PR 1.0 Open Beta Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 1.0 Open Beta Impressions

Of the time I have spent playing, ignoring the bugs everyone has to deal with, here are some unsolicited thoughts on 1.Oh

Sounds are epic. Game immersion is positively effected.

Deviation is deadly.

> You are able to move up to 5 seconds after becoming "steady" without increasing deviation.
    > Going into crouch before firing is now ineffective. In fact, your deviation will increase. This will take some retraining to get used to.

Share your thoughts fellas, what's better, what's worse?
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Re: PR 1.0 Open Beta Impressions

So i'm having trouble installing. I downloaded winrar, clicked the box that said "ISO" before configuring it, and then tried downloading 1.0 off the PR Site, and get an error message saying the archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

Is there an easier way to do it via utorrent or the VirtualClone thing Slick4U was talking about?

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I used utorrent to download and daemon tools to mount the iso file. You basically just double click. Had no issues.

Make sure to close mumble before starting it up. Mumble is built in. When you get into game, you can AltTab and click on the invisible icon in your systems tray, and customize mumble as normal.

The sounds and animations are great. I hit a guy at range and saw the pink mist billow out. It was awesome. We also had quite a few cqb engagements with lots of nades and smoke. The grenade effects really add to the immersion.

The first time I heard the mortars was a trip. Like piccolo Pete's!

Comment

figured it out... was tryin to do the whole virtualclone thing to the file before I torrented it.

Derp derp mcderp.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

It reminds me of PR's early history in a really, really good way, like the dev team spent everything after .7 painstakingly constructing a definitive list of what not to do. Looking forward to the full release.

Comment

Haven't been able to play too much but I love whatever they did to the deviation.....the new sounds are cool too....

Comment

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
              It reminds me of PR's early history in a really, really good way, like the dev team spent everything after .7 painstakingly constructing a definitive list of what not to do. Looking forward to the full release.
              We listened to a lot of feedback, you can definitely say that. I think a lot of the early PR players are going to like 1.0. :D

Comment

I really like the new rally situation. Makes placement of rally points important and gives them some stability/longevity

Comment

I think having a temporary RP on a timer, like it used to be, would be nice. People, for the most part, are relying completely on RPs. Hardly anyone seems to be building FBs. The logistics role is unneeded at the moment, but I think it should be required to be successful. Also, RPs, as they are now, currently favor the attacking team.

On a related subject, FBs need to be able to be overrun with 2 people or able to be knocked down with .50cal or higher. It is possible that this is already the case, but I have seen apcs camping FBs a few times now (maybe kill farming).
                  Viking

Comment

i agree completely with viking.
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Granted, I haven't been able to play a ton of the beta, but I haven't seen the rp abuse yet. I still see lots of fobs.screen000.jpg

Comment

Reminds me of 0.5. Love it very much!

Comment

I haven't seen firebase building being an issue. The biggest problem that I've seen is lack of coordination and team work. Transport squads have been doing well. Supplies are getting where they need to be. But there is the general nobody defend spread out all over the place issues. It's been good having other TG members in the squad...

Comment

It'll be good to play 1.0 on a TG server. That's for sure.
                            This beta experience is re-opening my eyes to how different gameplay is when not on TG. :/

Comment

Check out the latest changelog!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse