TeamplayerGaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamplayerGaming

Formerly TexasTeamPlayers, a server that has been empty on the server list the last few years finally got shut down for good.
    Back in the day it was the best place to play PR. Back when PR wasn't drowning in servers stretching out the playerbase.
    I came to TG because PR:TPG became more and more empty and ultimately flatlined. Can't help but feeling that PR:TG is going the same way now.

Then what are we gonna do?

Re: TeamplayerGaming

Bit of a downer post lol. I personally think the server and PR @TG is doing better than it has been in recent times. Seeding has been more successful, we have filled the server on more nights and filled it quicker. Password nights are increasing in frequency and we have an upcoming internal scrim.

PR has been around a long time, people are very much waiting for the next significant true PR patch, personally Vietnam doesn't interest me, though I am grateful for the hard work involved in bringing us the extra content.

There is also a degree of server spam watering down the playerbase, however our server maintains its reputation for maturity and the highest quality gameplay, despite the usual cyclical trough in player numbers.

Comment

People may be waiting for the next big release, but if they all keep abandoning our server everytime they feel PR needs new content again, there may not be a PR:TG server for them to return to next time. It's extremely aggravating and boring to try and seed the server regularly, especially for Europeans, as you have to be up well after midnight, and then spend several hours before it's full, and most of the time it never fills up anyway.

Comment

I am unsure as to the point of this thread and I could care less about TTP. Feel free to get your frustrations off your chest though, it's really helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicks View Post
          PR has been around a long time, people are very much waiting for the next significant true PR patch, personally Vietnam doesn't interest me, though I am grateful for the hard work involved in bringing us the extra content.

There is also a degree of server spam watering down the playerbase, however our server maintains its reputation for maturity and the highest quality gameplay, despite the usual cyclical trough in player numbers.
          I agree with Wicks on that. I personally don't care about PR:V. I played it on the first night and on the PR:V night here and I honestly don't care to play it again. This server is the tippy top for players that want somewhere to play with maturity. I know this isn't the right place, but as long as there are places like Hardcore that keep pushing the player base around, ****ting them off of their server, then somehow manage to get them back I think we're going to have problems keeping the server seeded every night. Lately I haven't been on...well at all. I just got out of the Marines a few weeks ago so I've been running everywhere to see my old friends. Once I get settled down, I'll make myself a list of days to devote to play (most likely Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) so I can try to balance PR life and real life (something I was horrible at while I was in the Marines; I probably put in 25-30 hours a week playing PR and kicked real life out the front door).

But summing that all up, I don't think TGs server is going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

I don't think TG is going anywhere. However, PR:BF2 is getting pretty long in the tooth. I still wholeheartedly feel that PR is the best FPS game ever, hands down. However, the number of players on ANY server has been dwindling the last several months, even before the release of BF3 in October of last year. I don't know if more people are playing PR:Arma now or not, but they seem to be playing PR:BF2 less and less. I have ArmaII, but unfortunately, I can usually only commit an hour or so at a time to video games, and that's just not enough for any PR.

Nobody wants to be a Debbie Downer, but as of the time of this post, there are 265 players in total on all PR:BF2 servers, and none of the servers are full. http://www.realitymod.com/prspy/#/servers/viewall/
            This is about the average number of players on at any given time, (aside from the weekends, ~500 players), at least when I check in on it, which is fairly often. This number used to be in the 1,000s regularly.

They say that all good things must come to an end, but I prefer to think of it as good things making way for better things. I eagerly await the arrival of PR 1.0. Until then, I will continue to come here and play so long as there is grass on the field. Play ball!

Comment

I'm absent for a bit as well.

Eyeball deep in Differential Equations...

Lets not be too hasty, I think Summer time will be a good measuring stick.

Comment

I hope so. I miss PR. :row__265:

Comment

PR vietnam was manhours not well spent. Could have spent that time making the next biggest patch for PR. Its been a helluva long time since the last one, I cant even remember when...thats how long. The only time Ive been on is when I get so sick of Chriswebs nagging on TS that I cave in :D

Im sure itll turn around though, always does. If not, it was a good run either way and Id be looking forward to what ever the PR devs have coming down the pipe with regards to PR:ARMA or a standalone PR.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                    The only time Ive been on is when I get so sick of Chriswebs nagging on TS that I cave in :D
                    Hehe, I know the feeling. I jump onto xfire to have him send me "GET IN HERE AND SEED...NOW"

And I'm guilt tripped into it. :D

I have spent a little bit playing on PR:ARMA2 and it's....quite the mod. I say give it a year or 2 and it'll be the unrivaled champ of combat simulators. I just wish it had a bigger player base. Unfortunately, it takes quite the rig to play that game (mine costs $2700 and I only get 50fps on max settings).

