Dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead?

Before I took off for school several years ago, this forum was THRIVING. Within 24 hours of not checking the forum there would be well over 1.5-2 pages of new posts, topics, and replies. Now, I look at the bottom of Page 1 and the post there is dated for over a month ago.

What happened? Is this place a ghost town? Did the Kashan heat finally dehydrate everybody?

Re: Dead?

I think we all still come here, we just don't have much to say....

Comment

Originally posted by CR8Z View Post
      I think we all still come here, we just don't have much to say....
      Kind of agree. I also think that it's the fact that a lot of PR players have moved on to new games, so they don't see or feel the need to check into the TG PR section anymore. I was never really into the TG forums until a couple of months ago. I only had the account cause I was sick of getting kicked from the TG server for a 'Supporting Member'.

Comment

Good deal. I guess back then there was constant updates from game devs, new features, new maps, experimental tactics and new strategies always being put to the test, etc etc. If I recall correctly, I played from about .4-.7something, then came back briefly for .86 before school took over my life again.

I haven't redownloaded yet, I am waiting till finals are over. Is the TG server still relatively active?

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacanadian View Post
          Good deal. I guess back then there was constant updates from game devs, new features, new maps, experimental tactics and new strategies always being put to the test, etc etc. If I recall correctly, I played from about .4-.7something, then came back briefly for .86 before school took over my life again.

I haven't redownloaded yet, I am waiting till finals are over. Is the TG server still relatively active?
          It's been hard times on the server. I left on a deployment in March 2011 and the server was bristling every night. Fast forward to Feb 2012 on my return, and we've had troubles seeding it during the week, sometimes on the weekend. There hasn't been any new releases from PR in about 18 months, so people have moved on. Maybe Major can explain it a little better.

Originally posted by majorissuez99 View Post
          The reality of project reality.... Is that's it's by any standard... Ancient. As far as a game engine. Will never get new players to replace the old. And old PR players will move on. It is inevitable. It's just the way it is. Arma PR will never be what bf2 pr was because ... It's Arma .....

And battlefield 2 is ancient. It just simply will not attract new players at face value. Anyone would just say "battlefield 2... Ewe those graphics!!"

The "fate" of bf2 pr lies in the buddy system. IE. invite your buddys from other games to play PR
          Doesn't matter what magical release happened for PR bf2.

PR is not a fine wine. People will not start playin PR simply because it's too old.

Just the way it is. TG is not dying. PR is.
          I lifted that out of this thread.
          http://www.tacticalgamer.com/pr-bf2/...yergaming.html
          But hey man, don't get too down on it. As far as I know, the PR forums will always be here, as will most of us. I spend a lot of time playing ArmA 2 and DCS Black Shark. Hell, I've got BF3. If you've got a game and want to play it with someone from the PR:BF2 homefront, throw up a thread and organize a time to play with them. If you ask for someone to play and I've got the game (hell, if it sounds interesting enough I'll just buy it), I'll be there.

Comment

Just sit tight and wait for 1.0.
            sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Sounds good. Like I said, I'll get up and running with you guys once tests are over. I had a wall of nostalgia hit me a few weeks ago when I saw Project Reality mentioned in another game's chat and just couldn't resist venturing back. Has the likes of Charity, Sonic, Marine (guy who runs TOW like nobodies business), or those crazies from the 10th been around? I guess I should just go ahead and download the good stuff and jump into the server. The amount of work I'll get done prepping for exams will drop to zero though, hahahaha. Soon! I will be back!

I may be able to network a bit and bring in some new players... who knows.

Comment

Just me Canadian ...

Just me.

sent from the phone using magic
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by imnotacanadian View Post

Speaking of updates, I can't wait until the next PR update (Whenever it will be).
                  And also nice meeting you Canadian and I see that you have been in the Irregs a LOOONNGGG time.
                  Can't wait to eventually play some PR with ya.

Thanks, Sushi.

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
                  Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

Cougar, I was hoping to see you around. My goal is to get the game up and running on my computer by Thursday night and play some this weekend. You should drop in and have a round or two. We can get drunk and try to flip all the new toys that I haven't gotten a chance to play with yet.

Sushi, it will happen. Hoping to make plenty of time for some PR fun in the coming weeks.

Comment

Also, gotta remember, it is time for finals for the school people... (I hate them with a passion)

|TG-Irr|Sockman

Comment

I'm going to be around Saturday night, but I have school Friday night around 6 to 8 PM...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Sockman, I finish up finals on Tuesday! Thank God. Anyhow, I will be around. Should get TS, Mumble, and all that good stuff up and running. Just give me a heads up when/if you are free to squad up!

Besiege, Saturday night may work for me. I'll get back to you on that.

Comment

While I wait for 1.0, I'm gonna give DayZ a shot. Never really tried ArmA MP; could be interesting.
                            sigpic PROJECT REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
                              While I wait for 1.0, I'm gonna give DayZ a shot. Never really tried ArmA MP; could be interesting.
                              DayZ is freaking epic. I've honestly been putting PR on the back shelf since I got it working. Night is the best time to play. It's harder for the other players to see you. Just make sure the moon is out so you have some natural illumination. Flares and other sources of light attract zombies, and most dangerously other players. I got sniped by another player while I was walking with a blue chemlight attached to me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X