Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning Sands Training: Info and Feedback

Hello TGers,

This thread will now act as the place for feedback and the most recent info for the audit of Burning sands that I've made for training purposes.

I will bump this thread if there is a new version released and to answer questions. The most recent version will be available from DOWNLOAD PAGE and on MODDB.

Taking requests from the other thread I've made some changes and now the next version is ready, below is the readme/changelog

Code:
    ==============================================================================
    =========================== BURNING SANDS TRAINING v1.2.0 ====================
    ========================== AUDIT BY |TG-31st|ANIMALMOTHER ====================
    ============================= MAP BY [R-DEV]RUDD =============================

======== Install: ========

delete any existing version of burning_sandstrain from your PR levels folder (battlefield 2/mods/pr/levels/)

Extract the .rar to the pr mod folder
    example file path

c:/program files/ea games/battlefield 2/mods/pr

It should not ask you to overwrite anything.

======== Uninstall: ========
    go to

.../mods/pr/levels and delete the burning_sandstrain map folder

======== v1.2.0 Features: ========
    - Added several helipads around the vehicles spawns. (there's a little issue with them not drawing that far, but they are easy enough to find)
    - Removed the F18 because it caused a crash on dedicated servers.
    - Added OpFor AA vehicle spawn in the western bunker complex to allow for evasion training if required.
    - Added lazed bombing range to the South-West corner of the map.
    	> Includes T-62s with lazes attached to them, sometimes they can't be seen on the HUD but they are there and weapons will lock onto them.
    - Added targets to the city for advanced air and ground co-ordination.
    	> There are 3 british RPs with a crate next to them.
    	> each RP has 3 targets within line of sight of it, some are going to be harder to hit then others.
    - Increased the VD to 1.2km with the fog starting at 900m ends at 1150m.
    - Increased the ticket counts for both teams to 99999.
    - Added a land rover to the BluFor helicopter spawn point, so you can drive rather then walk.
    	> Set to spawn up to 10 land rovers (or in local use rcon spawner gb_jep_landrover_support with debug enabled)
    	> Spawn time of 10 seconds.
    	> Has a timetolive of 30 seconds, so when you get out it'll destroy itself allowing another to spawn if necessary.

======== v1.0.0 Features: ========
    - All rotary and fixed wing aircraft currently in the PR 0966 build (including those not used on normal maps)
    	> Each spawn set to spawn a maximum of 4 vehicles, spawn time of 10 seconds
    	> All enterable by being brits
    - A bombing range of targets with close by spawn for lases
    	> Each T-62 has a respawn of 120 seconds
    - On the MEC side there is are 2 jets in a hanger, and 4 helicopters at the South base for dogfight training if required.

Enjoy
    Animal

Have fun!
    AnimalMother
    Ex TG-31st LR
    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Re: Burning Sands Training: Info and Feedback

Training server is running v1.2.0 now.
    sigpic

Comment

Where can I find the password to the training server?
      Whether by air or on land
      foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Awesome training map. Thank you very much AnimalMother.

Comment

I started a local server and tried to fly one of the ground attack fighters which I could not identify. The jet was very awkward to taxi, but I finally got airborne. However, none of the weapons systems showed up on the HUD, so I had no idea which weapon I was arming. I was able to "Lock On" to one of the training targets, but when I fired the weapon (I still don't know what kind of weapon) it crashed me really hard to desktop.

I have not tried to repeat this yet, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Comment

Maybe the chinese single seat attack aircraft? Some of the planes that aren't in the regular PR build and maps are buggy so unless you're just messing around don't attempt to train with them.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Watcj out when u try to exit the hanger where the two jets are. Its a tight fit

Comment

good for learning choppers. thanks for making it

Comment

how many sec does it take for a crate to drop from the heli?

Comment

Originally posted by heero View Post
                    how many sec does it take for a crate to drop from the heli?
                    The instant you click if im not mistaken. Correct me if I am.

Comment

kwalc is right, the moment you click it leaves your chopper

Comment

Hi there. I was using this training map on local deployment mode. My respawn time is 60s which makes a painful wait after I crash my aircrafts. Is this 60s respawning time normal?

Comment

It's a server side setting and has nothing to do with the map itself

Open the following file .../mods/pr/python/game/realityconfig_local.py (it can be edited in notepad, though I suggest using something like editpad lite)

This controls the settings for your local deployment mode, which means you can change them as you please and won't affect your online game (i.e. no PB kicks etc). It's pretty well annotated so you should quite easily find the values that you want to tweak. Hope this has helped and have fun!
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                            It's a server side setting and has nothing to do with the map itself

Open the following file .../mods/pr/python/game/realityconfig_local.py (it can be edited in notepad, though I suggest using something like editpad lite)

This controls the settings for your local deployment mode, which means you can change them as you please and won't affect your online game (i.e. no PB kicks etc). It's pretty well annotated so you should quite easily find the values that you want to tweak. Hope this has helped and have fun!
                            Thank you very much! It works. During practising, I found one of the British 2-men aircraft (I don't know its name) pretty difficult to land - the plane keeps dropping its head when the speed is less than 700 km/h.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X