Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your community and those who would undermine it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Your community and those who would undermine it.

Ladies and gentlemen,

There are few things in this job that make me happier, more proud of my community and more certain that all the work is worthwhile than seeing the great efforts the playerbase is going to in an effort to increase population and once again make TG the PR server to play on. Your enthusiasm and ideas, the effort, the concern, the willingness to work at it. This commitment serves to refresh the Admin Team each time we see it and makes us want to do better for you.

Conversely there are very few things in this job that make me angrier than players who seek to undermine your efforts and those of the Admins by recruiting for external communities, effectively trying to steer people away from TG and onto their own or other servers. TG has always had a site wide policy of 'No External Recruitment' on our game servers and forums for obvious reasons.

Now this practice has always gone on and as you can imagine when the server was full near 24/7 it was rife. However despite your community being in a rebuilding stage with new players coming in and new Admins joining the team, a more stable server etc this underhand practice has raised its head again.

As a result, and after discussion with the available Admins, I permanently banned several players last night for external recruitment. It gives me no pleasure to do this. Generally it is policy that we do not discuss Administrative actions in public, in the interests of confidentiality for the individual concerned. This of course leaves TG and the PR:BF Admin Team wide open to misinformation as the individual is free to spread their version of events on public forums and by word of mouth, whilst TG maintains a dignified silence. However in view of the scale of the issue and circumstances I have decided to bring it to your attention today in general terms.

Please stop for a moment now and think about what external recruitment on our PR:BF server means. Every minute you seed the server or spend providing suggestions for events or new ways of building our playerbase is undermined and attacked by those who would like our playerbase to play on their server or elsewhere. All your efforts, the efforts of the Admins in organising events and brainstorming new ideas and working for the TG community, being eroded by people effectively attacking our community.

I will not stand by and let this happen, the Admin's won't and neither should you. If you see or hear people recruiting on our servers please report it to an Admin by whatever means is most convenient. I promise you each and every instance will be looked at. You work too hard to maintain this community and so do the Admins, don't let others trash those efforts.

If anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to contact the Admin team or grab me on TS.

Wicks
    TG PR Game Officer.

Re: Your community and those who would undermine it.

This policy is enforced by nearly every online gaming community. You have my support.

Comment

I understand you fully Wicks, I will assist the TG Community with this problem.

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Perfect words Wicks!!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Excellent work Jack.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Well written as always. I only wish you had used this tone for your prose posted over on realitymod forums. Nothing scares people away faster than the sort of thing read into over there. You can and should be strict in the enforcement of server rules, but the way you go about it is important too. In this "population trough" we are seeing in what has become the natural cycle of things at PR, it is more important than ever to keep TG's image attractive to the larger community.
            Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

The comments on Reality Mod were in a private forum, not open to the public, the tone there was used for a purpose. Due to the private nature of that forum they shouldn't be discussed here.

Comment

How about discussing the fact that no recruitment was done on your forums or your server and that no proof has been presented to back up these claims? Even if it was done using your network, unless asking someone to help admin a server constitutes a ban I'm really confused on what happened here.

Comment

So much for transparency. Lets delete some more posts from people who don't agree. It will be fun!

Comment

Was there a post in between your two alpha?

Comment

Originally posted by Yrkidding View Post
                      Was there a post in between your two alpha?
                      No, the original was "moderated" after being up for a few minutes... I just assumed it was the ol' delete.

Comment

Lets delete some more posts from people who don't agree.
                        I haven't deleted any posts in this thread, what are you referring to???

How about discussing the fact that no recruitment was done on your forums or your server and that no proof has been presented to back up these claims?
                        The TG Administration doesn't usually have to run things by you Alpha, last I checked.
                        Last edited by Wicks; 04-01-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                          No posts have been deleted in this thread, what are you referring to???

The TG Administration doesn't usually have to run things by you Alpha, last I checked.
                          Usually, no.

I'm just asking for some transparency, and maybe a little bit of evidence to back up your libel and the actions taken against my clan mates. Your post paints a very pretty picture of people colluding to "bring down TG", without any kind of explanation as to what specifically provoked this reaction. As far as I can tell you banned people for asking some of the TG community to help admin a different server, on their own time and off of your network. If that constitutes a ban, then that's your call. I would disagree with that call, but hey... we all know what my opinion counts for with you.

Now if anybody out there wants to point me to some evidence that contradicts what I have been told, say a public forum post calling for TG members to boycott TG and join a different server... then I will gladly stand down and hold those who have lied to me accountable. However at this point it is their word against your anger, with no evidence of any wrongdoing being presented. If you want to make public accusations against people, the least you can do is present the facts that led to those accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha_s9 View Post
                            Usually, no.
                            Try never.

we all know what my opinion counts for with you.
                            If you would like your opinion to carry more credibility with me, then perhaps you could try not prejudging my actions, prempting my motivations, making baseless claims, embroiling yourself in matters that don't concern you etc. I am more than prepared to hear anybody out, I am usually more receptive if people afford me the same courtesy, something that has been extremely lacking of late. Perhaps not pointlessly trolling things I post without clear knowledge of the facts would help.

Now if anybody out there wants to point me to some evidence that contradicts what I have been told, say a public forum post calling for TG members to boycott TG and join a different server... then I will gladly stand down
                            Why, do you get to decide how these things are handled, I thought that was our Admin Team that did that. When it comes to forum conduct you will stand down when TG decides not the other way around.

If you want to make public accusations against people
                            I don't see any names anywhere in this public thread, again, facts, details, those little things you overlook.

FYI
                            asking some of the TG community to help admin a different server
                            = recruiting

I am not going to debate this further with you Alpha, a) because it's none of your business and, b) because it's not appropriate to have that conversation on a public forum, therefore if you wish to carry on with it please use the Contact An Admin forum like everybody else in this community, that's the set up, you don't get an exemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
                              I am not going to debate this further with you Alpha, a) because it's none of your business and, b) because it's not appropriate to have that conversation on a public forum, therefore if you wish to carry on with it please use the Contact An Admin forum like everybody else in this community, that's the set up, you don't get an exemption.
                              If it's not public then why was this post made? Its my business because it's my clan mates. My questions here are simply in response to a public thread that YOU started.

As for asking someone to help admin a server == recruiting... then why does TG allow admins to admin other servers as well as TG's? You can't admin two servers without a conflict of interest? I can only assume that there is a contract you must make admins sign that says "thou shalt not even think of another server".

Anyway, I have given you an opportunity to show the public the reasons for your ban and this post, and you have failed to provide it. Therefor I have no choice but to find the offenders "not guilty" in the court of alpha. Feel free to appeal when you have something to present.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X