Tactical Gamer Project Reality - Open for business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Project Reality - Open for business

The Tactical Gamer Project Reality Server Returns!!

Tactical Gamer is very excited to formally announce the return of Project Reality to our community. As most of you know, we've been away from Project Reality for the better part of a year. The reasons for our departure are many, but we now feel that there is a place for our server and style of play in the PR community again. With the impending release of 1.0, we feel it is time to get rid of the dust bunnies in the server and fire up Project Reality once more!

Opening Day
    When: Sunday, March 24th
    Time: 2pm Eastern/1800 GMT

The server will be password-ed for this event. The password will be available on our forums in our server rules post (linked below). Before you join, PLEASE take 2 minutes to read through the server rules. There will be a heavy admin presence and our rules will be enforced. There is no excuse for not knowing the rules. If you have any questions regarding our server rules, or you would just like to stop in and say hello, we will have admins and community members on teamspeak prior to the server going live. We all have a lot of friends in this community, and we expect a lot of PR veterans to come out to play on the server, so stop in and see what everyone has been up to. A link to our teamspeak server is at the bottom of this post.

Tactical Gamer prides itself on being a community of mature, teamwork-orientated gamers. We believe in playing games with tactics and teamwork, and have little tolerance for other styles of game play. While not all agree with our philosophy, we find that we have had incredible success with it in the past and see no reason why we cannot do so again. If you didn't have the opportunity to play on our Project Reality server before, please browse through our forums to see what we're all about. Admittedly, they haven't been very active discussing PR lately (which is entirely understandable, although we anticipate this changing in short order), but there are plenty of other titles that we host where you will be able to see what we're all about.

If you've played with us before then we'd like to welcome you back. We also would like to announce that our ban list has been wiped clean. We're starting over, and as such we're starting over with everyone in the PR community. If we've had a disagreement before perhaps things have changed and you'll enjoy the server. Regardless of what happened in the past, we welcome all upon our return.

The server will be open on Sunday only, playing a limited map list. We've selected the maps based on how we feel they can play out in an organized fashion. Once we've played all 4 maps, we will bid everyone goodbye and shut down the server. We will be running the server, at least initially, only on weekends and with limited map lists. We will be having theme days, such as all Falkland maps or all Vietnam maps as well as other special events. As 1.0 draws near we will consider running the server on a more permanent basis, but for now we will be limited to weekends only.

Our map list for Opening Day is as follows:
    • Vadso City - 32
    • Fools Road - 64
    • Burning Sands - 16
    • Qwai - 64

A note about our Supporting Members: We understand that there has been some frustration in the past over our Supporting Member kicks. In full disclosure, we will not be changing this program. So that everyone understands how it works:

We have a script running on the server that checks each player that is joining against a database of supporting members. If the server is full and the player attempting to join is a SM, the script will look at all players that are on the server that are NOT supporting members and kick the player that has been on the server the longest. It is our belief that those that financially support our community (and therefore our servers) have earned the right to enjoy the servers that they help pay for. Now, with that said, we're not quite sure where our supporting member numbers will be on Sunday, so we can't easily state one way or another if there will be a rash of SM kicks. However, the servers required to host our web site, game servers, etc. are not free. That's all that will be said on this topic, and the policy is not open for debate.

TG Teamspeak: Click here for teamspeak
    TG PR Forums: Click here for our forums
    TG PR Server Rules (and server password): Click here for our server rules - IMPORTANT! Please read!
    TG Contact an Admin: Click here if you have any questions for us prior to Sunday

The server opens at 2pm sharp (1800 GMT)! See you there, and bring your "A" game!
    Last edited by disposableHero; 03-20-2013, 08:20 PM.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Tactical Gamer Project Reality - Open for business

Unfortunately won't be able to make it due to that monday being one of the last 4 days of school. The next weekend though!

|TG-Irr| sushi-sacha111

'A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.'
    Winston Churchill

sigpicBasic Inf Project Reality BF2 Basic Tanking WoT

Comment

so gonna TRY to get in

Comment

HOOAH! I'll be making it come hell or high water!

Comment

I can't wait, and how will I know if my SM will be working? Whos the best person to contact to discuss about SM? You know, to make sure its working. :)
          Last edited by TR00P3R; 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM. Reason: added some stuff

Comment

I am glad to see this. I and everyone else will finally get that nice squad based action with working VOIP at TG.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TR00P3R View Post
                I can't wait, and how will I know if my SM will be working? Whos the best person to contact to discuss about SM? You know, to make sure its working. :)
                Trooper - make sure you have your BF2 PID set up in your Profile. On the menu to the left in the forums, go to My Settings -> My Profile, scroll down and put in your BF2PID.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Forget PID... can I even remember my BF2 password...

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                    Trooper - make sure you have your BF2 PID set up in your Profile. On the menu to the left in the forums, go to My Settings -> My Profile, scroll down and put in your BF2PID.

I hope I have the right PID, thanks. :)

Cya in the battlefield soon!

Comment

o: Family reunion anyone?
                      Excuse me can i have your attention for just a second?

Thank you *trollface*

The Master Teamkiller

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
                        Forget PID... can I even remember my BF2 password...
                        rofl. that and I have no idea how to install this from steam. Well, lets hope I find some time to noob it up and join the server. Best of luck getting the server populated.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Will be in Yosemite. Have a great time!

Comment

Awesome!! Can't wait!!

How large/how many gigs is it?
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                            Level I HazMat Technician
                            NYS EMT-B
                            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X