TacticalGamer public dbzao trials

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] TacticalGamer public dbzao trials

We are going to try out some python changes in the TG server to see how it affects the gameplay.
    • These changes are mine, not from the DEV team.
    • These changes are not final or represent how PR is going to be played in the future.
    • These changes are to see what happens.

Here are the changes:
    1. Rally points don't expire after a minute, they just stay in place until replaced or overrun by the enemy (radius of 100m around it).
    2. Heavy AT kits per team decreased from 2 to 1.
    3. Light AT kits per team increased from 3 to 5.
    4. TOW emplacements per team increased from 2 to 3.

Let's see how it goes, and we might try other things later on.
    Last edited by Wicks; 03-14-2013, 02:12 PM.
    sigpic

Re: TacticalGamer public dbzao trials

Server has been updated and is live, get to it!

Comment

They sound cool. I'll come and try it out!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

When I read the title, I thought it was a wartime trial of dbzao and his crimes against humanity. Lol.
        |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I like the third change. The fourth probably won't have a huge effect thing as most teams will never need to have three FOBs with TOWs active simultaneously.

Anyway, I still think the issue with AT weapons is damage, not numbers - but I'd be more than happy if I were to be proven wrong.

PS - Thanks for the testing opportunity DB!
          sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I like these changes.... (minus RP) wish I could get on to try them.

Comment

I love the rally system! It's so much better! Makes it way more fun to play.

Comment

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
                I love the rally system! It's so much better! Makes it way more fun to play.
                1) Have to agree - the gameplay seemed more dynamic. However, most of the rounds last night were dominated by one of the teams and it's hard to tell whether the dynamic aspect of the gameplay was due to the new rally system. Needs more testing to remove possible team-stacking bias.

2) 1 HAT/team == good. This places a higher weight on teamwork and more value for tanks as it should be, especially given that we only get 1 or 2 tanks per team on a typical map with relatively long wait times.

3) I didn't seem to notice the LAT increase from 3 to 5 per team. When we tried to request a LAT for our squad we got a warning about squad limitation. I'm not sure if the person who tried to request it was new to the squad, but I did see that 3 LATs have already been issued to the team. This needs to be confirmed.

sigpic
                |TG-69th|desant

Comment

Is this still going on? Does this password the server?

Comment

Still rolling and no pw

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Saw this on the PR forums, you guys think you could implement something like this on your server to see what it does to gameplay? I know your server isn't a testing server, but I can't think of a better place.

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...ame-score.html
                      |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Really dislike the Rally System. I came here, to TG, because of mumble and the '.87x' betas which tested the rally changes. I like the importance of logistics in this game and the fact that one single squad can't perpetuate itself indefinitely without some heavy teamwork.

Comment

It is just a test YT.

If this round is too spamy then a new version will be used, and so on. Until the right balance can be found. Not unlike like how the 87 betas went.
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I would like to see the insurgents get a rally point.

Comment

I know its a test. Just "saying," is all.

Its not doom and gloom... just don't like it since it gives squads an easy chance at being self supported 100%. Personally, wouldn't mind if it expired after a longer while (2 minutes to 5) or when a certain number of players spawned on it (like PR ArmA). Forever seems spammy... though its actually serves as a reasonable proxy for maps that are too small or clustered to support proper logistics (like OGT).

The other points... I like the 1 H-AT kit available and the 3 L-ATs. I have not gotten to see the TOWs work yet, but I figure it certainly couldn't hurt. I mean how many times have you needed that 2nd TOW destroyed so you could set your own? This way we get one more. Considering the nerfs to ammo+zoom the TOW took from since it was introduced I say keep it this way.

Looking forward to new ideas Db. Along the lines of the INS... what about a redefined HO specific radius of 150m-100m? Allow more tightly nested defenses...

While we're at Kits as well:

3 Grenadiers
                              3 DMRs
                              1 Sniper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed