Preparation Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparation Suggestion

One of Project Reality's main focuses is teamwork. I can't help but think that the most important part of a round is at the beginning: People load in and jump in squads, the squad leads tell their members their responsibilities and assign kits, etc. Let's say a squad is formed at the 1:00 to game start mark. This only gives the squad leader one minute to dole out his orders AND communicate with the other squad leaders about who's going where and doing what. This is where the dilemma lies.

I am proposing that a team organization time period is created to better enhance the core value of teamwork. This would occur after the "loading in" period before the game starts. It would be between 2 and 5 minutes long and at this time, the entire team would spawn in the main (some SLs may order their guys not to spawn in just for the sake of people running around) and the SLs would talk about where they are going and what they are doing. At this time, no vehicles have spawned (delay spawns another 2-5 minutes so people wouldn't be messing around or leaving main). I think the extra couple minutes could create a better teamwork environment, as opposed to everyone rolling out and broadcasting over the SL channel "Squad 1 going to docks", "Squad 2 going to build fobs", etc.

Layout:
    Loading in time - 3 min
    SL prep time - 2-5 min
    Vehicles spawn
    Roll out and kick butt because you now have a super organized team - over 9000 min

How feasible is this? What do you think? If it's too much work, maybe just do this on password nights? Or start this on password nights to see how it works?
    |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Re: Preparation Suggestion

Priceline,

It's very hard to implement vehicle spawns in the way you're suggesting due to how the BF2 spawner engine works. You can only set a single delay time for a vehicle, and whether it spawns at the start or not.

What you could do, however, is set up a "mobilize" flag that starts out neutral and is right outside the main. Main base vehicle spawns would link to this flag, and only your team can cap it. (This does not effect the inital state of other flags on the map; for instance Qwai River, US and PLA mains would start out controlled by their respective teams). This gets sketchy for public rounds because you can't guarantee both flags will cap simultaneously (unless there's a means of limiting flag cap rate I am not aware of), but when you're working under a system, that's not a big deal.
    Whether by air or on land
    foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Ok, I'm not too keen of the mechanics of everything, so I was just throwing it out there. Thanks for letting me know.
      |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

I think the simple fix to this would be having a CO, not just someone using the UAV, but someone that takes control and delegates

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Easily simulated in the organized events. In fact every IH scrim I CO'd on I had spent hours of preplanning and talking with my SLs who needed to know what.

This is just basically the CO's task an teams that lack CO's simply can't organize themselves to one goal but rather organize themselves around many smaller personal goals that hopefully mesh together well enough to get the W. That's basically common sense then.

The commander doesn't personally go to Opfor's house, knock the door down, and shoot him in the head... he just congeals the 31 other players in a way only he can understand. Thats the upside of a good CO, as SLs you just need to worry about your crap and let him worry about the bigger picture.

Its a thankless stressful job. And its fun ^^.

Comment

This generally happens at the beginning of many PW events and most pick em' events.

Regardless of the game engine mechanics and limitations, you can't limit what anybody will do in a public match, unless you can somehow "wall" them into the main so they can't leave for a set amount of time. Somebody will always try and get the jump on the other team, whether rushing to docks on Muttrah, east beach on Jabal, etc. If there is no CO, there is no way to guarantee that people will actually stick around to plan something. In my experience, most gamers have ADD and asking them to sit quietly in one place while the adults talk might be a little ambitious for a public match.

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree. Roll out is my favorite part of the game, and having a solid plan with individuals accountable for specific tasks is one of the better aspects that I enjoy on a TG server.

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
              I think the simple fix to this would be having a CO, not just someone using the UAV, but someone that takes control and delegates
              Like jafar.

Comment

I'd hardly say its a dilemma at all. There really isn't that much issue with a single sentence of intent for each squad. Plans often go pear-shaped regardless of how well organized they are anyway.

You just can't put that much expectation into the average player.
                Its the decisions you make, when you have no time to make them, that define who you are.

Comment

Please, oh please no. I ready find it annoying having to wait 3 full minutes listening to people banter on about the weather outside, the true definition of newb, the connotation of nub and l33t, and other nonsense in mumble/through team chat. Lets not give people another 5 minutes to pursue their pointless debates. Basically what everyone else has said get a commander and viola. Worst case scenario as OP said for a squad made at the 1:00 minute mark, is that they chill in base talking about it. Their fault. Yeah, yeah. Complain about that the other team may have the advantage getting to the flags first....etc..... Suck it up and get over, its your fault your not prepared. Learn how to shoot your gun and kill the other team when they have a faster rollout than you. When you learn how to kill people with ease it does not matter if they rollout faster than you. You simply wipe them off the flags they got to before you did... Simple as that.
                  I do not have any ribbons because the TG Ribbons department has not created one for being a boss.

Comment

Mnam is a boss. Good show ol' chap.

sent from the phone using magic
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

If you feel so inclined be sure to check out PR:ArmA II. That game has all the potential in the world to be the premiere warfare simulator. That game has a slower pace by nature and scale and as a result the 5 minute planning time goes by real quick and is actually preferred.

It doesn't really fit in PR:BF2.

Comment

Mnam is a High speed, low drag combat ninja.

He made a video to give people some tips on how to slay bodies like a boss:
                        Viking

Comment

I wish that dude would make more videos. It's like every stereotypical phrase and lingo you hear in boot camp and any Marine Corps class ever.

"All of you stay frickin high speed. All you stay on your frickin primaries and frickin slay bodies all day long. Good to go" -Combat Ninja lol

Comment

Originally posted by ankyle62 View Post
                            I wish that dude would make more videos. It's like every stereotypical phrase and lingo you hear in boot camp and any Marine Corps class ever.
                            Haha, yeah. And what's awesome is the references to Silkies. Those things are awesome.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X