No announcement yet.

You Don't Need BF2 Anymore to Play PR!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] You Don't Need BF2 Anymore to Play PR!

I realize you die hards know this already, but I wanted to make the announcement that, as of 1.3, you no longer need you try and dig out your old BF2 CD! Project Reality is now a standalone client, an ISO is available to download by torrent. More info here:

http://www.realitymod.com/downloads

For others, like myself, who have been away from the game for a while, the idea of having to scrounge around for your old BF2 CD (or considering somehow purchasing another copy) may have been making you put off rejoining our (newly reincarnated) PR server. Well, now you don't have to wait! It's easy!

I'm DLing the torrent as we speak, really looking forward to getting back in game with you guys, especially on the weekends when we run our server!
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: You Don't Need BF2 Anymore to Play PR!

You shut your filthy mouth Randy Shu.

I feel bad about knowing BF2 is somehow, someway irrelevant :(

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Good idea. That may have been something to stress when announcing the server was back. I wonder how many other TGers don't know.
      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/DesmoLocke
      Twitch - http://www.twitch.tv/desmolocke/profile

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
        You shut your filthy mouth Randy Shu.

I feel bad about knowing BF2 is somehow, someway irrelevant :(
        Maybe. But it lives on in PR:BF2 (in an improved way, IMO)!

And bringing this information to light should only bring more people back to PR, which, in a way is extending the relevance of BF2?

Originally posted by DesmoLocke View Post
        Good idea. That may have been something to stress when announcing the server was back. I wonder how many other TGers don't know.
        I know that in the several conversations I have had with people about PR in general, [email protected], etc. the usual response is "man, that sounds like fun, I ought to dig out my old BF2 CD some time and give that a whirl!" I would be willing to wager that the vast majority of people who have been away from PR for a while (whether inside TG or out) probably are unaware and think along the same lines. By removing that barrier to entry, I think a lot of people would give it a try, new and old players alike.

EDIT: I just checked, and while this info was not mentioned in the recent front page article about the PR server being back up, mp40x did bring it up in the comments. In fact, thinking back, that's where I believe I first heard this info, although I didn't realize that was where until just now when I looked back there to check. Which was why I guess I decided to make this post. I came to this forum looking for the DL/Install info and couldn't find it. So, more of our bases should be covered now. And we are generating some forum activity. Am I doin it rite?! :p
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X