BF3 FrostEd Screenshots Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 FrostEd Screenshots Released

Was wondering if anybody caught yesterday's Battle Blog for BF3 and saw the screenshot of their FrostEd map editor.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/08...e-dice-alborz/

Could it be that they might want to release the editor? Could there be a PR on the Frostbite 2 engine?!?!?

Probably not, but omg what a nice thought.

Re: BF3 FrostEd Screenshots Released

That would be siiiiick! Depending on how large maps can get on the frostbite engine..I guess no one really knows because they skimp out. What im more concerned about is how many players can a server support?
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Agreed. Player/map sizes would be paramount, but BF3 takes the cake for game mechanics, (I.e., running, jumping, climbing trees) and would be ridiculous, imo.

I've been wondering if they would release an editor as DLC after they release all the new games using Frostbite 2. Just hopeful.

Comment

Wont happen.

Comment

A Project Reality iteration on Battlefield 3 will sadly exist only in our imaginations. At least, for the foreseeable future.
          Whether by air or on land
          foes crumble at my command.

JaFaR Ironclad, at your service.

Comment

Though... with kickstarter, greenlight, and the whole slew of support for indie games maybe we can realistically see a standalone? ;D

The expansiveness of PR:ArmA, the gameplay of PR:BF2, and the engine that can keep pace!

Comment

I'm not holding my breath on anything for PR right now. No update on PR2 in three...THREE years. PR:BF2 is a sinking ship, and PR:ArmA doesn't have the support that PR:BF2 did. I'm just sticking to DCS World, Lock On and DayZ for now.

Comment

Doubt it'll happen until BF4 is released, if it will happen at all. Which it won't, because DICE/EA are giant douche bags.
                |TG-Irr|PricelineNegotiator

Seaman

Comment

Originally posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
                  Doubt it'll happen until BF4 is released, if it will happen at all. Which it won't, because DICE/EA are giant douche bags.
                  Yup, I'm debating on whether I'll buy or play another BF game. I played PR tonight with chrisweb for about 15 minutes. Him being on was the only reason I joined in, and his ass was afk for 30 minutes or so until I messaged him on xfire.

Comment

As much as you guys would love to have mod tools for BF3, It does not make Dice/Ea douche bags for not releasing them.

Disappointing yes, But it doesn't make them Douches.

Comment

Let's change the tone of this conversation gentlemen, it's not appropriate. This isn't a 'drive by slate EA' thread nor is that kind of language appropriate.

Comment

I like turtles
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Why not CryEngine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bHQeUtEXFs&feature=plcp

Comment

I really like CryEngine, and that Warface game is looking really good. I hope the Devs take a good look at the engine, but I think the Devs are looking for a squad system that already has been laid out. Even if it's barebones. I think(Not a programmer here) any game could incorporate a medic system and proper ballistics and vehicle mechanics. It's the squad system people are looking for. I'm not sure how easy or hard it is to make a squad system for a game, but I imagine either way it's not a pretty sight.

Comment

Ballistic systems, while can be replicated in any game engine, are intensive calculations specifically in an open MP world. An engine with a good ballistics system is important to begin with out of the box. Hitscan systems aren't good enough.

And I do reserve the right to say that EA/Dice are bad developers for supporting the annual technomicroimprovment consumerism model. Its terrible in the massproduction/waste model we have for real goods but its detrimental for the public relations of any company and only serves to siphon money for less production.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X