PR Vietnam feedback thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Vietnam feedback thread

Bunch of other threads going off topic with Vietnam feedback. Post your feedback here!

I think la drang valley needs work on the flag layout. 3 flags at once is too many. Most teams don't have the discipline to defend 3 flags. Or even capture the 2nd or 3rd without losing one because people just flock to other flags.
    Needs 2 flags to cap at once max. More is too many.

Helicopters And planes need guages if you're gonna ditch the HUD to be "realistic". Sure you can "just look at the ground". Doesn't help when you're dropping on slopes. Or when you're doing Cas trying to gauge an attack run and don't know how steep your diving or what altitude your at.
    Guages were around long before Vietnam. I'd like to have them :p

Everything else is great! Love not having scope or binoculars. It makes it much more challenging and fights are more intense. It seems suppressing fire is more important now as if you're engaging a bunker across from you you can't really see what's there but you know enemies are there. It was pretty cool fighting at docks on baraccuda during the event last saturday

Re: PR Vietnam feedback thread

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
    Bunch of other threads going off topic with Vietnam feedback. Post your feedback here!

I think la drang valley needs work on the flag layout. 3 flags at once is too many. Most teams don't have the discipline to defend 3 flags. Or even capture the 2nd or 3rd without losing one because people just flock to other flags.
    Needs 2 flags to cap at once max. More is too many.
    I think it's perfect how it is. I don't want this to be a fair game for either side. The NVA have the advantage flagwise, but the Americans have the advantage that they have rapid response transport.

It shouldn't be like normal AAS, because Vietnam isn't trying to be like normal PR - it's a totally different style of gameplay. Ia Drang in my opinion is one of the best maps made to date in terms unique gameplay. How could you want to have the same mentality for every map?

Now, don't get me wrong. Ia Drang isn't perfect, but I don't think that is something that should be "fixed".
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I'm going to avoid ranting thing as doing so doesn't help any one and instead simply give the two reasons I'm disappointed in the release:

A: It's spectacularly buggy (for example, I still can't understand how a bug as obvious as the ZSU-57-2's 57mm guns doing no real damage could possibly make it through testing).
      B: It's totally unnecessary (releasing spinoffs when vPR is a far cry from anything resembling a finished product seems foolish to me).

Anyway, my personal feeling is that this release has been detrimental to the overall quality of PR and is better left shelved than released.
      sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Having flags all over the place isn't an advantage though, there isn't any structure to them that keeps the fighting somewhat concentrated. That especially hurts the NVA who don't have good trans.
        |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

I have only had the opportunity to play PRV a few times, but I've enjoyed it every time. Certainly one of the biggest changes is the lack of scopes and long range sightings. You really have to rely on your SL or other team feedback. You can't just hide in a bush and engage targets at long range. This also makes the sniping role dramatically different in PRV. In regular PR, you don't always know if it's a sniper, a marksman, or a rifleman with a scope. In PRV, when a sniper round goes off, you know it and react to it much differently than in regular PR. At least I did.

Ia Drang Valley: Love it! Roll out on this map is lots of fun, and I can only imagine how much more fun it would be with a plan and CO orchestrating everything. I got to fly as a waist gunner on a huey and suppressed an NVA squad moving onto some of our friendly units last night, and had a blast. Looking down into the foliage with a big gun is big fun.

The aircraft seem to handle differently, although I will agree that gauges are important. I had no trouble landing the prop plane, but it gauges would be a nice touch.

I want to play more Ia Drang.

Dien Duong: I only played a short round on this map, but it felt like all of the action was close at hand. My squad got into several fun fights over a hill top not far from US main. There was even quite a bit of hand to hand combat and knife play.

Respectfully, I will disagree with Shock Unit up there and would submit that this release will only help to bolster the community and bring in new players. In my community alone, I have had several friends ask about the mod, have installed it, and are ready to play. However, as this is still PR, it's just not a game that you can join into and expect to have a CoD/BF3 type of game. You still need team work, you still need tactics, and you still need to use caution.

To me, this is the exact same game except we're using 1960's factions and weapons. Otherwise, this is the same PR game unless I'm totally missing something. If it were not the same game, it could not be included with the other PR maps or be in the same rotation.

Comment

Why do people need gauges or a HUD? You don't need to fly so high that you can't tell which way is up or down. The only thing I would change about the aircraft is in the hueys. They need some sort of ammo counter for the crate.

Also, the ZSU-57-2 is almost useless vs aircraft.
            Viking

Comment

I think gauges will be important when implemented. For me I want at least a velocity if not altimeter. In the Sky Raider its important to know how high up you are if you want to do a diving run especially since the view distance is so low on that map airspeed would be nice to know so I don't fall down when I do my low speed bomb runs for accuracy. The Huey not so much.

This all being said I love it all. I really want to get a good round as the NVA though and try my had at placing massive amounts of grenade traps. Its situational but I figure it can really work to an advantage on some maps/ flags. I do think AASv4 would benefit the Fools Road map though... I do like La Drang as it is, the three flags make USA attack hard.

I'd love to see a yamalia esque 4km map with the sky radier and a ton of Hueys. Also I think the Cobra was around back then... ;D Oh and a call back to "Hue-1968" in BF:V would be sexy. Double points if its with caches. ;D

I also want to see some balancing of the NVA/VC. I assume the VC will play like the Taliban? Right now though the NVA as a 'Militia' esque team is a bit of a hamper though.

------

Cas, and specifically the Napalm Bomb just hasn't been found to be useful if only because spotting is so darn difficult and maneuverability is hard which means a long range horizontal approach is probably optimal.

Comment

I haven't even played a full Ia Drang round yet, but I really want to!

Comment

Downloading, can't wait to get in on the action!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                  Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...