New Squad Title and Content/Info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Squad Title and Content/Info

As you can see from Animal's post here these guys appear to really have something cooking. Litoralis has contacted me looking to promote this and I'm thinking that might be a cool thing to try to do. The thought that occurred to me was that you all here could read up on Squad and maybe come up with a some questions that could be fielded to them for answer. They get some promotion, TG get's for ourselves (and all who come here) more info. Goodwill might be shared by all and tactical happiness may then ensue.

So....

What do you all think ?

Take a look and post up some questions and lets see what we can do :)

|

Re: New Squad Title and Content/Info

So how in depth is the game play going to be? Is it going to have the combined arms that PR has like Air, Vehicle and infantry? If it does how detailed are the models going to be? Are they planning to have a destructible environment? Is this going to be a commercial version of PR? Personally I will support this game if it resembles PR. PR has gone about as far as it can go with BF2.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

theyve been beating a dead horse for years(PR), so if this is in any way similar with updated gameplay, graphics, mechanics and such it will fast become my favorite game.

Comment

They have been tight lipped about assets. We will have to wait and see.

I'm optimistic as in 6 months they have moved farther ahead than PR2 has in 5ish years.
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Cool thing about this is it is made by the earlier PR:BF2 devs so its in safe hands I believe. Looks pretty damn good for such a early version and 6 months of work.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
            theyve been beating a dead horse for years(PR), so if this is in any way similar with updated gameplay, graphics, mechanics and such it will fast become my favorite game.
            Same here.
            Viking

Comment

Yep. I am feeling a revival of PR glory days here, hence my no hesitation to pledge into the Kickstarter.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The problem i see is that its a commercial game, they have to deliver then.
                Right now (PR): its free, live with bugs, you dont pay, so keep going.

Dont know why they didnt advertise PR (or at least the idea of PR, the idea of realism and gaming, teamwork) at big game publishers (PR works, just get it to an updated game engine). 90% of PR gamers would pay (a lot) to get this game going at EA, UBI, ... with updated game engine and some small adjustments at the gameplay itself.

| | | |

Comment

Oh God no, I would never want EA anywhere near PR. I can only imagine how badly they would ruin it... Nope, I much prefer the current direction this seems to be heading.
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I hope and pray this is the game I am desperately seeking...

Comment

I love the idea and it gives me something to look forward to.

Initial impressions tell me that this will be a very tight game and that vehicles will be fewer than in PR. To be honest I think that is a good decision. Authentic representation of vehicles is bad news for infantry, especially, considering the spartan desert environments we'll probably be saturated with at first.

Crows Humvees were terrifying on Kokan.

Sadly, and I thought we were done with this desert stuff, this game may be pretty true to reality in the coming years.

Comment

So far......

So how in depth is the game play going to be?

Is it going to have the combined arms that PR has like Air, Vehicle and infantry?

If it does how detailed are the models going to be?

Are they planning to have a destructible environment?

Is this going to be a commercial version of PR?

Will vehicles will be fewer than in PR?

Are you going to be delivering dessert only environments ?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can we come up with some more ?

|

Comment

I find it interesting that there's a division... commercial vs. non-commercial. I was always under the impression that PR2 would be a fully commercial product.

I'm not fond of kickstarter projects, but given that I KNOW and have worked with many of the names presented I might consider it.

Literally the ONLY thing they need to do is recreate BF2 PR on a modern engine. They can expand from there, but that's ALL they should worry about.

Question: Is the game going to be total force or focused on counter insurgency? Hopefully the former.
                          Question: Is there a mapping team?
                          Question: Is the kickstarter to completely fund it, or are we already off the ground? Are we funding a start up from scratch for a central studio, or is it decentralized?
                          Skud

Comment

What kind of revenue model do they hope for? I.e., subscription + add ons vs. game + expansions vs. something different?

What is the plan for the beta release in December? One map? 2 factions? Assets?

What happens after December?

Do they have kickstarter goal? What number do they need to hit to make this "real"?

Will there be fastropes?

Comment

For the sake of clarity, its best not to compare it with PR2, although those comparisons are there to be made.

As is known, I was decently involved with the PR ArmA project back in the day. One big issue we had was lethality of both small arms (no deviation) and vehicles.

With the massive view distances in ArmA, you could stand off for literally a mile and destroy everything with a Apache or vehicles. How will this be countered in Squad, as the view distance seems more comparable with ArmA than BF2 PR? I understand the direction will be to address infantry vs infantry first anyway which makes perfect sense.

I am glad deviation is gone and assume some sort of sway system will be implemented?

Can you hurry up and get the Brits in there!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X