Ping increase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ping increase

Lately I've noticed my ping is no more in the 110's - 120's but has increased to 150-160+. Does this have anything to do with the server or is it something at my end?

Re: Ping increase

I have the same issue with 100MB fibre, did a ping trace and it looks like it's Comcast problem stateside, massive packet loss at a couple of junctions, so no it's not you or the server, just a lame Cable Company lol, ask any of your Stateside friends about ComCast, they are pitiful.

Comment

Funny thing for me is my ping has dropped from 150 to 120. Go comcast! :)

Comment

It's because I'm there. My presence causes rage amonst everyone. Especially the other team, it seems.

KILL THE HARRY POTTER CHICK!

Edit: Derp, thought this was ArmA2. But my point still stands - a woman on the internet is clearly killing your bandwidth.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

woah...a woman...on the...the...the internet!?!?! Impossible! Blasphemy! Absurd! Preposterous! Not even Possible?!

lol but yea my ping went up a bit as well I noticed, oh well can't do anything about this one.

Comment

The server has been relatively dead for the past five days or so anyway, as far as I can tell.

Comment

And that is relevant to this discussion how? Oh and it was packed all weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                And that is relevant to this discussion how? Oh and it was packed with awesomeness all weekend.
                Fixed for you.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Precisely my distinguished friend and thank you for the assist! It was indeed brimming with awesomeness, literally dripping with tactical goodness and laden like a wagon full of old friends. Doesn't take much for this to happen again, just people getting on the server.

Comment

Try turning your router on or off/reset it. That can sometimes help
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I guess it was saturday evening after the scrim I was getting pings twice and for a while three times what it usually is (120-160) but it had calmed down within an hour. Havent been on the server since then. Silly Savage was having the same issue too but it also went away after 30-40 min.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Switches do go offline on the internets, and you would be routed to a longer path. It is such an amazing thing.
                        If it is a persistent thing, there really isn't much you can do. Just make sure your system, and networking gear are running well. Even if you do find a 'problem' on the ISP side, you aren't going to be able to talk to anyone that can fix it. Just customer support agents on a script.

Hope it resolves itself.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X