Deviation Test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviation Test

Been talking to a lot of players lately regarding the deviation and a lot have the same opinion - change it. Now, the deviation in PR does a lot for gameplay in which it basically discourages run-n-gun tactics and the like. What I would be proposing is a test where we modify the deviation to be maybe .75 or .50 of what it is now. This isn't a rant regarding how much the deviation sucks, but maybe it'll be better if it was lessened.

What do you think? Could we ask DB to put this into his next trial?
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Deviation Test

Interesting idea.
    We could even do a test event on TG's private PR server, or a proper password night if more people are interested.
    That is if DB doesn't want to put it in his test.
    As far as i know we are allowed to modify game files in any sick and twisted way as long as the server is passworded :)
    sigpic

Comment

Would be cool

sent from the phone using magic
      Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
        Would be cool

sent from the phone using magic
        Great. I'll be on the lookout.
        |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

We're already working on it guys, be patient. There is a lot more to it than you think. When the new settings are ready for beta tests, we'll let you know how and when. :)

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
              We're already working on it guys, be patient. There is a lot more to it than you think. When the new settings are ready for beta tests, we'll let you know how and when. :)
              Cool.

One thing I want to point out though... after playing PR:ArmA a bit I get annoyed at every rifleman being a crackshot at 400m and more... it made me appreciate the deviation system some more and recognize it as something somewhat good.

Comment

I've always found aiming in ArmA difficult (could just be with the ACE mod; unsure) - you've got drop to compensate for and your sights never seem to go where you want them to go.
                sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

I like it when the bullets go where I point my gun. Maybe I'm just kooky like that.

Comment

Totally behind this idea, the deviation is far from realistic and it's annoying taking a well aimed shot to only have it miss completely because of deviation. It really discourages advancing and encourages spray and pray point shooting when advancing.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

This sounds good, the other day I remember I walked up behind a MEC soldier, crouched took aim waited 2-3 secs and my shot still missed, lol. Deviation changes would be interesting as long as they don't make everyone run around like it's Modern Warfare 3.

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                      Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

What's even worse is that with the current deviation system, I missed a MEC soldier on Kashan from 3 meters away....with a Mossberg 500. I've missed numerous shots on PR with shotguns, rifles and everything. I can't wait to see what's going to be changed with it. Thanks for the update AFSoccer. And I'll be available for any testing on the weekends and most weekday nights (I'm on CST) since I'm finished moving.

Comment

what i've been thinking of is:

decrease deviation
                          increase settle time

Comment

I'll definately want to try it out but I seriously think it will be very bad when everyone and his granny has 100% accuracy at all ranges.

As much as I'd love to be the best crack shot ever in real life I know I'm not and I can't just pick up a gun and take into acount everything that goes with aiming a precise long range shot.

Comment

Originally posted by sweedesniiperr View Post
                              what i've been thinking of is:

decrease deviation
                              increase settle time
                              I dont think we need an increase in settle time. When you are already alert, it doesnt take that long to bring your rifle up to your shoulder and fire.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X