Comment

My personal opinion is that whoever schedules PR's updates has made a strategic error in going for large, infrequent releases - PR is an old game by anybody's standards, and if it's going to continue to survive in an environment where flashier competitors are being released every few months or so, it needs to have a steady supply of content coming in to keep its playerbase interested.

Frankly, for a seven year old game, one major content release (the mappack) in ~18 months simply isn't going to keep PR as healthy as it could be - especially when the likes of Battlefield 3, PR's most direct competitor, is roaming around essentially unanswered by the PR development team. Going the other route and opting for more frequent releases would of course mean smaller, potentially less "complete," patches - something I'm sure the dev team wouldn't be happy about - but it, unfortunately, is the only real option here.
                      sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
                        My personal opinion is that whoever schedules PR's updates has made a strategic error in going for large, infrequent releases - PR is an old game by anybody's standards, and if it's going to continue to survive in an environment where flashier competitors are being released every few months or so, it needs to have a steady supply of content coming in to keep its playerbase interested.

Frankly, for a seven year old game, one major content release (the mappack) in ~18 months simply isn't going to keep PR as healthy as it could be - especially when the likes of Battlefield 3, PR's most direct competitor, is roaming around essentially unanswered by the PR development team. Going the other route and opting for more frequent releases would of course mean smaller, potentially less "complete," patches - something I'm sure the dev team wouldn't be happy about - but it, unfortunately, is the only real option here.
                        You have a good point Shock and we don't disagree that frequent updates would be better than a major update every year. The reason we've done it that way in the past is because BF2 never came with an updater. Thus whenever there is an update it's a mess for our tech guys who get 1001 questions about why the patch didn't work correctly, why a player CTDs when loading an updated map because he didn't get the patch notification, etc. The other reason is that testing is a very time-consuming process. So instead of working on a month's worth of upgrades and then spending 2-3 weeks testing it, then a week releasing it and dealing with tech issues, we found it more productive to test a lot of things at the same time.

But I have good news. As you may have noticed with PR:Vietnam, we finally created a updater from scratch. It isn't working quite like we hoped, but with some more debugging it should allow us to publish more frequent updates with less headache. So stay tuned for that.

Also... I'll remind everyone that PR is an all-volunteer development team so it's hardly fair to compare us to BF3. We're doing the best we can. Btw, if you have a skill you can contribute, please do so by visiting the community modding page. :)

Comment

The main question itching the back of my head is, why has TG suffered so bad? When I left on my final deployment in March of last year, TG was the tippy top. It was the place to play. It was hard to find a night that the server wasn't seeded up. Then I get back in February of this year and it's hard to find a night where the server is seeded up (even on weekends at times). I see other servers like CIA and Hardcore always seeded up (and I do like CIA's server. I write this as I try to auto deploy into their full server because the other option is Hardcore). But my thought is, why not TG? Everyone knows of all of the problems that happened with Hardcore (and as I've seen, haven't been fixed even after they lost their server license). So why would they continue to play on that server compared to TG and it's widely known maturity and the strict, but fair admins?

And TG isn't the only server that has suffered. Others, like HOG which used to be consistently full nearly 24/7, have suffered almost as much as TG.

Comment

The reality of project reality.... Is that's it's by any standard... Ancient. As far as a game engine. Will never get new players to replace the old. And old PR players will move on. It is inevitable. It's just the way it is. Arma PR will never be what bf2 pr was because ... It's Arma .....

And battlefield 2 is ancient. It just simply will not attract new players at face value. Anyone would just say "battlefield 2... Ewe those graphics!!"

The "fate" of bf2 pr lies in the buddy system. IE. invite your buddys from other games to play PR
                            Doesn't matter what magical release happened for PR bf2.

PR is not a fine wine. People will not start playin PR simply because it's too old.

Just the way it is. TG is not dying. PR is.

Comment

I'm actually optimistic about ArmA. The more I play it the more potential I see in it, but that's neither here nor there.

@Soccer http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388...-spigot-2.html
                              sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X