Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR Server down today

All

The PR server will be down today, starting now. Don't worry, it's not going away. Well, it kind of is, but it will be back.

Soon.

Very soon.

Oh, and it will be a lot better than it was before.

dispo

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: PR Server down today

Mmmmm yes

good things

Comment

So now that it's up again do you want to fill everyone in? :)

Comment

Sever is up, I'll let dispo fill you guys in on the changes
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to post back in this thread to update everyone.

Yesterday, after several weeks of discussions, we decided to change the PR server over to a Linux server. The main reason behind this is stability, as it appears as though Linux handles PR 1.0 much more gracefully than Windows does as evidenced by the success of the =HOG= and the NEW ERA servers. I'd like to send a special shout out to =HOG= Brezmans for being an awesome SA and freely sharing information with me, trying to help where he could and offer his support. It is really great that admins from other communities are willing to share information and assist other communities be successful.

With that said, I'd also like to *really* thank Apophis for being simply AWESOME! He has done everything I've asked to help make the return of Project Reality at TacticalGamer be successful. He has gotten servers for me when I've asked, he has been a tremendous technical resource and he has dropped everything to help us make this move to Linux as quickly and as painless as possible. From the time I posted this thread yesterday, it wasn't much more than 2 hours later and we had a working PR server on Linux. THANK YOU Apophis!!

So, Linux is a new animal to me. I'm a Windows guy, so expect some hiccups along the way during these first few days and weeks. We're still sorting out issues with the server setup, configuration scripts, supporting member stuff, etc. However, this little bit of pain should hopefully pay off with a more stable server that will allow us all to have a great time playing PR.

One big area that it should help with is SEEDING. There are a dedicated few, mostly admins but some are not, that help get the server going every day. It doesn't take too long once we get active seeding (not afk seeding - no one joins a server with 6 players with no kills/deaths and no score) to get the server filled up. Hopefully (fingers, toes - everything crossed) with the new OS we won't spend 2 hours seeding the server only to see it fill and then immediately crash 1 round later, resulting in an empty server. So, PLEASE, help seed the server. It doesn't take long, as I mentioned above, to get it rolling. However, it won't fill if no one takes the time to get it seeded.

See everyone on the server.

dispo out

Comment

Awesome news. I was hoping this was the change. It does seem like the crashes have something to do with Windows, as the servers with Linux and ubuntu are having a lot fewer crashes (more similar to 0.98 stats). The PR team is troubleshooting what the conflict(s) might be but it may be a while before we see stability on Windows so I'm glad to see TG make the change.

Thanks Dispo, and thanks Apophis!

Comment

Hey Dispo: Quite a few of us weren't seeing the mumble overlay today. I couldn't see anyone's name except commander when he talked. Do you think that has something to do with the new server settings?

Comment

Originally posted by AFsoccer View Post
                Hey Dispo: Quite a few of us weren't seeing the mumble overlay today. I couldn't see anyone's name except commander when he talked. Do you think that has something to do with the new server settings?
                That and we can hear people inbetween rounds now.
                Not really a big deal, but more annoying than the silence.

Comment

Not sure what the problem is with mumble. We'll get it figured out.

Comment

It's likely a permissions issue. I'll look into that this evening and see if I can get the permissions cleaned up in Murmur.
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Battle Recorder files now available for download from either within the game itself (the 8+ year old way of getting them) or from this link:

http://assets.tacticalgamer.com/prdemo/brfiles/demos/

Enjoy!

Comment

Are we still down? Server's been at 0 on my list for days.

Comment

Server is up. We just need seeders. I'm going to afk seed now! I have to finish working, eat dinner, and put the kid to sleep. I'll be on tonight though!

Comment

As Cr8z has said, we need seeders. You can't just rely on the same people to fill it up so you can join for a fun game. If everyone who sat on the sidelines waiting for the server to fill would just get on in the first place the server would be full all the time. Know what I'm sayin'?

Comment

Is the realitymod website down for everybody? Or just me?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X