Problem With Steam's Chat Causing Sound To Turn-Off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Steam's Chat Causing Sound To Turn-Off

Hey, everyone, I just got back into Project Reality after about 6 years, and I've found that it is just as awesome as it used to be. Better, actually, and I've been playing it in nearly every moment of spare time that I have.

However, there has been one problem: when I use Steam chat with my friend, it disables all sound in PR, except for Mumble. It really sucks; get a random message from a friend on Steam, and all sound immediately ceases. Even in the menu.

I have gone into the menu (which also has no sound), and tried changing the values of effects/music/voice. Nothing. The only thing that restores it, it would seem, is completely restarting the game. It is a MAJOR pain; get into a great squad, be doing great, and then...silence.

Is there anyone that knows of a possible way to fix this? I know that I can just turn-off Steam or go into a different "Status" mode (i.e. offline, away, or busy), but this is how me and my friend organize which server we'll get into and what team we are on.

Thanks for your patience,
    Horseman
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Re: Problem With Steam's Chat Causing Sound To Turn-Off

Damn, should have posted this in the Tech Support sub-forum; sorry.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

I might of had that problem, as well as other people. I'm not sure if this is a proper fix but go to your taskbar and right click on the speaker(go to your control panel and go to Sounds) Look for Communications. Once you're in there click on "Do Nothing" when Windows detects other communications.

Comment

Cool, thanks.

It actually seems to have resolved itself...it appears it was Steam VOIP that was doing it, despite us having turned it off once we coordinated what server we got into. It was doing it all that day until I restarted my computer.
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X