Current Server feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Server feedback

The admins are attempting to come up with ideas to get TG back to its old self. The more minds the better to fix this issue so post what you think we as admins, and the community can do to make the server more popular, while keeping the TG roots in place. If you have a complaint, you have heard a complaint or have an idea post it up here and try to explain its solution. Any idea that can better TG post it here for discussion.

Be constructive, that doesn't mean don't be negative, that means say the problem and come up with a solution. On the same topic, this thread isn't meant to be a flame war, or any personal attacks so if you have an issue that belongs in private, keep it there and post in the CAA forums.

Every member of the community has a role to keeping it healthy, both the players and the admins. Please think of both sides and their roles when making a suggestion.

The admin team is always open to feedback either through the CAA forum or PMs.

Post away and lets get TG rolling.
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Re: Current Server feedback

The BIG picture.

We need to get the core community rolling before the announcement of PR:V's release/beta. When that version/mod/expansion is released renewed interest will result in more people on, and a bigger pool of players to tap/convert to the TG way.

This is the only thing I can think we can ask the admins to do:
    -at 12pm EST put the server into seed mode. this means a string of skirmish maps that can be forwarded past if the population comes up.
    -IF the population comes up, do mainly INS maps through until 3-4pm EST.

-If the population doesn't, keep the seeders.

-By 3-5pm EST if the server is semi full we as a community of TGers need to get on it. If its not? Lets, as a community do some nifty Skirmish battles.

-Rinse and repeat daily.

I'll admit, PR:ArmA has all but ruined PR:BF2 for me, if that server is even near 50 players I'll join it before I'll join vBF2... but, I really want to see vBF2 get back to its glory days. College, full time job, and then overtime weekeneds all conspire against me. I will be able to do stuff the weekeneds of 24th & 30th though.

Comment

Events. Admins are busy? Okay. Get more admins.

Comment

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
        Events. Admins are busy? Okay. Get more admins.
        I would love more Admins however it is not the simple as "out of cookies, get more cookies". I truly wish it was. We continually look at potential recruits however with what has been a relatively low population for PR:BF (in comparison to a while ago) the pool of potential candidates has been small. A bad Admin does way more damage in 10 minutes than not having an Admin on the server for an hour ever, ever could. Couple that with a lot of longstanding community members who would naturally fall into consideration for Admin simply not playing PR:Bf anymore.

Let's not beat around the bush her, simply put the pool of players dedicated to PR:BF at TG has shrunk for a huge list of reasons. We need to build that back up. That takes time. I don't dish out Admin jobs left and right because that's not how we do things here and it certainly isn't how I do things. The fallout from that scenario is messy and painful and does way more harm than good. I am looking at Admin candidates and discussing them with the PR:Bf Admin Team. Hopefully we can see some progress on that front soon. By the same token don't expect a sudden influx of 'new Admins' you haven't seen before.

The Admins are chosen very carefully and an awful lot is taken into consideration, if you get asked, you've done well (or done something awful in a previous life, depending on how you look at it:icon_razz). Why is it such a laborious, sometimes painfully slow process? Well, aside from the reasons stated above the key issue is that 'who' is on the Admin Team and how they go about their business is important because a) they represent TG and b) because they have a direct impact on the gameplay on the server, the quality of our relationship with the players, our community, and last but by no means least, you the player's enjoyment of the server, something I and the current Admin Team take very seriously.

We're working on it. Keep the feedback coming please, we are listening.

Comment

I know :p Thanks Wicks I know there's a lot more to it then just "getting a cookie" lol :p.

Just to test it out though a Thursday night password event that is announced a week in advance might do well for getting weekdays going again. Just my thoughts.

Comment

My thoughtss for getting full and good games on a weekday, are for net week to pick the day with the most votes, and hold a themed night on it with no PW. We will post up early which day, when to start seeding and all that stuff, so then everyone can hop on at the same time and get the server started.
            |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

Yes no password is a better idea. That will get both regulars on, while still allowing new people to join freely. Is there a possibility of renaming the server for such events? Such as Tactical Gamer *********** event or whatever. Lets people know whats going on just from the server browser

Comment

It seems to me that people loved playing on the TG server because of the elevated level of play as compared to other servers. As has been mentioned in these forums countless times, it takes great leaders to lead a great squad, and IMO, TG consistently had more "star power" than any other server. I say invite these people back for a night or so a week for some great games.

How do we entice these great players? How about an informal, internal scrim. Start with the COs, and let them choose their SLs. Then let the SLs choose their squads as they see fit.

I think a themed event would be great, but whatever the theme, perhaps we can manage an internal scrim in conjunction with the theme. We don't need to come up with full-blown battle plans and weeks of preparation, but just choose some teams up and let everybody play a round or so. No need to password the server, because if the server is full, SMs will still have access, and if people are complaining that they can't get on because the server is full, well then, mission accomplished!

Comment

Another possible idea is to lift bans not related to cheating ect that are over 1 year old.
                  I don't think this could hurt as either they don't play PR anymore, they figured out how to play properly in their 1 year time, or they grew up and matured over a year.
                  Just a thought.

Comment

What we need to do is figure out a way to boost PR's PR. Har Har. it doesn't even have to be TG specifically, people will gravitate towards us when we show up and do what we do best on the server. That's how we all got to be here, right? We were drawn in by what PR is. People just need to be grabbed by the scruff of the neck and informed, as rudely as possible, that there is a game for thinking people that still manages not to take itself too seriously.

* More, better in game footage, with some improvement to distribution. Have you guys seen the comments on silly's old PR videos? "Wow what game is that?" or "Awesome multiplayer!!" If we can just get a short sequence of a good squad on mumble taking an objective... it will sell itself if pimped out to the right places.

* Can anyone here put words together with any kind of skill? I know there are plenty of gameing websites/blogs that would be happy to post a well put together blurb on the state of the FPS, modding, the future of PC gaming, w/e. Just mention PR somewhere in there.

* Tell your friends. Seriously if everyone makes an effort to get one or two of their gamer buddies in on this game, they will play. I tried this once with a roomate but he was a little too impatient. Avoid impatient people.

Seriously guys. This wouldn't be that hard. The game sells itself. After careful review it is plain to anyone that PR was formed by the breaking down chuck norris' beard clippings and sun tzu's words into electrons and smashing them together through particle acceleration.
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

I would say the main thing is to keep the server, at the very least, semi-active until the next patch and the player influx it will bring.
                      sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I didn't stop playing because the quality of TG diminished. TG's admins and playerbase are the best on the market in PR, and it's been that way for a long time.

I stopped because I can't handle PR anymore. I don't have two or more hours of intense concentration, and I don't have it in me to keep up the level of skill and coordination PR now demands. Tiny missteps in positioning yield huge failures later in the game. Every map has a set strategy that's been memorized step for step by all the regulars, and attempts at deviation usually crash and burn when half the team tries something new and half the team follows Jabal Runout #3 with a high pass switchback or whatever. I don't find it fun anymore, there's no joy in it, it feels soulless to me.

Teamwork enforced at gunpoint definitely isn't my cup of tea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X