG PR server. When you join in, take note of a few of the names on either team, and Alt-Tab to Mumble and join the appropriate team in mumble.

You should be good to go.

Comment

Thanks! Now I know why I never bothered to setup Mumble. Whenever I run that audio wizard and then to go to configure the squad leader radio shortcut, the program would crash. I just skipped the audio wizard and everything seem to be working fine.

Comment

Cool! See you on the server!

Comment

Just check out the related stickies on realitymod.com.

Comment

Hi there. My problem is: I can talk and hear other people on Mumble when PR is not active. However, when I entered PR, I can only hear people talking but they cannot hear me. It seems that when I enter PR, the keys I designated for Mumble are no longer linked to the Mumble program. How can I fix it?

Comment

That I don't know. Which keys have you mapped for mumble?

Comment

Originally posted by stexDragoon View Post
                Hi there. My problem is: I can talk and hear other people on Mumble when PR is not active. However, when I entered PR, I can only hear people talking but they cannot hear me. It seems that when I enter PR, the keys I designated for Mumble are no longer linked to the Mumble program. How can I fix it?
                run mumble in ADMINISTRADOR MODE...right click on the PR shortcut..compatibility..run as administrador...apply...worked for me and my clan mates

Comment

Hey does anyone know if there is any way to change servers or channels on mumble without Alt tabbing out of Project Reality. It makes my FPS suffer when I am forced to do this.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X