X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Rules updated

Gentlemen,

We are seeing a lot of players regularly getting kicked and banned by the automatic language filter. The filter has always been in place and no alterations have been made to it recently. The obvious fact is that a minority of people are simply not adhering to the standards of behaviour required. With that in mind we have updated the Rule Set to include the following:-

1e. Please note there is an automatic language filter in place on the TG PR:BF server. This will warn, kick and ultimately ban you for typing in prohibited words. Do not fall foul of this, do not attempt to avoid the filter by substituting letters in swear words etc. Do not expect a great deal of sympathy from the Admin Team if you manage to get yourself banned by 'the computer'. You will have been auto warned, then kicked. You then will have returned to the sever and continued the unacceptable behaviour. The auto filter is the 12th man on the Admin Team and is never wrong.
    Please note that a ban by the auto filter is no different to any other ban issued by a member of the Admin Team, it will require a proper appeal in the Contact an Admin thread and will go through the usual process, there is no guaranteed outcome. Mind your language please, mature community and all that.

Thanks

Wicks
    TG PR Game Officer

Re: Rules updated

Thanks admins :icon14:

Comment

If only we could have that standard in ARMA II.
      You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
      So that when they turn their backs on you,
      You'll get the chance to put the knife in.Pink Floyd "Dogs"

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
        The auto filter is...never wrong.
        Except when it involves the word 'cockpit'.

Wordfilters have never been a 'smart' (as in adapting, artificially intelligent, not as in moronic) method. Acting like they are is silly.

Comment

Argument!!!!!!
          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Is the swear ban permanent? I always thought it was for an hour or so. Innnnterestingg.....

EDIT: whoa weird impulse to log into this on accident...

freaky.

Comment

Its just like an other ban by another admin, you have to appeal and the admins will deal with it differently according to the unique situation.
              |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                Except when it involves the word 'cockpit'.

Wordfilters have never been a 'smart' (as in adapting, artificially intelligent, not as in moronic) method. Acting like they are is silly.
                Congrats, you have highlighted a word that may trigger the filter where the intent is not to offend. I don't think there is anything silly about the rules amendment, however there is a something pedantic about your comment. Thank you for attempting to take the thread off track. The intent of the announcement is clear, when I suggest the filter is never wrong I mean that the level of filtering is not up for debate nor is the standard that level is intended to support.

I'm locking the thread as I'm simply not interested in another hair splitting response.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X