Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't find my CD, do I need to buy another copy of BF2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find my CD, do I need to buy another copy of BF2?

Some of you may remember me from a few years ago. No, I am not Delta Randy / Magnum PI, I am the other Randy, as noted in my sig. :D Anyway, gaming rig wasn't up to snuff and I was out of the scene for a few years. Built a new rig a few months ago with all intentions of being able to play PR again and also try ArmA (which I never could before because computer was too weak). Upon returning to TG however I read a front page article about Planetside 2 that Jeepo had written and after looking into that game a bit more I was hooked immediately. :) Since then I have been playing a ton of PS2, I have been so involved in that title here at TG that I was made an NCO and (as you can see under my avatar) eventually an Officer in our PS2 Outfit. So hello again everybody! :) And now, on to the actual point of this post... :D

Dispo or PortableCougar sent me a poke the other day in TS, and I'm a bit burnt out on PS2 some times, so looking for something else to play periodically to mix it up. Problem is, I have no idea where my physical CD is located. Do I need to buy another copy? I have my cd key / serial number or whatever here at TG, but is that tied to the physical media that I used to have (well, still have around here somewhere, although no idea where)?

Hopefully a couple of you remember me as playing in the server back in the day, I swear I own a legit copy and not trying to pirate here. lol
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: I can't find my CD, do I need to buy another copy of BF2?

So long as you have your CD key, I believe you can download it through steam or origin. Not 100% on that, but the key is the key.

Comment

It doesn't matter how you get the client data (I got my iso from that one swedish site, y'know, the one with the pirates which I can't really link here), as long as you have your key, that's all you need.

Comment

With your key you can add it to your origin library and download the game through that :)
        AnimalMother
        Ex TG-31st LR
        "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
        sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Randy we'd love to see you over on the ARMA servers sometime soon. ARMA 3 just released.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Yup, as others have already stated you can type in your CD key and download the game via Origin.

Now here is a cool tip for those that lost their CD key. You can contact EA support, I did it via chat, and inform them that you lost your key. I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me for the email and the name of the account I played BF2 under. The CS rep informed to launch Origin and make sure my "new" game was in the "My games" section.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
              Now here is a cool tip for those that lost their CD key. You can contact EA support, I did it via chat, and inform them that you lost your key. I was pleasantly surprised when they asked me for the email and the name of the account I played BF2 under. The CS rep informed to launch Origin and make sure my "new" game was in the "My games" section.
              Thinking about it some more, what I have listed under my profile here is a GUID, and not my CD key. Amirite? So thanks for posting that up, as I think I will probably end up having to do that.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                Thinking about it some more, what I have listed under my profile here is a GUID, and not my CD key. Amirite? So thanks for posting that up, as I think I will probably end up having to do that.
                You are correct in that your profile requires your GUID and not CD Key.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X