Weekday population

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekday population

Now that weekends are consistently populated, I think we should start really trying to expand the server into the weekdays. I know its already a chore to get the server full some weekend nights, and some of us are either tired of PR, or hate the endless hours of seeding never knowing if our night will result in a full server, but I believe we are making headway, and there's no reason to stop now. I think if we can choose one or two weeknights that we all show up to and get the server running, we can show the community that TG isn't only for weekend play. This will require work by all members of the community and I'm sure will have some frustrating moments of seeding and a server crash or seeding and never filling. But if we can work through those issues TG can grow back to what it was both in quality and quantity.

The idea is to get a foothold in the week is to hold a themed night on a chosen and preannounced day, and after a few weeks of this attemping to broaden out into the other days until the entire week is ours! This will require work by both players and admins, and it will require people to show up and do the most boring task of all, seed. That doesn't mean hop on and go afk, that means spam every online friend you have, and tell them to get their butt over to TG for some fun gaming.

Feedback for the themed maplists, or days?
    Monday
    22.22%
    Tuesday
    33.33%
    Wednesday
    19.44%
    Thursday
    25.00%
    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Re: Weekday population

I'm around most of the time; won't be next week.
    sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Keep voting!!! Bump!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
        Now that weekends are consistently populated, I think we should start really trying to expand the server into the weekdays. I know its already a chore to get the server full some weekend nights, and some of us are either tired of PR, or hate the endless hours of seeding never knowing if our night will result in a full server, but I believe we are making headway, and there's no reason to stop now. I think if we can choose one or two weeknights that we all show up to and get the server running, we can show the community that TG isn't only for weekend play. This will require work by all members of the community and I'm sure will have some frustrating moments of seeding and a server crash or seeding and never filling. But if we can work through those issues TG can grow back to what it was both in quality and quantity.

The idea is to get a foothold in the week is to hold a themed night on a chosen and preannounced day, and after a few weeks of this attemping to broaden out into the other days until the entire week is ours! This will require work by both players and admins, and it will require people to show up and do the most boring task of all, seed. That doesn't mean hop on and go afk, that means spam every online friend you have, and tell them to get their butt over to TG for some fun gaming.

Feedback for the themed maplists, or days?
        Themes? Lets keep the maps small until we hit stride. One grand 4km or so if we feel ballsy.

Comment

Sadly Im an Aussie and I go to school, so only weekends for me. But that's not stopping you from organising this!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
          Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...